ST2 E210005

mkst2

Hello,
The day after having updated the FW to 4.2.2.1 (for some reason did not download 4.2.2.2) and the battery FW as well I got Error code E210005.
After the update the commutes x 1.5 were fine and I didn't notice anything special. The error came up after arriving in front of my garage door.

It does not react to +/- buttons, the Omni C display works ok, but shows 0% battery. Re-charging only possible by taking the battery out.
After several attempts to reset it still wouldn't work, so took the bike to a local Stromer dealer.
The bike has only about 2000 km.

Anybody else with similar experience?

Picked up the bike today and it appears to be working again. The wiring harness from the battery connection was replaced. Two main wires were somehow pinched during the factory assembly and created a short.
Looks that factory QC is sloppy, as I already had the power cable re-isolated very early on (shorting in humid condions).

I was a surprised that Stomer only assumes the cost of the part (CHF95) and not the assembly work (CHF90) at the authorised Stromer shop. Not the end of the world, but doesn't sound right, especially when warranty conditions stipulate that work can only be carried out by authorised (Stormer trained) personnel...

Last edited:
It was a surprise that Stomer only assumes the cost of the part (CHF95) and not the assembly work (CHF90) at the authorised Stromer shop.

Thanks very much for explaining the cause and how to overcome!

Indeed, one of the reasons to do the assembling of all Stromer at the HQ was the sometimes observed lack of quality. This was especially annoying if the failure was - like in your case - hidden.

You were charged for the work? I've checked with §4 of the warranty conditions; for me, parts and work are covered. AFAIK, the swiss law stated this also. In all cases, it's the dealer who is in charge and not the manufacturer. So, your dealer had strange behaviour.

The definition of upgrade of course depends on what you value. When I was looking for a commuting machine, I also looked at them (did not test ride though) and Stromer ticked more boxes for me..
I also have a Turbo Levo S-works which is very nice (crank motor) bike with that Blevo app allowing amongst the other things removing that ridiculous 25 km/h limit. Unfortunately, it is mostly collecting dust unless my kids take it out, as I tend to ride my acoustic bikes for training...
What made you choose (?) either of those over Stromer other than price?

Yes Bluecat, I said that it didn't sound right, but finally did not want to start a big argument over CHF90. They nevertheless took the bike in straight away and sorted out the problem in couple of days..
Their reasoning was that I had bought it from another store and this was "the policy of all makes"...
Next time I may try another shop in case of trouble.

Their reasoning was that I had bought it from another store and this was "the policy of all makes"...

I know this excuse; I would accept it for the cost of the failure search, because the dealer who sold the bike had have the profit.

Back