ST1 keys

Peadar

Anyone have any luck cutting a spare key for the battery compartment for an ST1 elite? I lost my main one, and would like to always have a spare. NYCE wheels and Stromer are saying I need to replace the entire lockset for $50 plus shipping, despite my having the serial numbers of the keys, and proof of purchase etc. I've tried Lowes but not yet a stand alone locksmith.

Weird.. I bought my Stromer Elite 2014 and it came with only one key... Two locksmiths couldn't match a blank key.. I called Stromer in San Diego to ask them about it, gave them the key# and they just sent me two more keys gratis...

Maybe the new models have unique keys now.

We took mine to a bike shop in Bend, Oregon and they got into the battery compartment by picking the lock. Now my 'key' is a screwdriver which is totally fine with me!

Weird.. I bought my Stromer Elite 2014 and it came with only one key... Two locksmiths couldn't match a blank key.. I called Stromer in San Diego to ask them about it, gave them the key# and they just sent me two more keys gratis...

Maybe the new models have unique keys now.
Yes it has a serial number. But apparently that doesn't mean much. But thanks, maybe I will try stromer directly.

Well what do you know. On a whim I tried the wife's battery compartment key (she has an older Stromer Sport, and the key teeth look quite different). The lock isn't state of the art obviously - her key also work on my bike!

Back