Speedo not working and bike shuts down after 5mins

Wtkbri

Region
United Kingdom
Hi just found this thread and feeling really positive that there are some great people here. Just joined i am living in Pontypool South Wales, UK. I have a NCM Moscow 29inch been really please, most of my issues has been minor issues such as rear spoke issues, battery led issue, so luckily all covered under warranty. But this week i have one not sure how to resolve. The Das-kit L7 display no longer shows speed, i checked all the external connections and ensured they were all fully engaged with no connection pins bent, i have cleaned the rear wheel connector with electric spray incase of water ingress. Still no joy? I notice that it shuts off after about 5mins which is really annoying especially going up hill! I would appreciate any comments? When power on it still supplies drive to the rear wheel, so i don’t think it’s magnetic issue, but someone said check hall sensor? Anyone know where this is and Is it easy to do ?
Forgot to say i do get a slight rubbing sound if i put power on during the 5 mins its active? Thanks all , hope to hear from someone? Brian

Yeah, I think hall sensor. I also think there are some diagrams of where that is on some motors if you google enough. Most of these geared hub motors are similar inside so if you can find out where an MXUS motor hall sensor is (I think the Das Kit motor is just a rebranded MXUS XF15R - or something like that) you'd be good. If not, it might be easier to find a picture of it on a Bafang and I'd imagine that would kind of point you in the right direction. The shutdown is because since there's no speed registered, the bike doesn't think it's being used to shuts off because it is designed to shut down after 5 minutes of not being used.

Thanks jkvt nice to have confirmation i will do some digging greatly appreciate your time and comments

Back