Starting to experiment with Tracer tire pressures. The sidewalls say 30-65 psi.
. . .
How do you guys dial in pressure?
Jeremy, I have a bunch of different tire sizes across various bikes, so I need a cheat sheet. So I use Notes on my phone and computer to have reference. No spreadsheet, just text and sections.
I went through all of the calculators over the years and have each listed to see similarities and differences.
Wolftooth
The Bike Tire Pressure Calculator allows cyclists to find their ideal tire pressure based on terrain and riding conditions for the route ahead for mountain bikes, gravel bikes, and fat bikes.
www.wolftoothcomponents.com
SRAM is simple
axs.sram.com
Vittoria is more complete
The Vittoria Tire Pressure Calculator is a step-by-step tool that provides optimal tire pressure for your tires according to the variables that affect your performance.
vittoria.com
Silca is advanced as well
Dial in your ride with the SILCA Pro Tire Pressure Calculator. Get data-driven pressure recommendations for speed, comfort, and efficiency.
silca.cc
Pirelli
Bike tires and accessories for all types of bicycles: MTB, road bikes, hybrid bikes and others
www.pirelli.com
Note: these links may be stale
For each calculator, I have two pressures per tire listed: Dirt/gravel trail and pavement.
it is a very long file with many tires across 4 bikes.
I have a separate file with only the latest preferred pressures (after many rides) for both surfaces, for quick reference:
Grav 45: Creo, RD: 41f-42r, DT: 34f-37r
Grav 55: Creo, RD: 36f-38r, DT: 25f-26r
Road 32: Hakka, RD: 60f-62r, DT: 47f-48r
MTB 2.4: Exie, DT: 24f-25r, RD+GVL: 30f-32r
I always have a mini electric tire inflator with me on all rides -also functions as a gauge. So, if I come across a surface that is very different I change the pressure accordingly.
Occasionally, I will remember the preferred pressure, without referring to my reference file
