Specialized Turbo Vado/Como/Tero/Tero X User Club

See this thread among others on Como vs Vado]
I’m running 25-30 psi in the como tires. Air suspension has got to help. Maybe I’ll switch tires and see if there is s difference.

For a diamond frame, maybe a triangle bag would do. For a low step, I'd try some plastic wrap or cut down a "pool noodle" and bungee cord it on to cover
the battery compartment

Last edited:
Just a quick question if anyone knows. I FINALLY got my Vado 5 delivered today. They say it’s a 2020.
My question is my headlight is attached to the fender, but I see most Vado 5s seem to be on the handlebars. Does anybody know why it’s one or the other?

I have a 2021 and it's on the fender. I really like it because it's a little lower and also out of the way of the handlebars. It feels like a cleaner look.

That makes sense. the terminals are totally exposed. The thing is carrying a bike cover with me. Maybe there is something that would just cover the battery area.
Our bike covers go in smallish stuff sacks that only use a potion of the V5 rack.

I like the tires on the Como. The smooth tread, seems to be less rolling resistance than the Triggers on the Vado and I have more confidence in the smooth tread in cornering on pavement.
I wonder why no one of you people has tried the Specialized Electrak 2.0 Armadillo tyres on a Vado. These are still used on the high-end Euro Vado 6.0. Thick 2" tyres with a lot of vibration damping capability, slick but with perfect road-grip even at low temps (thanks to the Gripton compound), noiseless and hard to puncture. The thickest tyres that still fit the DryTech fenders.

@Marci jo's opinion on Electraks is different, though :)

I wonder why no one of you people has tried the Specialized Electrak 2.0 Armadillo tyres on a Vado. These are still used on the high-end Euro Vado 6.0. Thick 2" tyres with a lot of vibration damping capability, slick but with perfect road-grip even at low temps (thanks to the Gripton compound), noiseless and hard to puncture. The thickest tyres that still fit the DryTech fenders.

@Marci jo's opinion on Electraks is different, though :)
That's what I'm looking for. Did you get to compare them to the Nimbus Sport 2.3 that comes on the Como? $50 ea is a pretty good wack.

To my knowledge Californians are enviromental friendly minded, but I didn't expect someone to even use refurbished southern mask from ancient times like this one under the new C19 regulations (picture taken in San Diego County)

View attachment 51688

What was the purpose? Rebellion against the regulations?
He is rebelling because he can't find any LBS with a Vado in stock.

Couldn't do it as those wouldn't fit the Vado fenders.
The fenders were not as wide but I thought the wheels might fit, was going to switch mine but the front hubs have different widths, one suspended/one fixed, gave up on that experiment.

Anybody have a rear rack off a Vado they don't want I'd be interested in buying it.

Still haven't figured out a good use for the pizza rack on the como, would prefer a rear rack.

Noticed though the rims on the Vado 5 and Como 5 are same manufacture, the Vado have eyelets where the spokes go through the rims, the Como is just plain rim.

For my commute I need to charge when I get there. I was wondering if anyone has a fancy way to carry the charger with them. I have a rack and panniers, but I'd prefer to have it attached to the top fo the rack somehow. Just wondering if anyone has found some creative way...or, no one cares and people just carry it in their pannier. :)

For my commute I need to charge when I get there. I was wondering if anyone has a fancy way to carry the charger with them. I have a rack and panniers, but I'd prefer to have it attached to the top fo the rack somehow. Just wondering if anyone has found some creative way...or, no one cares and people just carry it in their pannier. :)
Zip loc freezer bag and drop in the pannier.

I just got my 2020 Vado 5.0 first service (320 miles on the ODO) and firmware update to 7.1.1. When I got the Vado back form the shop, I noticed my wheel size had been increased from 86.26 to 90.29. My mileage had been around 5% less than my wife's Como 5.0 prior to service but we are now within 1% ODO readings when we rode together for the first time post upgrade. My gear cable had become quite stretched in the run up to the tune up, so it now feels great changing gear. The bike feels fabulous to ride. I'd say it feels better than new, but I can't avoid the bias from having the gears re-tuned. I certainly have nothing negative to say about the firmware upgrade.

The fenders were not as wide but I thought the wheels might fit, was going to switch mine but the front hubs have different widths, one suspended/one fixed, gave up on that experiment.

Anybody have a rear rack off a Vado they don't want I'd be interested in buying it.

Still haven't figured out a good use for the pizza rack on the como, would prefer a rear rack.

Noticed though the rims on the Vado 5 and Como 5 are same manufacture, the Vado have eyelets where the spokes go through the rims, the Como is just plain rim.
If you don't love the pizza rack, I'd be willing to buy it for my wife's low step Como. Good for farmers markets trips.

Last edited:
Back