Specialized Turbo Vado/Como/Tero/Tero X User Club

Yes, mine tilts but no side to side or ability to raise or lower. Seems fine for now.
I 3D printed an extension for my Vados stem mounted light to clear a handle bar bag. Version 1 vibrated too much. Version 2 is fiber reinforced and is very stiff.

0410201356_Film1.jpg

Just to say something ;)

My brother will return my Vado on Sunday, after we have completed a planned metric century ride.
1593065121069.png

Our plan is I would be riding my Lovelec e-bike, as it is very stable at constant speed, and is economical on the battery, while we'll be experimenting with Mission Control for Jacek on the Vado for maximum battery range. His strong legs will get only as much of assistance as he is unable to ride faster than I :) (On earlier rides, my brother was really frustrated when he was riding at 31 km/h on the Lovelec, and Vado was reaching 34 km/h under same conditions with 40/80% asistance).

For July, I plan a Vado metric century with friends in Lesser Poland (around Cracow), which is a hilly terrain. Could be interesting.

Last edited:
Would the Vado battery fit in the bag? Just curious.

You might be able to deform the bag a bit to squeeze the battery in there. I'd worry about that much weight bouncing around over the back wheel. I have the same bag to bring my lunch to work and it gets bounced around a touch back there. No other way about it and it's not the rack or bags fault.

I 3D printed an extension for my Vados stem mounted light to clear a handle bar bag. Version 1 vibrated too much. Version 2 is fiber reinforced and is very stiff.

View attachment 56593
Hi Tim, I’ve just raised the bar and have an issue like yours . I don’t know how to attach the light to the bike. Any chance that you could let me have to template for the 3D printed bracket and I’ll try and get one printed in the UK..unless you know if there’s a standard bracket? Thanks Mark

Hi Tim, I’ve just raised the bar and have an issue like yours . I don’t know how to attach the light to the bike. Any chance that you could let me have to template for the 3D printed bracket and I’ll try and get one printed in the UK..unless you know if there’s a standard bracket? Thanks Mark
The file is loaded on my son's printer. I see what I can do to get a copy.

Marcela, that doesn't need to be Specialized. I can come up with some suggestions for you if you like.
I know. I’m familiar with specialized and their setup and happy with their products, and they are local. I may investigate giant and trek, they both have local shops also. I’m under the impression specialized emtb are pretty nice.

Thx for the offer, you can make suggestions if you want.

Sacramento River Trail? Beautiful spot, and lots of miles away from traffic!

I've got the same Talis rack bag. It's on my Vado for every ride, except grocery shopping when I use panniers.
I have not yet ventured as far as the Sacramento River Trail yet. But I’ve made a couple of runs along the gem that is the American River Parkway (Jed Smith Trail). Great for walks and rides. It is well used, but (to me) never feels crowded.

I have a pair of Blackburn grocery panniers, but have yet to shop with the bike.

I imagine their are separate trunk bags and panniers that can attach to the rack separately or together, but the Racktime Talis and Blackburn Grocery panniers aren’t them. Oh well.
F4FB769F-CBF0-479B-897F-DC1E77FB086D.jpeg
021EB7A1-0986-4C06-AAB1-98C6EA0304DB.jpeg
4409825C-7DB9-4ED6-87F6-97DE20D9776F.jpeg

You might be able to deform the bag a bit to squeeze the battery in there. I'd worry about that much weight bouncing around over the back wheel. I have the same bag to bring my lunch to work and it gets bounced around a touch back there. No other way about it and it's not the rack or bags fault.
It’s a spacious bag. I’ve thrown in a plush hand towel to reduce the bouncing. Not big enough to hold a Vado battery, though.

Back