Specialized Turbo Vado/Como/Tero/Tero X User Club

A funny story for you!

My brother Jacek currently rides my Vado for his daily commutes, (raining or not). There were several 50 cc scooters riding on a long road segment. Jacek got in the lead and left all the scooters behind! That's because a 50 cc scooter cannot ride faster than 45 km/h but an e-bike can... 🤣 Jacek was actually riding 47 km/h uphill!

Then Jacek rode to a friendly MOT station.
-- Hey guys, will you do the MOT to my bike?
-- What's that?! It's got a number plate!
-- Oh yes, that's a moped!
-- No worries! We will do the MOT if you ask us. We do the MOT for 50 cc scooters so we'll of course do it for your e-bike!
:D

What do you guys do about cleaning and lubing the chain if you can't spin it backwards? I'd hate to have to put it on the workstand for that.

I use the Feedback Sports stand, set the bike on the cradle with a towel between the clamps and don't eve clamp the bike. It balances between the two water bottle bolt heads or whatever they are on the cross tube front of the seat. Rotate the tire backwards with one hand and drop lube on chain with the other. When pedal gets in the way rotate 180 degrees and keep going.

@Sierratim & @TS25, many many thanks again!
I'm happy with your happiness.

Sorry for reacting late but most of the the time I'm "miles out of reach" presently.
And I'm happy too, beachsailing of the finest and together

beachsailing Römö.jpg
:

The area is a few square miles wide, and sunny and windy conditions. What else? 😁

Ohh, and sometimes I let my wife catch up and overtake so the happiness remains ;)

Had a rear wheel blow out at mile 14 of a 22 mile ride today. I suspectvthe bead of the Trigger tire let loose; the tube was split may be 16 inches near a seam. Glad it wasn't the front tire!

View attachment 56139

Pulled over, walked to a bit of shade next to a fence and got to it. 17 minutes, a new tube, 1-1/2 CO2 cartridges, and a Grease Monkey Wipe and i was off again. Didn't need the tire levers as the blow out took one tire bead entirely off the rim. No rim damage, I think I came to a stop on the tube between the rim and the road. Glad I had the full flat repair kit though.

Enough excitement for the. It must be beer-30 some where...😎
I guess I should get in practice of changing flats, my lazy side was going to rely on the cell phone call to my better half for a pickup. Then change flat at home with a beer in hand.

And I'm happy too, beachsailing of the finest and together
"What motor does it have?" :-D

Just for fun: Questions of e-bike newbies to my brother:
Q: What is the real battery range? I and my wife can only ride for 70 km with our e-bikes on a single battery...
A: Oh, it could well be 150 kilometres, if you're really pedalling.... :D

Q: Where is the throttle in this e-bike?
A: It's called "crankarms" here...
;)

Last edited:
Man, I've gotta try that sometime. I've sailed cats on water, never on ice or dry land. Looks like a blast!

I've sailed various Hobie Cats and Topcats on the water.

Specialized would say to this: it's you, only much faster.:)

These are MiniYachts, the smallest class. Quite frequently they lift up a wheel, and you can capsize too. Everything is faster than with water sailing so your reaction needs to be fast too.

We can park the car on the beach, rigg it up and head straight for the waterline which is a run of app. 1,8 miles.
Top speed is around 60 km/h with normal wind and around 80 km/h with 7 bft wind (then including a free sand peeling of your face unless you wear a fullface helmet). And no brakes, no motor.

I'ts a blast.

Specialized again... My brother noticed my Vado had custom cables. Why doesn't the company equip their e-bikes with standard parts like, for example, Giant? To repair anything in a Vado is a nightmare.

In my first week of riding my new Vado the only complaint I have is that the front light will not stay straight - it always ends up veering to either the right or the left. Anyone else have this problem? Do I just need to take the front wheel off and tighten the nut that attaches it to the fender?

EDIT: the answer to this was "yes" - removing the wheel & tightening the light seems to have done the trick

Last edited:
What year and model Vado do you have? The front light on my 2020 Vado 4 is not attached to the fender but rather mounted on a bracket that is part of the handle bar mount.

What year and model Vado do you have? The front light on my 2020 Vado 4 is not attached to the fender but rather mounted on a bracket that is part of the handle bar mount.
Specialized stopped distributing the stem mounted version in the States about a year ago.

I remember seeing a photo of what I'm asking about here in some old thread, but have gone over lots of past posts and haven't been able to find it. What I'm looking for are photos from anyone who has installed a dropper post with an external cable on a Vado to get an idea of how you routed the cable up to the handlebar. I see a couple of possibilities but would like to see what others have done and how the finished installation looks, mainly in how the cable is routed and secured. Thanks.

I remember seeing a photo of what I'm asking about here in some old thread, but have gone over lots of past posts and haven't been able to find it. What I'm looking for are photos from anyone who has installed a dropper post with an external cable on a Vado to get an idea of how you routed the cable up to the handlebar. I see a couple of possibilities but would like to see what others have done and how the finished installation looks, mainly in how the cable is routed and secured. Thanks.
I cannot help you @rochrunner :( My other brother was unhappy with the PNW dropper seat-post and removed that from his MTB, so I cannot make pictures. I can only show you pictures how it was done on my Vado but that was quite amateurish.

Just got word from Specialized regarding axle spec on the Euro Como and Vado with fixed front fork. Vado is 12x100 with 1.0 pitch, Como is 15x100 with the same pitch. Sorry for the delays!

Just got word from Specialized regarding axle spec on the Euro Como and Vado with fixed front fork. Vado is 12x100 with 1.0 pitch, Como is 15x100 with the same pitch. Sorry for the delays!
The axle was replaced on last weekend, Brendon. The spec as you have described but from The Robert Axle Project, model LIG506.

Back