Specialized Turbo Vado/Como/Tero/Tero X User Club

Yes that's an entry level bike which doesn't mean that's a crap. The 400 Wh battery is what you have paid for. Giant EnergyPak batteries are compatible and your friend could negotiate the upgrade to the 500 Wh battery. The real problem with Giant bikes is one model looks beautifully while another seems ugly and cheap because of the way it was painted. Your friend has to see the bike in person.
He has looked here it is

Attachments

• 61A18C24-5C32-4DF9-B1AB-182B72E5EAEF.jpeg
    61A18C24-5C32-4DF9-B1AB-182B72E5EAEF.jpeg
    560.7 KB · Views: 374
I like my E+1
What is exactly your model? Giant are very confusing with so many models, model year, and regional availability. If I had no e-bike yet, the E+ 1 Pro GTS is one I might have bought myself but it is closer to US$4000.

Regarding to @Nxkharra friend, there's nothing wrong with the E+ 3 for the budget.

What is exactly your model? Giant are very confusing with so many models, model year, and regional availability. If I had no e-bike yet, the E+ 1 Pro GTS is one I might have bought myself but it is closer to US$4000.

Regarding to @Nxkharra friend, there's nothing wrong with the E+ 3 for the budget.

This is my model: https://www.giant-bicycles.com/au/explore-eplus-1-25km-h

I bought it for AU$4000, which is like USD$2600. $4k US sounds a bit steep, even if it does pack the gruntier Pro motor.

Mine comes with the Sport, the rest of the specs seem the same. I haven't found a hill the Sport motor has balked at yet, including a couple of insane near-20% gradients recently.

Last edited:
Your bike looks beautifully! I've looked to the specs and there is a good sus fork, good brakes etc. Now if you look to the Giant Bikes Poland, you'll notice the Explore "1" models are different and in the range of USD3800-4000. They must have that yet different in the U. S.

My Vado Is Back!

Finally. Got the bike upgraded to the TCD-W, which included the new headlight, high/low beam switch, separate horn button. Also serviced, with the new chain and the 11-46 cassette as in the original bike spec. Interestingly, the Euro-spec S-Pedelecs need to have all-day lights, and technically, my Vado is a moped. So I got the headlight specified for the 6.0, and it is the Supernova M99 Pro. 1600 lumens in high beam! Happy to get my bike in no worse shape than it was before, happy with the ugly but strong Supernova but I won't take the services of that LBS anymore.

Aha, Mission Control would not connect to the TCD-W on Android 10. Surprise!

My Vado Is Back!

Finally. Got the bike upgraded to the TCD-W, which included the new headlight, high/low beam switch, separate horn button. Also serviced, with the new chain and the 11-46 cassette as in the original bike spec. Interestingly, the Euro-spec S-Pedelecs need to have all-day lights, and technically, my Vado is a moped. So I got the headlight specified for the 6.0, and it is the Supernova M99 Pro. 1600 lumens in high beam! Happy to get my bike in no worse shape than it was before, happy with the ugly but strong Supernova but I won't take the services of that LBS anymore.

Progress.

My Vado Is Back!

Very nice headlight.

You probably need a new 'pairing code' number to connect to the new display. My wife did when they replaced her TCD under warranty. The LBS did this for her...sorry about your LBS. This might help; https://www.specialized.com/us/en/missioncontrol-faq .

Ride on.

Everything works OK!

I have reinstalled the Mission Control to the latest version. MC connected to my Vado instantly! The PIN is given on the bike display while connecting to the MC. At last!

Worse results with BLEvo achieved. I've got the version 3.7.0.

Last edited:
Everything works OK!

I have reinstalled the Mission Control to the latest version. MC connected to my Vado instantly! The PIN is given on the bike display while connecting to the MC. At last!

Worse results with BLEvo achieved. I've got the version 3.7.0.
Does the new display have new security feature built in?

Does the new display have new security feature built in?
Even if it had, I have no idea how to switch it on ;)
Surprise after surprise! The Racktime rack has been replaced with the new one (2 kg less rated capacity). The new registration plate support with the new Supernova rear light and a reflector has been installed. Oh my.

The new horn button took more handlebar space. My smartphone mount wouldn't fit. I need to replace my Ergon GP3 Large with the GP3 Small grips to make some extra space. Luckily, I've got the spare S set -- and the L set goes for Giant.

I also received a call from LBS. they have installed a new chain (2,000 mile so I think normal).
He told me my chain ring is worn and makes noise. I said OK to order one. It takes couple of weeks to get one these days. Not sure if this normal. He said it is.
I will be picking up the bike and ride it until the new chain ring arrives. I will then take it back to install it.
I asked if OK to ride with a worn chain ring. He said yes if I keep the cadence up (?).
I had asked them to update the firmware. They have done so.
I asked about the new safety feature. He did not know anything about it. Said there was no update available for my display so may be this feature is not available for older bikes yet!

Surprise after surprise! The Racktime rack has been replaced with the new one (2 kg less rated capacity). The new registration plate support with the new Supernova rear light and a reflector has been installed. Oh my.

The new horn button took more handlebar space. My smartphone mount wouldn't fit. I need to replace my Ergon GP3 Large with the GP3 Small grips to make some extra space. Luckily, I've got the spare S set -- and the L set goes for Giant.
Please send pics.

Did you ask for all these and authorized them to replace? Did you have to pay for them?
Why a display replacement needs new rack?

Did you ask for all these and authorized them to replace? Did you have to pay for them?
Why a display replacement needs new rack?
All these parts were included in the "BLOKS to TCD-W conversion set for 45 km/h Euro Vados". The conversion was done under warranty because the BLOKS has never worked as promised. No fee for parts or labour. The conversion effectively turned my Vado into the 2020 Vado 6.0 (with small differences). Now, the 2020 Vado User Manual fits the bike.

The lights and the registration plate support are vital to the Euro Class L1e-B moped. New design of the lighting removes the rear light, the red reflector and the plate support from the rack onto the fender. The old rack would look badly after all these changes, so Specialized replace the rack as well

Another matter was the drive-train service, which I authorised. Turned out to cost in the order I expected (the manager had given far higher price of parts).

Last edited:
All these parts were included in the "BLOKS to TCD-W conversion set for 45 km/h Euro Vados". The conversion was done under warranty because the BLOKS has never worked as promised. No fee for parts or labour. The conversion effectively turned my Vado into the 2020 Vado 6.0 (with small differences). Now, the 2020 Vado User Manual fits the bike.

Another matter was the drive-train service, which I authorised. Turned out to cost in the order I expected (the manager had given far higher price of parts).
That is not a bad deal. Like getting a new bike free.

That is not a bad deal. Like getting a new bike free.
Yes, it is. Add to that that the 2017 parts were the same or better as they are in the 2020 Vado 6.0 ;) The only exception is the rigid fork in my MY17 but even that gives some benefits to the fast ride stability on the road.

Major similarities and differences:
MY17 Vado 5.0 (EU)MY20 Vado 6.0 (EU)BLOKS --> TCD-WDifferent?
EU ClassL1e-BL1e-B
MotorSpec 1.2s (Brose TF)Spec 1.2s (Brose TF)
Battery600 Wh600 Wh
ForkRigidSR Suntour NCX E25Yes
Brakes (front/rear)TRP Zurich, 4 piston
180 mm
TRP Zurich, 4 piston
180 mm
Chainring48T48T
DerailleurShimano XT, Shadow Plus,
GS cage, 11-speed
Shimano XT, Shadow Plus,
GS cage, 11-speed
ShiftersShimano SLXShimano SLX
Cassette11-46T11-42tYes
TyresElectrak Armadillo 2.0Electrak Armadillo 2.0
RackRacktime, 22 kgRacktime 20 kgRacktime 20 kgYes
HeadlightSpec 600 lmSupernova M99 Pro 1600 lm high/low beamSupernova M99 Pro 1600 lm high/low beamYes
TaillightSpec 8-LED integrated with rack and registration plate, LED for registration plate, brake lightSupernova M99 , brake, license plate LEDsSupernova M99 , brake, license plate LEDsYes
RemoteHorn button integratedHigh/low beam switch, separate remote for hornHigh/low beam switch, separate remote for hornYes

Back