Specialized Turbo Vado/Como/Tero/Tero X User Club

I intend to ride, among others, with my brother, a traditional MTB FS rider. Part of his routes involve easy off-road. My Vado has been setup by me to be a road beast. Hence my e-MTB purchase because I hate even entering the forest or sand with one of my current bikes.

Excellent!
Looking forward to a pic of the new member of your growing herd.

Last edited:
USAA covers the bike as part of homeowners policy. Main concerns are theft & possible vandalism from this rider.
As a USAA policy holder across home & auto, they are a very good company to work with on loss. Just my 2 cents.
Really? I spoke to USAA in Sept last year and they wouldn't touch my Class 1 Yamaha. They told me it had to have a 15mph max speed as that is what they require for golf carts. They said it wouldn't be covered under either my homeowners policy or my umbrella policy. Perhaps they have changed as Ebikes have become more common.

@sparked, I overlooked the fact you needed a lower step frame. The major problems are:
  • Your budget is limited
  • Australia doesn't get too many e-bikes to choose from
  • It is the end of sales season and the bike availability is low in general
  • Most of 700C (28/29" tyre) e-bikes are rather tall unless it is a step-through or even better low-step frame. 27.5" bikes are typically better for short people.
I was trying to shop for you a little on the Ozzie websites and feel helpless. The bikes are either too expensive or too tall or unavailable.

@PDoz, could you help our friend in Australia? He needs a nice e-bike with the budget of AUD3000 max, and his own standover height is 750 mm.

My next purchase will be either Turbo Levo or Turbo Levo SL.
Provided these have not sold out yet :D Wait for the 2021 models!

Oh, wait. Actually, a good Specialized dealer has offered the Turbo Levo SL and gave a solid discount to me. The price was some US$5700. Yet I am a sort of person who needs the 4x assistance. So I settled for the Trance for US$4300, and the Trance offers 3.6x support. I would gladly spend even US$6550 on the Turbo Levo Comp, were they available. Sorry to say but while my specific Vado is my lover (as to say it), Specialized and their dealer disappointed me one time too many. My Vado is stuck in their workshop, ruining my short vacation, and the store manager has even not answered my complaint. A person who cares would have asked "When is it critical for you to get your bike back?" I would say one day earlier would do.

I will recommend the Vado to anyone. I won't recommend Specialized. Arrogant bastards! They cheated me on the MY of my Vado. I've been waiting for 7 months for the display upgrade and still don't have it. Any order takes weeks to complete. They even cheated me by saying I have to do warranty services in their shop (not true, any Specialized shop can do it). Their mechanic forgot to inflate the tyres on the delivery! Their distributor warehouse is in the Netherlands. Giant has their warehouse near to Warsaw.

Goodbye, Specialized! Hello, Giant!

Last edited:
So I settled for the Trance for US$4300, and the Trance offers 3.6x support. I would gladly spend even US$6550 on the Turbo Levo Comp, were they available.

Goodbye, Specialized! Hello, Giant!

Hah!

Bikebox-shop still has the Turbo Levo Comp available for 6.190€, and they would even send it to PL.

So you better return your Trance right away. :D:cool: No excuses.

Hah!

Bikebox-shop still has the Turbo Levo Comp available for 6.190€, and they would even send it to PL.

So you better return your Trance right away. :D:cool: No excuses.
Indeed, they have it ;) In case I cannot get the Trance (everything may happen), I will try there. The price they offer is 5889 for the desert colour, size M.

But you know what TS25? (By the way, what is your name? Thomas?) They may actually not have it (Bikebox-shop.de) and if they have, the delivery time is 7-15 Tage. "Sofort lieferbar"! Haha! "He gives twice who gives quickly". I started liking the idea of having the Trance. Besides, the Levo is taller than the Trance is, another point for the Trance :)

Thank you for your help anyway!

Indeed, they have it ;) In case I cannot get the Trance (everything may happen), I will try there. The price they offer is 5889 for the desert colour, size M.

But you know what TS25? (By the way, what is your name? Thomas?) They may actually not have it (Bikebox-shop.de) and if they have, the delivery time is 7-15 Tage. "Sofort lieferbar"! Haha! "He gives twice who gives quickly". I started liking the idea of having the Trance. Besides, the Levo is taller than the Trance is, another point for the Trance :)
Thank you for your help anyway!

I was looking for Size L assuming that's your size. Size M is cheaper as you have looked it up.

Biker-boarder offers the Turbo Levo Comp 2020 taupe size M for app. 5.900 € as well, "lagernd und sofort versandfertig, Versandzeit 2-4 Tage"

There were no special discounts from Specialized in Germany during lockdown time so there are bikes available still. Delivery time is delayed so shops are careful and annouce prolonged delivery estimations.

"TS25" is just plain phantasy.

Pity I didn't know earlier...
Biker-boarder offer Turbo Levo Comp Carbon 2019 for 5300!

TS, I'm broken mentally. If I had that news on last Monday, I would have ordered from Germany. Oh, my. Carbon for chicken money.

Yet I don't despair. I have found Giant to be less expensive and more reliable company. I like the looks and the specs of the Trance (it has equivalent components), I'm quite excited about the Yamaha PW-X2 motor and the 6 sensors. And, as I say, it will be easier to get on and off the Trance.

No reason to cry over spilt milk :) If I get the Giant tomorrow, I can make the Saturday trip in Krakau ;)

The update on my Vado. Got a phone call from the workshop on last Friday. The bike had been successfully upgraded to the TCD-W and the guy wanted to know if I agreed to replace the chain and the cassette (as those had worn out he said). Well, some 1000 miles on the odometer, can't remember exactly. I said yes and he replied he had to get the work order from his manager. I knew I wouldn't get the Vado soon so I wrote to the manager and told him I would like to pick up the Vado on the coming Tuesday.

They replaced old parts with the upgrade pack in 100% meaning I lost the 600 lm headlight. What a mess. More and more disillusioned with Specialized. The video of the upgrade procedure clearly showed you re-use the old lamp.

Cannot wait to recover my Grizzle!

Back