Specialized Turbo Vado/Como/Tero/Tero X User Club

Hi everyone, so I'm taking my 20' Vado 4 into my LBS to get the firmware updated. I have done that since I got the bike back in May of last year. But I was also going to have them replace the front chain ring from a 40t to 48t. I think too I'll have the chain replaced while they're at. The bike is only at 1000 miles. But is there anything else I should have them look at or do?
I have had some electronic gremlins where the motor lost power during a ride and I had to turn it off and on to get it back, so I will bring that up. Other than that the bike has been a blast to ride and has definitely help during covid with getting outside for some fresh air!
Thanks

But I was also going to have them replace the front chain ring from a 40t to 48t. I think too I'll have the chain replaced while they're at.
Do they have the replacement chainring and possibly the chainguard?

Hi everyone, so I'm taking my 20' Vado 4 into my LBS to get the firmware updated. I have done that since I got the bike back in May of last year. But I was also going to have them replace the front chain ring from a 40t to 48t. I think too I'll have the chain replaced while they're at. The bike is only at 1000 miles. But is there anything else I should have them look at or do?
I have had some electronic gremlins where the motor lost power during a ride and I had to turn it off and on to get it back, so I will bring that up. Other than that the bike has been a blast to ride and has definitely help during covid with getting outside for some fresh air!
Thanks
I'd suggest;

Clean the power terminals on the battery and the frame; helps with 'gremlins'.

Check the brake pads; my first set was done at 500 miles on steep terrain.

Last edited:
If Anyone Considered What The Maximum Vado Tyre Size Was...

...it is 28x2.0" (50-622 or 51-622). I was very afraid Schwalbe Marathon Winter Plus studded tyres wouldn't fit my Vado. Oh, these fit perfectly. Even leave more clearance to the fender than Electrak 2.0 Armadillo :)

1610609216468.png

I had the first ride on snow and ice this morning. The tyre pressure was 3 bar (58 psi), and that was 60% of the maximum allowance for these tyres. While my Electraks produced a zig-zag on the first ride attempt, Marathons Winter held perfectly, was it deep snow or icy asphalt. The ambient temperature was "-0.1 C" or "black-ice conditions". I'm so happy with the purchase, even if the price of studded tyres is twice of the regular ones. Low inflation pressure (which is still by half bar higher than the minimum) ensured very smooth ride. Funny thing: These tyres are not noisy at all!

Note: Vado 6.0 (with suspension fork) accepts the same tyre size, so it would be good for any "full" Vado.

Last edited:
We'll see after my Saturday's long ride during the frost, on snow and ice :)
How often have you wiped out with studs? I assume there's some risk. What do the studs do to areas where the pavement is bar. Do they dig it up at all ?

Ta-dah!

My friend Anita has just bought Turbo Como 5.0 at Specialized Warsaw :) A brand new e-bike, never ridden before! US$5050 discounted price after tax.

1610867245539.png

The EU version with 700C wheels and suspension fork. I'm so happy! When the Spring comes, we would be riding together!

I tried a Vado SL 4.0 EQ inside. A marvel e-bike! WANT!!!

Ta-dah!

My friend Anita has just bought Turbo Como 5.0 at Specialized Warsaw :) A brand new e-bike, never ridden before! US$5050 discounted price after tax.

View attachment 76921
The EU version with 700C wheels and suspension fork. I'm so happy! When the Spring comes, we would be riding together!

I tried a Vado SL 4.0 EQ inside. A marvel e-bike! WANT!!!
Holy cow $5500 US??? Wow They were $4300 here . Or is this different somehow ?

Nice looking bike. Only thing I don't like about my step thru is when you are standing up and usually with a cross bar you can hold the bike between the legs, without the cross bar it wants to fall over. But that only happens a few times:). It's a great bike!

For The Thread Not To Die...

1611843885273.png

Bored. I found a pack of tube patches at a windowsill and repaired a Michelin Protek Max inner tube, which I recently punctured on careless tyre swapping :)

Holy cow $5500 US??? Wow They were $4300 here . Or is this different somehow ?
5050 not 5500. VAT being one thing but the other is a significant price increase on Specialized e-bikes in Europe. Besides, EU Vado 5.0 has higher specs than the U.S. version.

5050 not 5500. VAT being one thing but the other is a significant price increase on Specialized e-bikes in Europe. Besides, EU Vado 5.0 has higher specs than the U.S. version.
Higher specs ? It is limited to 15 MPH or 20 ? Do you mean components ? What specs are higher ? I always thought they were the same bike minus front Shock differences . What is different ? Beside you have no suspension fork right? 5050 Vat is even worse . That's $6100 USD . I'd look myself but Specialized site is offline now .
Besides shouldn't European's be paying More then Americans . Since you make more then us already ;) JK Must be tariff related

@BarryS: my past decision to Ignore you was right. You seem to not be able to understand the written word. I wrote "US$5050 including tax". Since Polish tax (VAT) is 23%, the net discounted price of that e-bike is US$3888. The RRP (before tax) is US$4320. The U.S. RRP is US$4350. Which part don't you understand?
Differences:
  • 29" wheels in the EU version, 27.5" in the U.S. version
  • 50 mm of travel suspension fork in the EU version, rigid fork in the U.S. version
  • 2" tyres in the EU version, 2.3" tires in the U.S. version.
And the Recommended Retail Price of both e-bikes is the same.

The EU assistance speed limit for regular e-bikes is 25 km/h (15.5 mph).

Back