Specialized teases details of Globe Bikes sub-brand Cargo eBike

man they remade a Rad or any other generic bike :D
Honestly, I hate that thing, and the Specialized logo on it shall put the brand in shame :D
If this is Globe, it should wear the Globe logo. Otherwise a buyer of a $10,000 Specialized bike could start wondering :D They use S-Works brand for the most expensive bikes, Specialized for the quite expensive ones; why not just use the Globe sub-brand logo?

Last edited:
I am curious to see how this plays out. Typically, the people that buy these types of bikes in the US don't go to an LBS to buy their bikes. They pick them up online and at boat/RV shows. The people I know that ride these bikes would care less that it's a Specialized and definitely wouldn't pay a premium for it.

I am curious to see how this plays out. Typically, the people that buy these types of bikes in the US don't go to an LBS to buy their bikes. They pick them up online and at boat/RV shows. The people I know that ride these bikes would care less that it's a Specialized and definitely wouldn't pay a premium for it.

Being able to utilize nationwide LBS for repairs and service is a huge advantage. You can't do that with a Super73 or similar online only bike brand.

So now they are stealing design ideas from Online Chinese Manufacturers! My oh my how the mighty have fallen!
I find it hysterical that some insist somehow Taiwan factories are not at all like Chinese factories. Average worker wages are nearly the same. Both can produce quality goods and both produce garbage. And obviously these fad bikes make money. And
I think Trek will buy Rad Power .
it worked to settle the Electra suit.

Being able to utilize nationwide LBS for repairs and service is a huge advantage. You can't do that with a Super73 or similar online only bike brand.
I agree with you 100%, but I can't count how many times I've seen people buy a bike at a department store for $300. Then take it to the LBS next door (they never went in because "everything was overpriced") to put it together. a lot of the name brand entry level bikes you can buy for not much more than a department store bike, yet they are not very popular.

"Were the Globe Haul ST being produced by one of the D2C e-bike brands, our gut suggests that this bike would probably retail in the $2500-$3000 price range.
Given Specialized’s buying power and how aggressively competitive they are in the market, we are willing to bet that this full-featured cargo bike will retail for closer to $2000." from Electric Bike Report

I feel bad for any Spec dealer that "has" to work on that piece of crap. Good thing Spec is moving more towards consumer direct, I'm sure dealers are going to be stoked when they're filing warranty claims and dealing with issues from a bike they're forced to work on.

Back