Specialized teases details of Globe Bikes sub-brand Cargo eBike

"The Globe Haul ST isn’t just excellent in its class; it is an exceptional bike, full stop."
Bicycling magazine's Bike of the Year 2023
https://www.bicycling.com/bikes-gear/a43337340/bike-awards-2023/
specialized-globe-haul-st-4-642c7fcb4b776.jpg

1680274405-1679577242-specialized-globe-haul-st-641c50755cf74.jpg

Globe App​

The Globe App displays real-time metrics such as speed, battery percentage, estimated range, and trip distance. It also allows riders to update firmware over the air (OTA) and activate the system to work with the Globe aftermarket throttle. Other notable features include an error log and a lock feature to deter theft.
https://support.specialized.com/globe/globe-app

Ok, I'm back. Found it to be pleasantly powerful for the hub drive. 5 power settings, 1 negligible, 2 had enough to move around in city traffic. Above that be careful you don't run into anything. The frame and rack appeared well made. There was no throttle available to use. For beginner bikers, the hub drive should save the chain/sprockets. For the price, $3k, I'd say it's a winner compared to what other Spec bikes cost. I'd probably buy one except I'm out the ying yang with bikes and just bought a motorcycle. May still buy one:)

I did notice and should mention, it doesn't appear Spec has their algorithms set up very well for a smooth power band. Kind of an off/on or up/down speed thing, not smooth like my mid drive Vado and Como. But I'm sure they're working on it. Or maybe it's my pedaling, but it doesn't happen on the Vado or Como.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm back. Found it to be pleasantly powerful for the hub drive. 5 power settings, 1 negligible, 2 had enough to move around in city traffic. Above that be careful you don't run into anything. The frame and rack appeared well made. There was no throttle available to use. For beginner bikers, the hub drive should save the chain/sprockets. For the price, $3k, I'd say it's a winner compared to what other Spec bikes cost. I'd probably buy one except I'm out the ying yang with bikes and just bought a motorcycle. May still buy one:)

I did notice and should mention, it doesn't appear Spec has their algorithms set up very well for a smooth power band. Kind of an off/on or up/down speed thing, not smooth like my mid drive Vado and Como. But I'm sure they're working on it. Or maybe it's my pedaling, but it doesn't happen on the Vado or Como.

I'd rather spend a few hundred more on a Tern HSD...

Well s*it man! I thought I found the holy grail. I'll have to take a look at the Tern for comparison. I've been trying unsuccessfully to talk my brother or sister in to an electric. Can't give them bad info. Thanks Brendon.
LOL you shoulda asked!

But yeah, have a gander at Tern in general, LOVE their stuff and it shows as we've got 3 GSD's and 1 HSD all employee bikes parked out front. And now those badasses at Tern made 2 new accessories that naturally I can't live with out!

Attachments

• IMG-20230505-WA0000.jpeg
    IMG-20230505-WA0000.jpeg
    704.1 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG-20230505-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20230505-WA0002.jpeg
    338.9 KB · Views: 117
Back