Specialized Mission Control App Details & Settings

As I work with software, I have noticed users typically are negative to the new looks of a program or an application. After short time of using the new version, they cannot even work with the old old one, so fast they forget the previous incarnation... :)
I may not have that much time left! :eek:

Just got a Turbo Creo and so far its great. Mission Control, however, can't seem to find the internet. I can't view maps or open any of the help topics. I know my phone is connected, because other apps work just fine. I have a Droid Turbo running Android 6.1. Any ideas as to what is going on? Bluetooth link to the bike is fine, and the tuning functions seem to work.
Replying to my own post to update. Mysteriously, after deleting Mission Control and reinstalling, I was able to update the display software on the bike. But I still get "No Internet" if I try for any of the help functions. Also, I am unable to update my new TCD. The update procedure works up to the point where the TCD shows a PIN for Bluetooth connection. At this point, the Specialized video on youtube indicates that Mission Control will pop up a keypad screen to input the PIN. Mine does nothing, so the TCD eventually times out and says "fail". (Yes, I have Bluetooth active on my phone.)

One step forward and one step back, I guess. Suggestions welcome.

Perhaps it is your phone Bob? Just guessing.
It is possible MC didn't get all necessary permissions from your phone OS.

Perhaps it is your phone Bob? Just guessing.
It is possible MC didn't get all necessary permissions from your phone OS.
Yes, I'm wondering about that. As I mentioned, I have a Droid Turbo running Android 6.1. Permission options for the MC app are Camera (off), Location (on), and Storage (off). Internet access is not listed among the options so I guess it's permitted by default (or should be). It's weird that MC would complain of No Internet, because the software update that it delivered to the mastermind display must have come from ... the internet.

Thanks for the input. At this point guesses are worth thinking about.

Ha! Yes, I have an old phone. Last software update issued for it was several years ago, and I've never attempted a DIY.

If there's an issue with Android version I wish that Spec would state system requirements for MC. At least then I would know what to blame.

Hold the presses! Google Play Store says MC requires Android version 5 or later. I have 6.01.

Now that I've done my research, it seems like I should be OK. Mystery not solved.

Hi, any of you guys having issue with the new Mission Control app?

1659406682352.png

Since the update, mine shows my recorded rides with a small map against each, but when I click on a ride the map will not show, it just says "Trying to get location". Anyone else have this problem? When uploaded to Stava or Komoot, the maps are there!

Since the update, mine shows my recorded rides with a small map against each, but when I click on a ride the map will not show, it just says "Trying to get location". Anyone else have this problem? When uploaded to Stava or Komoot, the maps are there!
I get the same "trying to get location" message just after I complete a ride. As you say, it's good in Strava or Komoot and also appears in the Specialized "Ride" app in the activity feed. After a while (not sure how long) the ride appears in the Mission Control App.

I get the same "trying to get location" message just after I complete a ride. As you say, it's good in Strava or Komoot and also appears in the Specialized "Ride" app in the activity feed. After a while (not sure how long) the ride appears in the Mission Control App.
Thanks for that, have downloaded the Ride app, so will see, on next ride, if that helps! Was up in your neck of the woods last month, cycled form Newcastle to Edinburgh. Didn't use the Vado SL, did it on an leg powered hybrid, 214 miles!

I had these problems mentioned above. I just ignored them and after a couple weeks everything works now. However I can’t locate the tcd brightness settings in the app or the display. My screen isn’t as bright as it was before the update.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I had these problems mentioned above. I just ignored them and after a couple weeks everything works now. However I can’t locate the tcd brightness settings in the app or the display. My screen isn’t as bright as it was before the update.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Not me. It's under Tune => Customize Display for me.

For me the Aug 3 update to MC was a small step in the right direction. Now I can view my rides, sort of. Previously if I selected a recorded ride, I got the "trying to get location" message. Now I get a tracing of the route but with no map details ... just a white background. Map thumbnails appear correct, so it seems like the app has some awareness of location and maps.

Other stuff:
I still get a "no internet connection" message if I try to open a help topic, although (as before) the legal topics open correctly.
TCD update fails because MC does not open a dialog for inputting the PIN shown on the display.

I'll keep riding my bike and hoping for the next update. Starting to wonder if buying Blevo would be a good idea.

For me the Aug 3 update to MC was a small step in the right direction. Now I can view my rides, sort of. Previously if I selected a recorded ride, I got the "trying to get location" message. Now I get a tracing of the route but with no map details ... just a white background. Map thumbnails appear correct, so it seems like the app has some awareness of location and maps.

Other stuff:
I still get a "no internet connection" message if I try to open a help topic, although (as before) the legal topics open correctly.
TCD update fails because MC does not open a dialog for inputting the PIN shown on the display.

I'll keep riding my bike and hoping for the next update. Starting to wonder if buying Blevo would be a good idea.
MC seems to take longer to save the ride than before the update. I also get "trying to get location" merely trying to view rides. The phone knows exactly where I am!

Back