Specialized creo evo expert - rear rack?

Yes, the Creo Expert will take a rack as well as fenders. All the carbon frames are the same from the Comp to the Founders Edition. There are threaded holes at the bottom of the rear triangle for a rack but you have to replace the seat post clamp with one from the Diverge that has the threaded holes for the upper rack mount.

The Specialized "Rider/Bike Weight Limits" bike manual supplement doesn't list the Creo, so may be zero cargo and zero rider weights are covered by warranty?...🤣

Attachments

• 0000093943.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,017
I have noticed what looks like an electrical line near the rear dropout on the non-drive side of the chain stays. Does anyone know if this is wired for power to a rear light?
6434D4D2-1031-4770-8A51-35CDE74169AD.jpeg

Nice. I have used racks on almost all my bikes since I ride a smaller frame, and learning that the Creo had eyelets was one of the reasons behind my purchase. I want to get the seatpost clamp with eyelets, but in the meantime, I am strapping bags to the handlebars to make do.

I have an Arkel saddle bag on my Giant Defy road bike. It's amazing how much stuff it will hold. It also folds in to about half the length of the photo shown if I'm not packing much.

I have an Arkel saddle bag on my Giant Defy road bike. It's amazing how much stuff it will hold. It also folds in to about half the length of the photo shown if I'm not packing much.
I worry about the added torque on a carbon seat post with racks that attach to the post and extend out. I would think that those that attach right above the post clamp add less torque than those that attach up high, either on the post just below the seat or on the seat rails themselves. When you sit on the seat the majority of your force is downward with little rearward torque. These racks are all torque and no downward force.

I worry about the added torque on a carbon seat post with racks that attach to the post and extend out. I would think that those that attach right above the post clamp add less torque than those that attach up high, either on the post just below the seat or on the seat rails themselves. When you sit on the seat the majority of your force is downward with little rearward torque. These racks are all torque and no downward force.

Well sorta. I understand your concern, especially with carbon. High $$ failure is nothing we want. That’s why I would rather bolt a rack into fittings made to take the weight, than clamp around carbon seatstays and seatpost.
This style bag looks fine. Most of the weight will be on the seat rails. For me it may hit the rear tire. Small frame, big tires😃

The rack's main support attaches to the seat rails, not the seat post. The strap that attaches to the seat post is just for stability.
My seat post is carbon and I've had zero problems.
Besides, the carbon seat posts must be pretty darn strong, since it can support the bike on a bike work stand.

Anyone know if the Specialized Creo can support a rear rack?
On page 9 of the Specialized bicycle manual it states that "all bikes with built in rear mounts" can support up to 55 lbs. of weight. This includes their carbon bikes.
Another person in this thread claims to have contacted Specialized directly with this question and was answered with the 5 lb. weight limit. In investigating the possible source for this error it should be noted that the 5 lb. weight limit is for a seat saddle bag, as stated in the same manual.

On page 9 of the Specialized bicycle manual it states that "all bikes with built in rear mounts" can support up to 55 lbs. of weight. This includes their carbon bikes.
Another person in this thread claims to have contacted Specialized directly with this question and was answered with the 5 lb. weight limit. In investigating the possible source for this error it should be noted that the 5 lb. weight limit is for a seat saddle bag, as stated in the same manual.
I have the Aluminum Creo and have an Axiom rack. The reason I went with this one was that some of the other racks would have interfered with the through-axle mechanism - meaning the rack would need to be removed to deal with a flat tire. I guess changing out the Specialized "faux quick release" handle through axle would work.

Axiom Rack Attachment.jpg
Axiom Rack3.jpg

Creo in Sun backyard4.jpg

Back