Specialized Como 3.0 or Gazelle

KeithE

I've already made a post about my choices.
After many test rides I have narrowed it down to 2 companies and 3 models.
I would greatly appreciate comments on the
Specialized Como 3.0 2019 model. That one has the 28mph motor. There is a dealer that has one.
The other option would be the 4.0. I'm concerned about not having front suspension forks.
The other company is Gazelle.
Looking at the Medeo T9. That one goes 20mph.
And the Arroyo. That one goes 20mph. I like it because of the comfortable upright riding position.
Any comments on these or any other suggestions would be very helpful.

I have a 3.0 that I find very comfortable to ride. I find the big tires really help with shock absorption. I keep them filled to about 45 psi.

My wife and I have a 2019 Como 2.0, 2021 4.0 and 2021 5.0. No suspension forks but we put Kinekt seatposts on them and find the ride comfortable on paved and crushed stone trails. If I did more riding on rough trails or around town I'd look closer at something with a suspension fork. The Como's have all been great bikes, super quiet powerful motors and reliable after 2000+ miles. We prefer the class 3 Como's versus the class 1 Como 2 because it's nice to occaisionally have an extra boost in speed and more importantly they have lager capacity batteries.

Hey Keith, I would also take a look at the Gazelle t9 or the Gazelle t10, both are comparable to the Como 3.0 price tag. I really like the Bosch motors on Gazelle bikes. There is also (for a bit more) the Gazelle t10+ Ultimately I really like both brands. I've had Specialized regular bikes in the past even though for the last decade or so I have been a dedicated Trek Madone rider, but for e-bikes I really like the Gazelle. Interested to see what you choose! Have fun!

I seem to like the Brose motor slightly more than the Bosch. And I'm liking the higher speed bikes.
The Gazelle Arroyo has the most upright riding position. The Gazelle dealer was going to give me an adjustable stem for the Medo 9. But I would have to pay for installation. The Medo 9 has the best price. Would be good if the Bosch motor could be tweaked for a little more speed.
I'll post when I've bought one.

Keith,
Before you make any decision, check if the 2019 Como is equipped with TCD-W display. If not, ask the Specialized dealer if the BLOKS to TCD-W replacement programme is affecting that very e-bike. If not, take the Gazelle.

The BLOKS display is a disgrace and Specialized have offered to swap it for the excellent TCD-W. YMMV.

Thank you for your helpful comments. I have a few post in different places here. I'm still posting about the same bikes May 2021.
I have made a mistake do to my memory.
There is a Specialized 3.0 step over vado that I liked. He only had that one. Small shop. It was a medium. The top bar was into my crotch.
The next day I called the other local dealer a bigger shop to find a different size. I was mistaken in thinking the fist one was a large. The second guy said he had a medium he was build for me. Both bikes have the newer display.
At the 2nd guys shop I tried a medium step over Como 4.0. Same problem. Top tube too high.
He had a large low entry. The sizes on the bikes are hard to follow. I guess I could get used to the bumpy ride with out the suspension.
The price is difficult for me to accept. I know how much the battery and motor cost.
I did re test the Gazelle models. There is a different feel between the Bosch and Brose.

The Low Entry Como was the most comfortable e-bike I ever rode.
No comment on the price.

I have a 3.0 that I find very comfortable to ride. I find the big tires really help with shock absorption. I keep them filled to about 45 psi.
Thanks for the response. I made a mistake. The Como 3.0 is 20mph assist and the Vado 3.0 is 28mph assist.

I've already made a post about my choices.
After many test rides I have narrowed it down to 2 companies and 3 models.
I would greatly appreciate comments on the
Specialized Como 3.0 2019 model. That one has the 28mph motor. There is a dealer that has one.
The other option would be the 4.0. I'm concerned about not having front suspension forks.
The other company is Gazelle.
Looking at the Medeo T9. That one goes 20mph.
And the Arroyo. That one goes 20mph. I like it because of the comfortable upright riding position.
Any comments on these or any other suggestions would be very helpful.
What did you finally decided

Back