Specialized brand clothing and gears

Nxkharra

I found that most of my bike kits, clothing, accessories, and gears are Specialized.
I do own POC helmet and goggles.
I used to wear a lot of pearl izumi stuff.
curious to see if you find the quality of Specialized clothing superior. I realize you can go really fancy on bike clothing and kits.

Loving my Specialized MIPS helmet!

I also have padded shorts, padded gloves and saddles that are Specialized brand that are working out well. Can't say I'm crazy about the Trigger Sport tires though.

I have an S-Works helmet that I bought (on sale, but still expensive). It's comfortable and I tell myself that it adds 3 or 4 kph to my speeds. :p

I also have padded shorts, padded gloves and saddles that are Specialized brand that are working out well. Can't say I'm crazy about the Trigger Sport tires though.
Which helmet did you get? With ANGI or not? If with - thoughts?

On contrary, I don't use Specialized clothes or helmet but the Electrak 2.0 tyres is something I will order when the stock ones wear. I cannot understand why people keep the Triggers in the first place...

I'm too thrifty (cheap) to toss stuff rhat works, even if it doesn't work the besterest...😔

My new Marathon GTs are hanging in the shop, just waiting for an excuse to install them.

On contrary, I don't use Specialized clothes or helmet but the Electrak 2.0 tyres is something I will order when the stock ones wear. I cannot understand why people keep the Triggers in the first place...
@Stefan Mikes I must say the Trigger ride was very smooth and stable. The reason that I switched to Marathon was I had a flat at 1,200 miles and am not fan of fixing flats by the side of the road.
I chose E+ mainly because of your’s and other member’s recommendation.
I am happy with this choice but I do miss the comfortable and smooth ride of Triggers. E+ does give me peace of mind but I might consider switching to a softer and lighter tire when these wear out (if ever). The Kinekt suspension seat post, Ergon saddle, and under inflation of tires really helps.

@Nxkharra: For Vado, the Electraks will stay. These are hard to puncture (hence the name Armadillo). I was considering replacement of Marathon E-Plus on my Lovelec e-bike for the reason I needed something thicker than 40 or 47 mm on that e-bike. I was thinking to remove fenders and put some 2.15" tyres on the Lovelec to be able to ride in light off-road terrain. After long consideration: Marathons will stay there.

1600100073490.png

Which helmet did you get? With ANGI or not? If with - thoughts?
I have the Specialized ALIGN helmet. No ANGI sensor. I need a helmet that will fit a fat head. The XL size goes to 64cm so it works!

I had considered adding the sensor, but the reviews are mixed and it sends alerts out through your phone running the Specialized Ride app. My favorite rides are often out of cell service range so it didn't seem that helpful to me.

I have the Specialized ALIGN helmet. No ANGI sensor. I need a helmet that will fit a fat head. The XL size goes to 64cm so it works!

I had considered adding the sensor, but the reviews are mixed and it sends alerts out through your phone running the Specialized Ride app. My favorite rides are often out of cell service range so it didn't seem that helpful to me.
Thanks

The method via the App is certainly not optimal but as I ride alone often, I need something to keep track of me when trail riding in the park near my home. Our cell coverage here is very good in most areas I ride and in the more dangerous areas (Rockies) I would most likely be riding with someone. As such, I'll likely pick up an Ambush Comp with ANGI, that is once I can find one in a colour I can stomach! It's not only bikes that are in short supply, but the correlation between bikes and helmets should be 1 to 1 (but it won't be of course).

Back