Specialized Black Friday sale through the weekend

Mr. Max

Don't know if you saw, but Specialized has a Black Friday sale going on through the weekend. 20% off a number of bikes and lots of other stuff. It's kind of a random selection. I just put an order in for a Comp Carbon Creo with my LBS today. $5599 down from $7000 US. As crazy as it is, I had decided to buy the Creo aluminum base model, $6000 US, two weeks ago, but hadn't paid for it yet. Now I'm going to get the full carbon model for less than the base model. Pretty cool!

I'll probably end up selling one of my other bikes, but I'll figure that out in the spring. Anyway, I just thought I'd pass on the info in case you're interested in a new bike or Specialized accessories.

Cheers!

Don't know if you saw, but Specialized has a Black Friday sale going on through the weekend. 20% off a number of bikes and lots of other stuff. It's kind of a random selection. I just put an order in for a Comp Carbon Creo with my LBS today. $5599 down from $7000 US. As crazy as it is, I had decided to buy the Creo aluminum base model, $6000 US, two weeks ago, but hadn't paid for it yet. Now I'm going to get the full carbon model for less than the base model. Pretty cool!

I'll probably end up selling one of my other bikes, but I'll figure that out in the spring. Anyway, I just thought I'd pass on the info in case you're interested in a new bike or Specialized accessories.

Cheers!
Congrats, that kind of good fortune has to feel good.

I rode to the Specialized Brand Store in Warsaw on Black Friday. There was a Kenevo for as little as US$4900 (equivalent). It was far cheaper than a new Turbo Tero 5.0 non-EQ! If I were in different position than I am, I would have bought that Kenevo!

We have a friend who has had a 2021 Creo SL Expert on order for almost three months. The shop keeps pushing the delivery date back. It will be interesting to see if they honor the 20% off when it arrives.

for the creo riders, the terra CLX boost wheelset is on sale for $2124.99! nice discount on perfect wheels for a mixed-surface-ridden creo. super light wheels, ideal for 32mm-38mm tires.

Only that little? :D
moments like these make me ask, "have i gotten $375 worth of joy out of these wheels since i bought them at full price?" 🧐

answer in this case is yes! the calculus might be different if someone bought an s-works creo in XL before the 20% discount on those popped up a while back. discount equivalent to an entire additional very nice bike!

moments like these make me ask, "have i gotten $375 worth of joy out of these wheels since i bought them at full price?" 🧐

answer in this case is yes! the calculus might be different if someone bought an s-works creo in XL before the 20% discount on those popped up a while back. discount equivalent to an entire additional very nice bike!
Road cycling can be a very addictive and expensive hobby :D

for the creo riders, the terra CLX boost wheelset is on sale for $2124.99! nice discount on perfect wheels for a mixed-surface-ridden creo. super light wheels, ideal for 32mm-38mm tires.
Ah, a bargain at half the price.

Meanwhile I forwarded your Creo 118 mile ride stats to a friend. I'm trying to convince her that all she needs is some assistance. But, of course, she is dead set against CARBON.

Oh, course, I keep looking at your model and its price cut. But..... I'd still need at least two range extenders and three days!

We have a friend who has had a 2021 Creo SL Expert on order for almost three months. The shop keeps pushing the delivery date back. It will be interesting to see if they honor the 20% off when it arrives.
My LBS said that when they ordered the Creo Comp Carbon on Black Friday, the Specialized Rep, said it will be here within two weeks. We'll see what actually happens?

My LBS said that when they ordered the Creo Comp Carbon on Black Friday, the Specialized Rep, said it will be here within two weeks. We'll see what actually happens?
That may be possible as the higher end bikes probably do not sell at anywhere near the volumes the lower end bikes sell at. Speaking only for myself, I purposely went cheap when I bought my Vado because it was my first e-bike. I wasn't sure what I was getting in to, so I intentionally went with one of the cheapest bikes I could find that still gave me a mid-drive motor, hydraulic disc brakes, lights and fenders, etc. I would bet it is just like food items where the hamburger will sell out before the prime rib. So, while it is tough to find a Como, a Tero or a Vado, it does not surprise me that the carbon Creos are readily available because relatively few people can afford them, even though lots of people would like to have one.

Back