Spare screws availability?

Kondekka

Region
Europe
So I decided late last night to go and do a small trip with my bike, shortly after taking off I noticed that when I pedal, the motor casing was making some rattling noise. I took out my flashlight and saw that someone had tried to unscrew or mess with the screws, one of the biggest screws that holds almost the entire side together was completely mangled by using a knife or an unfit screwdriver to try and open the motor up... I can't tighten them anymore since the screws are so worn and mangled. 😢
Luckily I have a strong bike lock, some jerk probably thought that they can just steal the motor instead..
This is the model that I have. I haven't been able to find any spare screw sets from any websites so far.

Thanks

You’ll likely need to sort on your own. McMaster and Fastenal are good sources. An inexpensive caliper can help you sort.

You’ll likely need to sort on your own. McMaster and Fastenal are good sources. An inexpensive caliper can help you sort.
You can take sample mangled screws with you to a place like Fastenal. They will fit them into a gauge and sell you the replacements. No guessing needed. They will also have a little kit that helps pull badly mangled screws using a drill.

You can take sample mangled screws with you to a place like Fastenal. They will fit them into a gauge and sell you the replacements. No guessing needed. They will also have a little kit that helps pull badly mangled screws using a drill.
Yup. I’m in MN and the home of Fastenal. An amazing place for sorting fasteners.

At a good hardware store you should be able to easily match the fastener head style, diameter, length and thread pitch. I do it all the time for my motorcycle hobby. Only very seldom do I need to get the official OEM fastener. The last time I bought a OEM bolt, it was one of my Suzuki motor mount bolts. Good hunting.

Thanks for the replies, I live in Finland so I gotta head to a local hardware store to find something. 🤔

Yup. There’s a few left. But metrics can still be difficult.

Back