Sondors Fold X or Rad Mini Folding Bike Choice?

Machog

I’m looking for a folding eBike when I live on a boat in the summer. Just had to return a couple that did not meet specs. Top speed was about 12mph and range was about 10 miles. Was all set to by a Rad Mini, I’ve ridden it and like it, but even folded its a bit bulky and heavy. The Sondors Fold X is lighter and folds up a bit smaller. But I’d have to buy the Sondors not ridden or tested. Anyone give me some sound advise here please? I’m new to eBike’s and my first experience was disappointing.

What kind of riding will you be doing that you need a fat tire folding bike? If you're concerned about weight, you can get to around 40 pounds if you look at some folders with traditional tires. Also look at battery weight. You can pop out the battery when you need to put it on the boat.

Rich c, bike will be kept on a boat (San Juan & Canadian Gulf Islands sometimes in remote areas), used for picking up supplies. Need something that can haul essential supplies (beer, wine etc) up to 20 mile round trip in hilly terrain. I know R Mini is heavy, but it looks cool and with 750w motor 48v x 14Ah battery, it should be a work horse? What 40lbs brands would you recommend, its such a crowded field? Rad has a good warranty and I like the idea of front suspension & the big tires for comfort. I do a lot of mountain bike riding on a full suspension Santa Cruz, 60+ miles a week, with 1.92 tires, its very comfortable. HS, it was a QFX, identical to the Ancheer folding that Amazon sells. Bought 2 identical bikes. One would only do about 5 mph, couldn’t find the problem, both wheels spun freely. The other went abut 15mph as advertised, but on my first test run couldn’t manage 10 miles on a fully charged battery. They looked great, 50lbs, front rear suspension and cost $500.00 each. I could tell they wouldn’t hold up to much use. I’m a total newbie to this, your suggestions and thoughts really help. Machog

You sure wouldn't want the little yellow bike in my avatar. Does 20 mph with a Luna Mini battery under the seat. Good for 25 miles, but it's a lightweight. When they were repaving our street, I blew out my tires from pinch flats four days in a row. I'd guess I would take the heavier bike for your needs.

After listening here, I suggest you stick with fat tires. The two options I would consider are the rad mini front Rad Power or the Sonders xs , limited edition which is on preorders for August delivery.

After listening here, I suggest you stick with fat tires. The two options I would consider are the rad mini front Rad Power or the Sonders xs , limited edition which is on preorders for August delivery.
I doubt if he still needs advice. The discussion started 18 months ago.

Back