New to eBikes. Just purchased 3 Folding bikes (Aventon Sinch, Rad Mini 4, EVELO Dash). I think I need help.

how did you feel about the 20in Fat tires vs the smaller tires on the Evelo? i have only tried the small fat tires offroad and on a farm and they are great for that but i have not really tried them on pavement.

I actually really like the Dashes tires. They aren't as big as the Rad Mini's but they are perfectly comfortable and stick to the roads really well. I have lots of gravel and debris on the roads around here from the winters tearing up the roads but it has no problem going through them. The Rad Mini 4's are better for dirt and grass but I won't be really riding on trails THAT much. When I was thinking of buying a Dash the sales reps were really honest about the bike and what it would be good at vs what it wouldn't and they were always praising the Schwalbe Moto X tires and now I see why. I also have to remember that the Dash really has no suspension vs the Rad Mini 4 which has the bigger tires and a front suspension. I did go ahead and order a Thudbuster ST for the Dash just to add that little bit more of comfort and I'm going to add one of the Cloud 9 comfort seats. Honestly I like the seat on the Dash more than the Rad Mini but both end up hurting after a while so I'd rather just go with something I'm familiar with and that's the cloud 9 comfort seat which I had on my old Motobecane hybrid.

Wow 220lbs is not super heavy, a 185lb guy with some baggage could easily hit this weight! Imagine if a 235/240lb guy like myself hopped on, not good. Both look great and if it were me i know i would end up keeping all three, i just love E-Bikes and im sure a friend would use it! The Evelo looks sleek with the belt drive but the Rover looks so mean and menacing!

Yes I do wish it had some extra oompf but it's honestly impressive when riding it just how much it moves with a 350w motor. I enjoy the pedaling experience WAY more on the Dash because its just so smooth but as I've said if this had a 500-750w motor it would be one of the most perfect bikes for me. I get it though. They would need to re-design the bike because the battery would need to be bigger which means the frame would need to be bigger (and heavier). If they used this battery with a more powerful motor the range would really take a hit.

I get why people are in love with mid drives with the gates carbon belts. They feel like you're doing the work and you don't really notice the motor even though it's helping big time vs the rear hub drive that feels like it's sort of pushing you along and helping more. I love the sleek look with the belt as well plus no worrying about grease getting anywhere and being relatively maintenance free.

There's a ton to love about both bikes and honestly you're never gonna find the bang for buck you get on the Rad Mini 4. For the sale price now ($1299) you're getting a powerful mini folding bike with a front suspension, great 3" fat tires, a backlit LCD, front and rear fenders. wired in headlight with taillight and the list goes on. It's insane value for $1299. Add in how you can use someones referral code to get $50-100 off and even if you own a full sized bike I would buy one of these just to have because of the good price for a backup bike. It's also got that great rugged utility look and you'll care way less about dings and scratches on it or getting rained on. The Sinch is most likely going back because it's $1599 and doesn't even include fenders. We'll see how I feel when I get it.

Last edited:
Yes I do wish it had some extra oompf but it's honestly impressive when riding it just how much it moves with a 350w motor. I enjoy the pedaling experience WAY more on the Dash because its just so smooth but as I've said if this had a 500-750w motor it would be one of the most perfect bikes for me. I get it though. They would need to re-design the bike because the battery would need to be bigger which means the frame would need to be bigger (and heavier). If they used this battery with a more powerful motor the range would really take a hit.

I get why people are in love with mid drives with the gates carbon belts. They feel like you're doing the work and you don't really notice the motor even though it's helping big time vs the rear hub drive that feels like it's sort of pushing you along and helping more. I love the sleek look with the belt as well plus no worrying about grease getting anywhere and being relatively maintenance free.

There's a ton to love about both bikes and honestly you're never gonna find the bang for buck you get on the Rad Mini 4. For the sale price now ($1299) you're getting a powerful mini folding bike with a front suspension, great 3" fat tires, a backlit LCD, front and rear fenders. wired in headlight with taillight and the list goes on. It's insane value for $1299. Add in how you can use someones referral code to get $50-100 off and even if you own a full sized bike I would buy one of these just to have because of the good price for a backup bike. It's also got that great rugged utility look and you'll care way less about dings and scratches on it or getting rained on. The Sinch is most likely going back because it's $1599 and doesn't even include fenders. We'll see how I feel when I get it.
Kickass and honest review! ......also get ready to love your bike even more! Suspension seat post are great, the Suntour NCX is also very good if you want to throw a cheap post on the Rad!

How fun is this, right?

The reflective tires on both bikes are cool. I see the Mini has mechanical disc brakes. What does the sidewall say about the tire size and manufacturer on the Mini? Are the spokes beefy like the Evelo?

Kickass and honest review! ......also get ready to love your bike even more! Suspension seat post are great, the Suntour NCX is also very good if you want to throw a cheap post on the Rad!
Yea I'm gonna test out the Thudbuster ST first and I hear that's a substantial upgrade to comfort and if it impresses I'm gonna try something on the Rad Mini.
How fun is this, right?

The reflective tires on both bikes are cool. I see the Mini has mechanical disc brakes. What does the sidewall say about the tire size and manufacturer on the Mini? Are the spokes beefy like the Evelo?
I gotta check tomorrow but I do know they require way less PSI than the Dash tires do, almost half. RIght now the Rad Mini is in my trunk folded up because I'm gonna take it to a nice bike route tomorrow. Spokes are still beefy! I know that for sure.

Also I got the tire reading on both bikes and the Dash is 20x2.4 SUPER MOTO X 30-65 PSI and the Rad Mini 4 is CST BIG BOAT 20x3 30 PSI.

Thanks! We've been running 30 psi. and I'd be even happier if it was less so we'd get a bit more "padding" to supplement the Thudbusters.

I can't believe that I used to ride ten speeds with a Brooks leather saddle and about an inch-wide tire at 100 psi.

Back