Sondors Fact Finding. Due Diligence. Scrutiny.

I'll go to the other side for one post. Sonders Bikes are Awesome! They are affordable, look great, hip cool fat tire design, come in a wide array of awesome colors, last up to 50 miles, fully charge in 1.5 hours and have a cool 30-day warranty.
Storm-eBike-1.jpg

Last up to 50 miles!! That's not the battery you're talking about is it? Lol lol

Production times: it takes as long as it takes. Whether it should take less time depends on the agreements in place with the factory, which I'm not privy to. If people get their bikes they'll be happy to get them. If it takes longer than anyone thinks it should take, it's not going to change the amount of time it takes for the bikes that were produced. If it's 1 month longer is that okay? Compared to Copenhagen and FlyKly, I'd bet it would be okay.

It's been alleged there aren't actually bikes in those boxes. If that is believed then it's time to pass out tin foil hats and have a whoop-whoop conspiracy party. The bikes will arrive when they arrive, despite any beliefs about when they should arrive. Or I should say "containers" in which there may or may not be bikes. Any issues that occur or that get reported will be those by the people who receive their bikes.

So people should be happy because this product "might" ship quicker than "Copenhagen and FlyKly"? Is that like saying people should embrace Ted Bundy because he killed nowhere near as many people as Hitler...

If you hold back food from a starving person long enough, they wont be too picky about the quality when you do eventually give it to them. still doesn't make you humanitarian of the year.

People should be happy if they get a product they helped crowdfund. If they get said product within a reasonable timeframe of what they were told (give or take a month) they usually are happy.

When compared to the kind of delays that have been seen in other campaigns, which we know have gone on not mere months but years in the cases of Copenhagen and FlyKly, a delay of a few weeks doesn't seem so dire in comparison.

That doesn't remove any risk involved with funding a product and it doesn't mean the product will live up to expectations -- that's a different matter. Some do live up to their hype; and others don't. This bike will just be a low level Chinese ebike, that's been obvious from the beginning. It's based on an existing low level Chinese bike, afterall.

I can see where Power Je is coming from, I too am glad that there appears to be some bikes shipping (will be much happier when every last customer gets their bike... ) BUT That doesn't excuse the terrible campaign that has been run by Sondors and co. the outright lies, the lies by omission, the underhanded dealings resulting in unpaid bills, and Storms lack of good character.. the massive delays, the lack of any decent communication ... need I go on?

I still go back to the starving man, He'll eat dog droppings if you hold back his rations for long enough, and he'll swear they are a gourmet treat.. I hope Sondors customers can look past the delay and evaluate the bike for what it truly is.. rather that be tricked by the wait into thinking they are getting a gourmet treat.

3 hours ago
Customs has delayed shipping to backers. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about this, but the first several containers that made it to port are currently under customs review and we're told this could be a two week delay. We'll keep you all updated as we learn more. In the mean time, assembly is still going strong and containers are still be shipped out from China.
qkbiseqh6w3obhyvertq.jpg
Storm Sondors

I really tried to be positive on this, Tried to look at the bright side and not see any type of conspiracy theory.... and then Storm comes up with this "news".... why am I not surprised?

3 hours ago
Customs has delayed shipping to backers. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about this, but the first several containers that made it to port are currently under customs review and we're told this could be a two week delay. We'll keep you all updated as we learn more. In the mean time, assembly is still going strong and containers are still be shipped out from China.
qkbiseqh6w3obhyvertq.jpg
Storm Sondors

Well that is interesting news. "Customs has delayed shipping to backers"....I guess in the literal sense that's true, but customs is holding the containers for a reason. We can speculate but perhaps it's a tariff issue. This link goes to the tariff schedule for the HTSUS 8712 for bicycles ( I don't know the sub-category) http://hts.usitc.gov/?query=8712.00.44.00. Just a guess, but they maybe trying to determine if a tariff is due. If there is a tariff I'm assuming the consignee will pay.

Court J

PS....don't know who the consignee is????

Maybe someone in the industry dropped a dime. Called some friend in government and suggested making trouble. A guy selling 7500 bikes is a threat, right. Of course powerful people play fair. Sad. I guess this had to happen...

George I always respect what you write but think your last post is unfair, this campaign has stunk from the start - as I feel there will be a sting in the tail, your assumption might be right or might be wrong, as always with these things there will be blame deflection, personally I don't believe the bikes en masses have been built and if this isn't the sting in the tail there will be something else. I have always been very very sceptical of this whole affair but have been doing my garden so attention is elsewhere atm.

Hi I hadn't I am afraid, you will have noticed my relative absence from the forum because I just haven't got the time to look into things as deeply as I was -where id you get this info from please?
Ian,

You have noticed that Olenik, Chaupin, and Sondors are all part of the campaign team (again). Why?

So it has ended up being a typical business dispute that appears to have been resolved. Mountain out of a mole hill? Maybe not, but taken and run with, without actual knowledge of the entire situation at least.

So people should be happy because this product "might" ship quicker than "Copenhagen and FlyKly"? Is that like saying people should embrace Ted Bundy because he killed nowhere near as many people as Hitler...

If you hold back food from a starving person long enough, they wont be too picky about the quality when you do eventually give it to them. still doesn't make you humanitarian of the year.
Some people have a positive outlook on life and don't have a meltdown over some on line cf purchase.

Those types of people tend to be very successful. Those who equate ebikes to Hitler have bigger problems.

Storm has done a remarkable job and is the envy of all those wannabes

Not too many "successful" people are purchasing a bottom shelf product like the storm, they generally buy quality bikes like the BMW for example. I don't think anybody on this forum would equate E Bikes to Hitler, we are here because we are interested in them.

Storm has been spectacularly successful in delivering broken promises and excuses... Nothing else.

Well that is interesting news. "Customs has delayed shipping to backers"....I guess in the literal sense that's true, but customs is holding the containers for a reason. We can speculate but perhaps it's a tariff issue. This link goes to the tariff schedule for the HTSUS 8712 for bicycles ( I don't know the sub-category) http://hts.usitc.gov/?query=8712.00.44.00. Just a guess, but they maybe trying to determine if a tariff is due. If there is a tariff I'm assuming the consignee will pay.

Court J

PS....don't know who the consignee is????

My current container is being held by customs for a detailed inspection, as was my last. In 12 years I had never had a detailed inspection before. Regardless a customs delay does not mean anything.

Thanks,
Yan

Back