Sondors Fact Finding. Due Diligence. Scrutiny.

The bands, you are correct. Obviously they had to cut them prior to loading, weird but ok. I contend the following. The end of MAY was here and they needed some photo evidence the bikes are being shipped, so stage a row of bikes on the Back of a shipping container...Viola....get a couple of containers ready in a week and then ship those to the first people of the list. Then the fun begins. Everyone gets a very low powered ebike, gutless in the dry sand, poor going up hills and weak range with zero warranty and or replacement parts. Looks cool though, very pretty. Can't wait to add a few girlies things if I get it.

I went through the entire sondors comment section. I see people like Philip Hillis and Bruce Choating posts so much to drown out the people who have some genuine concerns and asking some questions. I got banned on Closed sondors facebook. Asked too many questions.

Just asked one question:)

HowmuchwarantyisthereanyliablitywhenwillmybikegetherewillIgetabikebeforeyougobankruptwhathappenedtothe monitorandfendersiseverythingtheysayelectricbikereviewtrue?

How did you become so skeptical.... so quickly ... it took me years and years ... Look on the bright side, you'll have incredibly strong legs... pedaling around on that thing when the battery goes dead...

This on market ticker, about "Sharing" it is a similar intentional misuse "Perk." Silicon valley may be worse than Wall Street, what they are doing is creating a crack in the law by inventing an ambiguous term rather than innovating. There is no such thing as a PERK!

----------From the Market Ticker

The “sharing economy” being, of course, a hodgepodge of mostly unrelated but often lumped-together startups, many originating in Silicon Valley, that involve “sharing” things like cars and homes. Think Uber and Airbnb but also Instacart, Postmates, TaskRabbit and many more.

The first thing everyone misses about the sharing economy is that there is no such thing, not even if we’re being semantically charitable.

That's right. There's no "sharing" going on here at all.

The "Uber" driver isn't sharing his car, he's selling you a transportation service. He's engaged in commerce, not "sharing."

But there are two soft underbellies in this so-called "sharing" economy that ought to make anyone's hair stand up, and if there was a scintilla of honesty in either analysts or for that matter the law it would have already come to pass. That is simply this: Most of these so-called "sharing" companies are really doing nothing other than hiring labor and torturing the line between independent contractors and employees beyond all recognition.

Last edited:
Yes I can think of a reason: the boxes appeared to be bound together with 3 boxes in each binding. If you look at a picture of the container, 8 boxes fit across. Perhaps that's the reason why they removed the bindings. This is just a guess.

One other guess - maybe there will be checking of each box at port (like for contraband items).

They seem to be bound 3 cross for the fork lift, but they need 8 across to fill the container.

An interesting article in Business Insider, dated 5/30/2015. It contains an imbedded link to page 1 post by @Court of this thread. See the line that reads: "And there was even this weird thing involving an ad that trashed a tech blogger who criticised it.".

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/sondors-ebike-shipping-2015-5

Yeah, I saw that too. Occasionally I see articles that reference this thread or the Endless Sphere (ES) discussion. Although it was mentioned that we are not changing the world, discussions like this and references to it in news articles have done a lot to dampen the optimistic enthusiasm of subsequent articles and the public.

In the first week of February all of the articles I read were wildly optimistic, but once people here and on ES started questioning the reality of the claims, many of the following articles started including caveats and disclaimers.

I don't get what the big deal is when they keep worrying that the bike won't deliver on the promised specs :) The specs are inflated for EVERY ebike I have seen on the market. It is the norm. The proper word for ebike specs should probably be 'OPTIMISTIC' :)

yeah the bike is cheap, yeah it would not suit my needs but hey it is shipping to customers. I might send an email to one REAL contributor and ask him if I can check out his bike when he gets it.

An interesting article in Business Insider, dated 5/30/2015. It contains an imbedded link to page 1 post by @Court of this thread. See the line that reads: "And there was even this weird thing involving an ad that trashed a tech blogger who criticised it.".

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/sondors-ebike-shipping-2015-5

I don't get what the big deal is when they keep worrying that the bike won't deliver on the promised specs :) The specs are inflated for EVERY ebike I have seen on the market. It is the norm.

Well said, Brambor. My Evo Street supposedly can get up to 60 mi range. Take a look at Court's review on this site. He indicates the range is 25mi to 40mi, which matches my range of 30 mi max on 1 charge. This (inflating average range for the average person) is something that is known in the industry.

Good day Ann. Yes I did try that and not work. oh well, I guess avatars are not that important.:(

A question, ANN.

How can Greg Dawson say the following statement?

“Shipping of the Sondors eBike to backers worldwide has begun this month, as scheduled and promised,” said Storm Sondors, creator of the Sondors eBike. “To sell, produce and ship in just a few short months double or triple the amount of electric bikes than large manufacturers sell in an entire year is an amazing feat. Importantly, this is proof of huge demand for an affordable electric bike in today’s market.”

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2015/05/prweb12756009.htm

Double or triple for an entire year??????????

Seems like he is fabricating fiction for his client.

Considering all I have read--it will be very difficult for Sondors to turn a profit and looks like it would be a pretty good loss he takes per bike sold.
So, why continue the campaign? Is he just trying to grab every dollar he can before "you-know-what"? Is he stalling? Will this campaign still be going for Months to come?
Regarding the 8 bikes wide--maybe the ones strapped together by two's were behind the three's?
Why not show all of the bikes BEFORE putting them into boxes or video of them installing them into boxes???
We still have actually only seen a few bikes at a time but plenty of boxes. Very strange.

The strap on the three boxes, really doesn't concern me that much, I don't think theres room for a pallet in that container, looks like loading would be by hand.. bike n box would weigh 40 odd kg, (80 pounds) or there abouts, that's enough for one man to lift into position, especially the top row.. I am a little surprised there doesn't appear to be some kind of platform (cardboard or ply wood) between each level of boxes.

Also surprised that a factory capable of sending out three million bikes PA. doesn't have a loading dock and some low profile pallets to enable more efficient loading... I guess labour is cheap.

The strap on the three boxes, really doesn't concern me that much, I don't think theres room for a pallet in that container, looks like loading would be by hand.. bike n box would weigh 40 odd kg, (80 pounds) or there abouts, that's enough for one man to lift into position, especially the top row.. I am a little surprised there doesn't appear to be some kind of platform (cardboard or ply wood) between each level of boxes.

Also surprised that a factory capable of sending out three million bikes PA. doesn't have a loading dock and some low profile pallets to enable more efficient loading... I guess labour is cheap.

Yes, kinda like when they built the Pyramids. :)

labor is indeed cheap in China, even cheaper in India and elsewhere in our world. Life is cheap also. But the Chinese people are not stupid, nor lazy nor idiots to do things twice, it is a waste to strap bikes on a pallet, they already have tons of experience at container shipping, loading and unloading. They don't seem to have a forklift dock yet the warehouse shows rows and rows and rows of all the bikes on pallets. If they were to be hand bombed into a shipping container then why strap them and so many? Question remains unanswerable it seems. A small detail and casts suspicion on the entire seemingly staged photo op for the sole purpose of making it seem like shipping was commencing.

I looked at my mail from Indiegogo and it definitely stated delivery was May not shipping. I suspect Greg Dawson of something, truth seems to be lacking, open honest accountability. Guess that is hard. If I get my bike I will assume it is Cheap, open to being broken down in the very near future, no warranty, no customer service. And no answers either if questions come up like in this campaigns past. :(

labor is indeed cheap in China, even cheaper in India and elsewhere in our world. Life is cheap also. But the Chinese people are not stupid, nor lazy nor idiots to do things twice, it is a waste to strap bikes on a pallet, they already have tons of experience at container shipping, loading and unloading. They don't seem to have a forklift dock yet the warehouse shows rows and rows and rows of all the bikes on pallets. If they were to be hand bombed into a shipping container then why strap them and so many? Question remains unanswerable it seems. A small detail and casts suspicion on the entire seemingly staged photo op for the sole purpose of making it seem like shipping was commencing.

I looked at my mail from Indiegogo and it definitely stated delivery was May not shipping. I suspect Greg Dawson of something, truth seems to be lacking, open honest accountability. Guess that is hard. If I get my bike I will assume it is Cheap, open to being broken down in the very near future, no warranty, no customer service. And no answers either if questions come up like in this campaigns past. :(

I think you need to tone down the conspiracy theories a bit! I mean, a staged warehouse, staged boxes and bike and all? No stake in this game myself, I do hope you get a bike as you were promised, as with all the other contributors.

I know the shipping BS game Sondors played with semantics, that move is in-excusable. I'm a Radrover contributor myself, glad to have spent a few extra bucks on more properly spec'd fat bike. I won't rub that in any more I promise!

I think you need to tone down the conspiracy theories a bit! I mean, a staged warehouse, staged boxes and bike and all? No stake in this game myself, I do hope you get a bike as you were promised, as with all the other contributors.

I know the shipping BS game Sondors played with semantics, that move is in-excusable. I'm a Radrover contributor myself, glad to have spent a few extra bucks on more properly spec'd fat bike. I won't rub that in any more I promise!

I am very excited for you regarding the Radrover. Seems like exceptional value and a fun bike. Keep us posted on when you get one and what you think, please!

Spoke to the CPSC seems like Sondors can do an end run around the certificate of conformity issue.

The law requires manufacturers or importers to issue a GCC that accompanies each product or shipment of products; that the GCC be furnished to retailers and distributors; and that the GCC be provided to the CPSC, upon request. Accordingly, you do not have to provide the certificate to consumers in direct-to-consumer sales

The GCC must be based on a test of each product or a reasonable testing program.

The CPSC is entirely backward looking and not proactive, as would be the case with this form, or even forcing a safety related recall.

Last edited:
Spoke to the CPSC seems like Sondors can do an end run around the certificate of conformity issue.

The law requires manufacturers or importers to issue a GCC that accompanies each product or shipment of products; that the GCC be furnished to retailers and distributors; and that the GCC be provided to the CPSC, upon request. Accordingly, you do not have to provide the certificate to consumers in direct-to-consumer sales

The GCC must be based on a test of each product or a reasonable testing program.

The CPSC is entirely backward looking and not proactive, as would be the case with this form, or even forcing a safety related recall.

FTC,
What are the repercussions... if it turns out Sondors has shipped the batter packs within the bike boxes?

Back