sometimes no matter what you get flats.

fooferdoggie

I have played with most of the sealants and they all seem to be hit and miss when it is wet its even worse. Since rubber cuts easier when wet you seem to get more flats in the rain. I have schwalbe marathon plus on my commuter and one step blow on our tandem. (going to change over when I use my spares) I have used the green stuff and it may have gotten a few and it has failed. I used Stans and it may have gotten one or two and it has failed. sometimes I have a flat when nI go out the next day and it may or may not have resealed. That happened this weekend I was using a specialized sealant for higher psi. pumped it up and it is still fine. I think PSI and rain are the worst cause of failures. We had flat on the tandem with the specialized in the tube and had a flat. I was able to get it to seal after a bit but it popped open after a few minutes. I have had two flats on the tandem before because of worn tires and both were sealed after I went to change them the next morning. so Stans didn't to do too bad. this time I put flat out in the back wheel of the tandem and we were going on a ride this morning and the back was flat. I could not get it to hold any air at all. I found two cuts I the tire one seemed sealed the other not. We had also ride in the rain that day so the tire was wet. So I changed the tube and put in flat out again. But I think the PSI and the rain are the killers of sealants. But hell if we don't have a flat till morning I wont complain too much. Changing the back tire on the tandem on the go is a real pain. I found the flat out made the worst mess I had to wash the tire and the rim clean as it was so much goop.

Last edited:
ya I doubt it is a comfortable ride. they don't seem all that popular.
They also don't make them for 2' + tires.

I had a dealer tell me you can put one of these tube replacements inside a Tannus Armor tire liner for 2"+ tires instead of a regular tube. An interesting idea but I think I'll wait and let someone else try it first. It would likely be very difficult to install on a rim.

They also don't make them for 2' + tires.

I had a dealer tell me you can put one of these tube replacements inside a Tannus Armor tire liner for 2"+ tires instead of a regular tube. An interesting idea but I think I'll wait and let someone else try it first. It would likely be very difficult to install on a rim.
yep. of course this morning I found my tire flat again this morhing. it stayed fully inflated all weekend long but I didn to rdie it then. but it pumped up and i rode it to work.

My favorite combo is a tire liner with a tube that has tubeless sealant inside it, with good tires. I wonder if the rain problem is partially due to debris being disturbed. I do not like Tanus. Because I use sunscreen.

I have played with most of the sealants and they all seem to be hit and miss when it is wet its even worse. Since rubber cuts easier when wet you seem to get more flats in the rain. I have schwalbe marathon plus on my commuter and one step blow on our tandem. (going to change over when I use my spares) I have used the green stuff and it may have gotten a few and it has failed. I used Stans and it may have gotten one or two and it has failed. sometimes I have a flat when nI go out the next day and it may or may not have resealed. That happened this weekend I was using a specialized sealant for higher psi. pumped it up and it is still fine. I think PSI and rain are the worst cause of failures. We had flat on the tandem with the specialized in the tube and had a flat. I was able to get it to seal after a bit but it popped open after a few minutes. I have had two flats on the tandem before because of worn tires and both were sealed after I went to change them the next morning. so Stans didn't to do too bad. this time I put flat out in the back wheel of the tandem and we were going on a ride this morning and the back was flat. I could not get it to hold any air at all. I found two cuts I the tire one seemed sealed the other not. We had also ride in the rain that day so the tire was wet. So I changed the tube and put in flat out again. But I think the PSI and the rain are the killers of sealants. But hell if we don't have a flat till morning I wont complain too much. Changing the back tire on the tandem on the go is a real pain. I found the flat out made the worst mess I had to wash the tire and the rim clean as it was so much goop.

Hmmmm. I have some Flat Out that I'm about to put in. I think I'll stick with it and do it.
CN

Hmmmm. I have some Flat Out that I'm about to put in. I think I'll stick with it and do it.
CN
might as well as its nto supposed to dry out. but man it is messy worse then any other I have tried. I put it in the replacement tube. way to many factors on if it will work.

Back