Soma Wolverine 4.0B Gates Carbon using Rohloff SpeedHub

Many thanks, much appreciated. My BBS is a BBR60 BSA, and I can check the belt line off your measurements, thanks
My BB is 68mm and from BB center line to belt center line it's 57mm. See pictures. IMG_20200908_172739614_resize_60.jpgIMG_20200908_172643535_resize_59.jpg

I checked mine, and dimensions are exactly the same, 68mm BB, and 57mm from centre to belt line.
Is this the item I need?

I checked mine, and dimensions are exactly the same, 68mm BB, and 57mm from centre to belt line.
Is this the item I need?
That's the one if you have the chain ring with 5 fasteners. That's great for alignment, you should be fine.

CMJ

Many thanks.
Actually now struggling again, as my chainring is 4 fasteners 104 BCD. The site has an adapter for that, but it notes max 48T chainring, and mine is 55T.
I've emailed them to see if they have any suggestions - will post back here with what I find, in case it's helpful for anyone later

Many thanks.
Actually now struggling again, as my chainring is 4 fasteners 104 BCD. The site has an adapter for that, but it notes max 48T chainring, and mine is 55T.
I've emailed them to see if they have any suggestions - will post back here with what I find, in case it's helpful for anyone later
Yes please post their response. I'm going to assume it will work since you are using the Carbon Drive Chainring and they're referencing the Bafang Chainring.

CMJ

It's been a while....haven't felt the need to build another bike after the Titanium/Rohloff/BBS02. Need a project, so why not a Gates Carbon driven Rolhoff combination? Pictures to follow, the bike is about half assembled.
I was looking at the DIY market and finally bought a BBS02 from Bafang Direct. The US vendors tried to brand the 02 but I'm glad Bafang is over here. I can't find the MAC anymore. For all the froth in ebikes, it's not so great for DIY maybe. I like the new Bafang mid-drive, the M stuff. Even Bikes Direct is doing some of the Bafang M's, along with Sondors. Probably the future. Maybe I'll buy a Lectric XP if they have a decent Black Friday sale. My quality Bikes Direct Windsor required welding a bolt to the last bit of the bottom bracket to remove it. Three shops and $70. Building is a lot of fun, even with the headaches, but I doubt I do it ever again. People DIY the XP, modding and upgrading. It makes a lot more sense. I hope XP makes all their parts available, plus aftermarket. The MAC and BBS02 were completely serviceable. Interesting build. You can do that stuff. Cheers

Hi George,

I wanted to build a bike withe the Gates system and the Rohloff hub. The bike has 1,500 miles on it, and to say I'm smitten is an understatement. I'm spoiled....I've purchased a 54CM Soma and will build the same set-up for my wife. It only took me 7 builds to finally find the DIY I consider just about the perfect all around commuter gravel road bike. My only problem now is what to do with all the others :)

Back