SOLVED! Faraday Help Please

Darthracing

Region
USA
Bought a project and am in deep :) retro/hack or keep it original? What happens next?
Got bike tools, coding skillz and a soldier iron in between…

1. plug in charger, blue light is on but headlight turns on
2. press bluelight button, light goes off after 3 seconds and charge cycle starts (looping red LEDs)
3. after 30-60 seconds,looping red lights go to solid indicating charge complete
4. no charge appears to be held - removing charger stops all activity

I have bike torn down:
1. how to check if the battery is bad?
2. how to check if the controller is bad?

Plans:

I'd like
1. to have it working, but yes cheap
2. keep batteries in the downtube/keep it tidy
3. open-source/standardize as much as possible to keep it maintainable long term

Attachments

• 5659A3FA-010C-43B1-87D3-9689071FF6D7.jpeg
    5659A3FA-010C-43B1-87D3-9689071FF6D7.jpeg
    375.1 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
Kind of hard to see what you have there to start with but I'm sure you can figure it out if you have low voltage electronic and bicycle knowledge.

Basically a motor, controller and a battery with some way to make it all give go powere is it. Just depends on how far and how fast you want to get there with how much effort you are willing to put in and weight you are willing to put up with also can be a factor.

I find that people that exercise their DIY skills overall have a better grip on the whole eBike concept than those that just go down the pre-made route. Neither way is better or worse however.

Kind of hard to see what you have there to start with but I'm sure you can figure it out if you have low voltage electronic and bicycle knowledge.

Basically a motor, controller and a battery with some way to make it all give go powere is it. Just depends on how far and how fast you want to get there with how much effort you are willing to put in and weight you are willing to put up with also can be a factor.

I find that people that exercise their DIY skills overall have a better grip on the whole eBike concept than those that just go down the pre-made route. Neither way is better or worse however.
yeah, was hoping this would be an easier project
its a 250w bafang motor but the diagnostic cable even looks proprietary, looking for a wiring diagram hoping its 4 conductor
thinking now about doing a bypass of all the electronics, throttle on the motor at best

Y, 3 conductor wire and the a small 4 conductor plug (bms?). Seems dead, not sure if there are any electronics in the pack that need to be actuated to arm yhe battery….

Nice looking bike Darth. You might enjoy looking at the builds of a member here, PedalUma. Yours looks a lot like many of his.

So I rode if 7.5 miles, but it seemed a little anemic - battery reading > 50volts after the run so the pack seems good.

Please review here!

If its 250 watts it would still assist well, watching the video it seemed to be sluggish, perhaps the motor needs to be split and serviced and its possible it might free up a bit after some usage.otherwise an intruguing bike and nice build.

Nicely done. Although anemic, for what it is and was originally designed for as an urban commuter type bike, it is a handsome design and good on you for bringing it back to life.

Back