So what's your other hobbies or interests?

I was big into ocean kayaking years ago so much that I built a couple of woodies in my garage. Not so much now since I got myself deep into e-bikes. Will likely stick to paddling the local lakes here but still have a boat stored out at a friend’s place in the Gulf Islands if I ever get a need to dip a paddle in the briny.

Redfish Silver Build

Pygmy Arctic Tern 17

Hand carved cedar Greenland Padd
Absolutely beautiful! You are an artist and a superb craftsman - wow!

Motorcycles. One for travel
BF0F508E-55D3-4869-8A02-58C384A7CBA9.jpeg
3CFEF8DD-4E4B-4FD0-9897-492F7E42BBF1.jpeg

One for adventure

John Mayer worked with PRS (Paul Reed Smith) to create the Silver Sky series guitars, which are basically PRS’s take on the classic Fender Stratocaster. They are quite a hot button issue in guitar forums, people love them or hate them, not so much on the strength of the guitar itself, but on the whole idea of what a Strat is or should be.

I like them and would love to have one, to go with my 1966 Stratocaster that I got brand new back in 1967 as a 16th birthday present. Talk about the gift that keeps on giving, it‘s still hanging in our music room and gets played at least a little bit almost daily.

John Mayer worked with PRS (Paul Reed Smith) to create the Silver Sky series guitars, which are basically PRS’s take on the classic Fender Stratocaster. They are quite a hot button issue in guitar forums, people love them or hate them, not so much on the strength of the guitar itself, but on the whole idea of what a Strat is or should be.

I like them and would love to have one, to go with my 1966 Stratocaster that I got brand new back in 1967 as a 16th birthday present. Talk about the gift that keeps on giving, it‘s still hanging in our music room and gets played at least a little bit almost daily.
Was just listening to side one of Donovan's Hurdy Gurdy Man. So evocative of the 60's. The title track has some nice lead quitar work that i think Lou Reid would have enjoyed.

Last edited:

I got one of the "First 500" Silver Sky. Pure luck on a local Craigslist deal. Comes with a hard case and plaque.

Lucky flamed neck as well.

I absolutely love this thing. Wasn't sure I'd be OK with the 7.25 radius but I don't even notice it!

Holy cow, you’re killing me. That is gorgeous.

I had a very late 1990s McRosie cherry burst 10 top with birds, with the small neck heel that for some insane reason I sold… I remember watching the FedEx guy taking it out the door and thinking, you idiot, you are making a huge mistake…

Holy cow, you’re killing me. That is gorgeous.

I had a very late 1990s McRosie cherry burst 10 top with birds, with the small neck heel that for some insane reason I sold… I remember watching the FedEx guy taking it out the door and thinking, you idiot, you are making a huge mistake…
I probably shouldn't show you a pic of my 2001 McRosie then!

Ah, what the heck... 🤣

No idea what you sold it for, but dayum... they're holding value extremely well!

Considering your impeccable wood working skills, you might work on a kyak seat like this Scottish bar stool for kilt wearers

llmeqapbcor21.jpg
Mmm Interesting as i am a Scot and just havent seen such ever :) BUT personally the moulded nuts seen here
are far too small to hold for the likes of me likes :)

Okay, I'll start, I'm an amateur radio operator, commonly known as "ham" radio, and I also like to cook and especially bake. I do lots of outdoor activities as well, in addition to biking I also hike, kayak in the lake, as well as surf fishing in the SoCal Pacific ocean, a lot in the Ventura area of Ca. Is tipping a pint now and then a hobby too? So what else keeps you all occupied when not e biking? Cheers.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_47.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_47.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0222.JPG
    IMG_0222.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0311.JPG
    IMG_0311.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0846.JPG
    IMG_0846.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0173.JPG
    IMG_0173.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0955.JPG
    IMG_0955.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 153
My favorite hobby is jigsaw puzzles. I’m actually quite good at making my own out of wood using a scrollsaw. Aside from that, just putting them together.

I also enjoy general woodworking. I prefer to make small intricate things (anything that can sit on a desk, such as a fancy box, etc). I leave the desk making to someone else. The bigger tools scare the hell out of me. 😀

And then there is auto detailing. I’m “that guy” out washing his vehicle every weekend or two. I somehow find it cathartic and relaxing.

My favorite hobby is jigsaw puzzles. I’m actually quite good at making my own out of wood using a scrollsaw. Aside from that, just putting them together.

I also enjoy general woodworking. I prefer to make small intricate things (anything that can sit on a desk, such as a fancy box, etc). I leave the desk making to someone else. The bigger tools scare the hell out of me. 😀

And then there is auto detailing. I’m “that guy” out washing his vehicle every weekend or two. I somehow find it cathartic and relaxing.
I spent 3-4 hours cleaning waxing, polishing and buffing my Lexus when I first got it.
I haven't had to do anything to it besides a car wash to get that deep gleam finish back, for 3 years now!
Well worth the purchase of my random orbital buffer and pads.

Back