So, how many miles do you get on a charge?

Usable range on a Riese & Muller Homage Rohloff HS (class 3) Bike has two 500 watt hour batteries. Range is show per battery. Average Elevation gain per ride 2,500. Bike weight 76 lbs. Rider weight 210 lbs

Assist Level - Average Speed - Range in Miles per Battery

Eco==========12=============62
Tour=========14 =============45
Sport========16 =============37
Turbo========18=============28

Last edited:
The longest distance I've done in a day is 36.4 miles with mixed levels of assist (mostly 1, some S) on my Juiced Bikes RipCurrent-S with my full commuter load (panniers, water, tools, and stuff) over two rides. I still had something like 30%-40% of the battery left when I got home. I'm a member of the "heavy riders" club so my battery range tends to be on the lower end because the motor is working harder to help move me around. The battery really isn't the limiting factor on my range. I tend to "break" long before my bike does due to some chronic tendinitis issues.

I have the 52v 19.2 amp hour version of the RipCurrent-S. I ride on Vee Speedsters at 2 bar/28 PSI with my controller set at class 2 (20mph speed limit).

When I bought my trekking Haibike I thought I would need a second battery for long rides. WRONG. My butt gives out before the battery does. I can now stretch my range to 50+mi. as I'm in better shape than when I first got the bike and have learned how to get the best efficiency from the gears, motor and battery. 800mi. of fun this summer so far

By the way. I never run the battery all the way down and tend to recharge it when it gets to about 20% left. From what I have learned from experts you should never run the battery down and use the last 20% and you should not leave the bike for extended times at the fully charged 100% level either. I typically charge to full just before using it and then recharge it when it gets down to around 33%. Also during the winter when you are not using your bike you should store it at the 50% full level.

Usable range on a Riese & Muller Homage Rohloff HS (class 3) Bike has two 500 watt hour batteries. Range is show per battery. Average Elevation gain per ride 2,500. Bike weight 76 lbs. Rider weight 210 lbs

Assist Level - Average Speed - Range in Miles per Battery

Eco==========12=============62
Tour=========14 =============45
Sport========16 =============37
Turbo========18=============28
I am curious where are you? What is the maximum speed allowed with the assist? I guess you mean miles? I am in Quebec most Ebikes are 55 pounds or less, class 1, max assist 32kmh/20mph. My Ebike is 47 pounds with 1 battery 500 Wh i have no way to know my elevation but 4 hrs rides allways some left in battery.

I am curious where are you? What is the maximum speed allowed with the assist? I guess you mean miles? I am in Quebec most Ebikes are 55 pounds or less, class 1, max assist 32kmh/20mph. My Ebike is 47 pounds with 1 battery 500 Wh i have no way to know my elevation but 4 hrs rides allways some left in battery.

I am in Bellingham Washington, just 50 miles south of Vancouver. With one battery the bike weighs 62 lbs. My bike carries 2 - 500 Watt Hour Batteries at 6 lbs. each, has a front and rear suspension, Rohloff hub which weighs about 3 lbs more than a derailleur, Abus folding alarm lock, and a trunk bag with spare tube, tools, pump, etc. The bike is set up so I can fix as much as possible and keep going thus I ride heavy.

I typically ride 2-3 hours per day, out in the countryside surrounding our town, covering 40-60 miles. Last month I set a goal of riding 2,000km and actually rode 1,422 miles, so I have a pretty good data base for the stats I cited.

sounds like you're a good candidate for the wattwagon Alaskan!
My wife would shoot me if I bought another bike right now. I have a 2019 Riese & Muller Homage Rohloff HS, a 2018 Delight Mountain, she rides 2018 Homage Rohloff HS and we also have a 2017 Cube Hybrid Exc 500 for visiting dignitaries and neerdowells to ride when visiting. .

At this point with all the riding I am doing, I am totally hooked on full suspension bikes. The Wattwagon looks like a fantastic bike with lots of well thought out features and top shelf components but it is a hardtail.

Back