Size Ok for me?

jonner

Hi All, new here and looking at 3 bikes (CrossCurrent, Voltbike Yukon, and Radrover). So I could use some help. I am 6'1" and 170lbs, and I will be using this bike for exercise, e.g. around the neighborhood and light trail, no commuting. My budget is $1500-$1800, excluding shipping. I've had 2 herniated discs and 4 back surgeries and really need to get out and exercise more, so that's my main focus.
Any opinions of any of these bikes? Any size issues out of the three? Other bikes I should be looking at? I will post this elsewhere on the forum too (hope its allowed), as I can use all of the help I can get.

I am novice but thinking the two fat bikes would be more comfortable , imo the best thing about my radrover is the ride and how stable it is

Havent ridden a yukon or seen one in person but would expect it to be similar

I do use bodyfloat seatpost on mine

Not sure if you can find one for those prices but a full suspension mtn bike might work even better for comfort...

Good luck in your search, definitely try to ride as many different ones as you can before you buy

If you are in az i would be willing to meet you and let you ride my radrover to see how it does for you

I know rad has a big fb page and you might could find someone else to show you one too

RadWagon rider. 5'11" 160. I have handlebars and seat at max, could use a little extra on the bars. Had crippling back pain until I started riding the bike, immediate relief. Now my back gets sore if I don't ride every couple days. Commute to work everyday, 25 miles each way. (EDITED- For some reason I type Radrover instead of Radwagon)

Last edited:
Just ordered my Radrover, should be here tomorrow. I'm 6'1" and 225 lbs. I have back issues as well and will be riding to try and lose weight and feel better as well. I was told by radpower the bike would fit me but I'll let you know this weekend when I try it out.

Anyone know where to get a Cannondale headshok replacement needle bearing kit? Or a BikeE replacement seat back (tall)?

I like Juiced (I really like their ODK, except the battery pack can't be easily taken inside for charging) and I think they'll be around for while, but having a late 90's Cannondale Super V AND a BikeE, I look for 'standardized' parts...esp something like the battery pack, which will need replacing.

It looks like the RadRover & Yukon both use a pretty standard battery pack that should be easy to replace or at least not leave a giant hole in the frame if you need to replace it with something else if those style packs are discontinued.

I'm 200ish lbs, 5' 7" with shorter legs w/ longer torso...
  • I had to stand on my tippy toes at lights with the Fat tires, but switched to the Maxxis hookworms and can now stand flat footed (wearing lightweight hiking boots) at the lights.
  • I also use a suspension seat post an Origin8 pogostick style one it does really increase the comfort level.

FYI: very glad bicycleman had their own BikeE seat slider mount fix...

Sang

Whoops! I say look for standardized parts, but then again, I just ordered Sondors Thin with it's weird triangle battery pack... but it is inside a case...so it should be easy to stuff some other batteries inside.

Hi All, new here and looking at 3 bikes (CrossCurrent, Voltbike Yukon, and Radrover). So I could use some help. I am 6'1" and 170lbs, and I will be using this bike for exercise, e.g. around the neighborhood and light trail, no commuting. My budget is $1500-$1800, excluding shipping. I've had 2 herniated discs and 4 back surgeries and really need to get out and exercise more, so that's my main focus.
Any opinions of any of these bikes? Any size issues out of the three? Other bikes I should be looking at? I will post this elsewhere on the forum too (hope its allowed), as I can use all of the help I can get.

If you have a bad back, you should get a "Day 6" bike, its like sitting on your couch and getting exercise. However, its easily double your budget.

Thank you to all. Vincent, I really appreciate the offer but I'm in PA, otherwise I would definitely take you up on it.

Eeyorre5, please keep me updated.

I appreciate all of the advice, you all have been very helpful! Although I have had 2 herniated discs and 4 surgeries, I haven't had anything fused (trying to avoid that), so I'm still pretty physically able, I just need to strengthen my core to try and avoid future herniations and surgeries. So after reading all of your replies (and some help from another forum), I'm pretty sure I'll be ordering a RadRover in the next few weeks. Thanks Again!!!

OK, I got to try out my new RadRover last saturday and I love it. As far as the size, the bike is big compared to my specialized hard rock. I had to adjust the seat up but still had plenty of extra room to bring it up more. So, Jonner I would say it will fit you just fine. I rode it for about 10 miles and was surprised how much the peddle assist helped me peddle, I kept it in level 2 or 3 most of the time, but did run it up to 27 mph in level 5 once. The battery still had 2 out of the 5 on charge level when i finished, but I didn't charge it since I received it fully charged. Hopefully it will get me more like 20 miles once I recharge. The bike is a real head turner though.

Eeyorre5, thanks for the update. I actually found a really good deal (that I couldn't pass up) on a 2015 iZip Sumo with 32 miles on it that I hope to be getting any day now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have two RadRovers. I'm 6'3" and +270lbs with the seat set to max height. My wife is 4'11" with the seat set to min height. Very comfortable riding position for both of us on and off road. I thought I might have to raise the height of the handle bars; but, no issues (no hand numbness) at the factory height.

I did upgrade our seats to the Sunlite Cloud-9 Cruiser Saddle; which, is larger and more padded than the RadRover seat. I also upgraded my seatpost to the Suntour SP12 NCX suspension seat (350mm+firm spring) to help soak up additional bumps on the road and trails. Wife's seat is too low to add the Suntour to her bike.

You could also let a few PSI out of the tires to soften the ride a touch more.

Back