SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

Why do you think they bent the top tube like that? Doubt it's just styling. Seems like it would reduce the frame's in-plane rigidity, but it could soften the ride on bumpy surfaces.
The latter. The X stays are also proprietary, designed to dampen the ride, yet remain stiff laterally. The Dogma F is the World Tour bike. The X is the UCI-approved "endurance bike". It's really not an endurance bike. It rides like a race bike, just more comfortably. I rode it in Italy on all sorts of surfaces, up a five mile climb, and through the back side switchbacks at high speed. It's a race bike.

The Pinarello site describes a lot of their design philosophy. They also put out white papers if you are really interested in the details.
 
So many high-end bikes here — especially road and gravel — that no one would laugh.



Wouldn't say I dream of them, either. I'm lucky enough to have the bike I want (Vado SL) at a fraction of the cost. But I like to admire these masterpieces when I can get a good look and would definitely love to try a few.
Every once in a while (OK more frequently than that) I find myself wanting a high end bike like those RabH or Stompandgo recently ordered - but then I remind myself that, for me, they would be like putting lipstick on a pig. Unfortunately I'm more suited to the bicycle shaped objects that I already own.
 
Every once in a while (OK more frequently than that) I find myself wanting a high end bike like those RabH or Stompandgo recently ordered - but then I remind myself that, for me, they would be like putting lipstick on a pig. Unfortunately I'm more suited to the bicycle shaped objects that I already own.
People are not immortal. Buy yourself something good before it's too late! ❤️
 
No getting anything like this past my wife. "Don't muzzle the ox that treaded out the grain" doesn't seem to work at all either. The worst part is that I know she's right and she would be the first to affirm the lipstick on pig idiom.
 
The worst part is that I know she's right and she would be the first to affirm the lipstick on pig idiom.

Never realized how true that idiom is till I made the mistake of asking Google to see pigs in lipstick.

images (23).jpeg

Not a single one looked good.
 
Speaking of expensive hobbies, spotted near the coffee shop the missus and I like to ride to...

20261002_094259.jpg
20261002_094345.jpg
20261002_094315.jpg
20261002_094358.jpg
20261002_094407.jpg

Dreamed of a '57 Chevy with a big V8 as a teen in the 60s. Wonder what this one's worth in 2026?
 
Back