SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

image.jpg
20231211_143753.jpg

So many questions. For starters...

Q1. Are all of these houses with odd decorations out front in a particular district or neighborhood of Portland — perhaps an art district of some kind — or are they scattered throughout the city?

Q2. Are these displays a Portland tradition?

Q3. Do people compete on their front yard and porch decorations the way some compete on Christmas decorations?

So many questions. For starters...

Q1. Are all of these houses with odd decorations out front in a particular district or neighborhood of Portland — perhaps an art district of some kind — or are they scattered throughout the city?

Q2. Are these displays a Portland tradition?

Q3. Do people compete on their front yard and porch decorations the way some compete on Christmas decorations?
they are all over. I try different routes and find them. I have been seeing these little village displays popping up more. most of these places are oddballs in their neighborhoods.

they are all over. I try different routes and find them. I have been seeing these little village displays popping up more. most of these places are oddballs in their neighborhoods.
most of these places are "hoarders" in their neighborhoods...

This is in the area of some big ones. The Brazos river has lots of them. They are real thick in the Brazos Bend State Park. Great bike/hike trails that my three wheeler handles great and trails for mountain bikes that I can't. 4-5 footer in picture, but you see em much bigger ones almost yr round out there.View attachment 172439
So the gators within lunge distance of your trike were real??

There are plenty of watch for gater signs also. The state park has around 300 6'+ that They know of in 1000 acers of water, so seeing big ones pretty common.

Back