Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

Today's ride in the woods. Back to the same place where my friend's bike has quit the last two times while going up a fairly good grade. We have replaced the controller--the bike still quit at the same spot, and today tried out the new motor Rad sent to replace the old. and again the bike quit at the same place. Anyway, we got in some riding and the dogs got exercised. These are pictures from the east side of Warshington the State. The peaks shown are the North Cascades, zoomed in. Looks like it might get dark and stormy up that way.

Attachments

• DSCN2310.JPG
    DSCN2310.JPG
    304 KB · Views: 388
  • DSCN2311.JPG
    DSCN2311.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 385
  • DSCN2315.JPG
    DSCN2315.JPG
    291.9 KB · Views: 362
  • DSCN2316.JPG
    DSCN2316.JPG
    384.2 KB · Views: 365
@Cowlitz It's gotten quite dark and soggy in Bellingham, just west of those same mountains, over the past two hours. I got a good ride in the morning though.

My friend heard that snow might hit the high country this weekend. I have been snowed on every month of the year in our fair state so it would not be unusual.

Tomorrow I am hoping to saddle up the Gazelle and ride north, on pavement, until I turn south.

Today's ride in the woods. Back to the same place where my friend's bike has quit the last two times while going up a fairly good grade. We have replaced the controller--the bike still quit at the same spot, and today tried out the new motor Rad sent to replace the old. and again the bike quit at the same place. Anyway, we got in some riding and the dogs got exercised. These are pictures from the east side of Warshington the State. The peaks shown are the North Cascades, zoomed in. Looks like it might get dark and stormy up that way.
Hmmm... what's with the other bike quitting? Same assist level as you? Same bike?

Hmmm... what's with the other bike quitting? Same assist level as you? Same bike?

Same bike, different years so different battery. The problem bike is a 2018 Radmini. It first shut down last year when going up a steep, nasty road called Lone Frank Pass. We turned around and went back down the road. The second time was on a just about as bad road and also a pass. We again turned around. It happened this year on another, smoother grade. About a half mile up, the bike quit. She called Rad and they sent a new controller. We installed that, then returned to the last road and the bike quit again, at the same place. Rad sent a new rear wheel with motor. We put that on and tried it on our now a test road. It conked out at the same spot. This time we stopped for a couple of minutes, the bike turned on and we went on up. The rest of the road we rode on was not as steep.

I have a 2017 mini with a different style battery. It just chugs right along up the hills.

Oh, and we both were pedaling in second gear on the third and fourth power levels. Today was cooler than the previous days we tried the hill. The controller did not feel hot today. We have no idea but suspect they'll want to replace the battery next. The new motor is noisier than the original motor.

That is the conundrum. Her bike is now called, Lemonny.

Same bike, different years so different battery. The problem bike is a 2018 Radmini. It first shut down last year when going up a steep, nasty road called Lone Frank Pass. We turned around and went back down the road. The second time was on a just about as bad road and also a pass. We again turned around. It happened this year on another, smoother grade. About a half mile up, the bike quit. She called Rad and they sent a new controller. We installed that, then returned to the last road and the bike quit again, at the same place. Rad sent a new rear wheel with motor. We put that on and tried it on our now a test road. It conked out at the same spot. This time we stopped for a couple of minutes, the bike turned on and we went on up. The rest of the road we rode on was not as steep.

I have a 2017 mini with a different style battery. It just chugs right along up the hills.

Oh, and we both were pedaling in second gear on the third and fourth power levels. Today was cooler than the previous days we tried the hill. The controller did not feel hot today. We have no idea but suspect they'll want to replace the battery next. The new motor is noisier than the original motor.

That is the conundrum. Her bike is now called, Lemonny.
Dayum...
Sounds like a heat issue.

I will come back to this exact spot in a month and take that shot again when the trees are fully involved in an upstate Fall. It will be gorgeous.

Of course, in two months it will look like a Batman movie, gray and dull, but that’s for another thread.

Today 30 miles on paved roads with the new bike. I rode north and then crossed the Okanogan River and came back south. It was Bucky, Bully, and Bikey. I am happy with the new bike. It is more of a workout than the Rad, but the battery definitely has more distance and it is a smooth riding and comfy bike. I had a headwind on the way back, and also more car traffic so rode more in "sport". I still have three bars of power left--the Really Steep Hill up to my house sucked a great deal of battery power up.

Attachments

• DSCN2325.JPG
    DSCN2325.JPG
    317.9 KB · Views: 448
  • DSCN2329.JPG
    DSCN2329.JPG
    186.5 KB · Views: 477
  • DSCN2332.JPG
    DSCN2332.JPG
    231.1 KB · Views: 475
  • DSCN2333.JPG
    DSCN2333.JPG
    241.3 KB · Views: 446
  • DSCN2334.JPG
    DSCN2334.JPG
    213.8 KB · Views: 425
  • DSCN2324.JPG
    DSCN2324.JPG
    315 KB · Views: 425
100 bears? (Sound of bike going back on rack and all doors slamming)
They estimate that in BC there are between 120- 150,000 bears. Each year almost 1000 are shot. We keep building higher up into the mountains and then we shoot them when they eat our smorsgaboard of unsecured garbage. Maybe they should be eating us for encroaching on their land.

Back