Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

Last edited:
I watched it from Da Peninsula.
Repost.

Attachments

• 20221127_094614.jpg
    20221127_094614.jpg
    335.8 KB · Views: 105
  • 20221127_094518.jpg
    20221127_094518.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 101
Just a quick ride to test the new Conti Ruban tires in snow and slippery conditions.
Only got stopped once on a short hill I was unprepared for due to lack of experience in the snow.

I was extremely impressed with how well the tires performed. Obviously if there were extended periods of snow/ice here I'd look at getting studded tires, but so far that's been unnecessary.

Just a quick ride to test the new Conti Ruban tires in snow and slippery conditions.
Only got stopped once on a short hill I was unprepared for due to lack of experience in the snow.

I was extremely impressed with how well the tires performed. Obviously if there were extended periods of snow/ice here I'd look at getting studded tires, but so far that's been unnecessary.
Awesome. I heard that you folks received a dump a few days ago. I can imagine it wasn’t a pretty site on the 91 or the Metro area either. o_O

As for me, the days are getting shorter and with sunset around 4:30 pm, I’m all prepped to go for a night ride. 🔦

IMG_20221204_1553416.jpg

Awesome. I heard that you folks received a dump a few days ago. I can imagine it wasn’t a pretty site on the 91 or the Metro area either. o_O

As for me, the days are getting shorter and with sunset around 4:30 pm, I’m all prepped to go for a night ride. 🔦

View attachment 141698
It was farkin' mayhem I tells ya!🤣
Bridges closed, roads closed, and morons everywhere!
Yes, the municipalities might have been a tad slow on the draw, but people here are awesomely boneheaded in even a little bit of the white stuff.
Some people spent 8+ hours stuck in their car. Lol!

Wow, from the sunny streets of LA to the tropical clime of the Aloha State. :cool: Such a vast difference in comparison to the virtual ice box that we currently find ourselves in. Temperature here is a mind numbing -36C WC so no riding today. Even though the winter solstice hasn’t officially arrived, from a meteorologist’s POV, winter is definitely here. On a more positive note, the first snowy night ride of the season always conveys a sense of joy and wonderment.

GH010479 - frame at 2m28s.jpg

GX011824 - frame at 0m50s.jpg

Heritage Single.jpg

GH010482 - frame at 0m19s.jpg

GH010482 - frame at 2m50s.jpg

Wow, from the sunny streets of LA to the tropical clime of the Aloha State. :cool: Such a vast difference in comparison to the virtual ice box that we currently find ourselves in. Temperature here is a mind numbing -36C WC so no riding today. Even though the winter solstice hasn’t officially arrived, from a meteorologist’s POV, winter is definitely here. On a more positive note, the first snowy night ride of the season always conveys a sense of joy and wonderment.

View attachment 141830
View attachment 141831
View attachment 141832
View attachment 141833
View attachment 141834
Looks like fun!
I have yet to venture out in the dark of night.

Looks like fun!
I have yet to venture out in the dark of night.
It’s certainly can feel gratifying, Dave. Very few people ride during the winter season here and even fewer venture out at night. A bit of preparation goes a long way. Proper lighting, tires, clothing/outerwear can make winter night outings an enjoyable experience. However, I’ve given up riding when it dips below -15C. I learned the hard way last season when my brakes froze up when the mercury plunged to -30C. Fortunately, I was close enough to make it back home safely.

I suppose in your case, rain will always be the main component when it comes to precip out west. With that said, Tuesday’s snowstorm sure was a major wake up call for many BC communities ill prepared to deal with it. :(

It's looking a lot like Christmas over there.
Prairie Dog once again you inspired me to go riding at night to see Christmas Lights. There's an upscale neighborhood that is lavishly decorated with lights not far from Home. Past couple years the neighborhood was not lit, probably due to some flu that was going around.

It's looking a lot like Christmas over there.
Prairie Dog once again you inspired me to go riding at night to see Christmas Lights. There's an upscale neighborhood that is lavishly decorated with lights not far from Home.
I’ll say, several home owners in my neighborhood go to great lengths trimming their homes and properties in festive fashion. Two in particular, within a few blocks of each other, have a penchant for collecting vintage cars and putting them on display for all to see.

GH010489 - Dave's Vintage Garage.jpgGH010490 - frame at 0m57s.jpg

I’m somewhat of a Grinch myself as I don’t screw in a single bulb on the house. Been there, done that and falling off the roof or ladder at my age just isn’t worth it. I would rather admire everyone else’s decorated homes.

....the first snowy night ride of the season always conveys a sense of joy and wonderment.
The first 2 photos make the joy and wonderment part pretty clear. Serenity, too, I bet. I can just hear the crunching snow in the top photo, and the light and pattern in the next one are truly sublime.

It’s certainly can feel gratifying, Dave. Very few people ride during the winter season here and even fewer venture out at night. A bit of preparation goes a long way. Proper lighting, tires, clothing/outerwear can make winter night outings an enjoyable experience. However, I’ve given up riding when it dips below -15C. I learned the hard way last season when my brakes froze up when the mercury plunged to -30C. Fortunately, I was close enough to make it back home safely.

I suppose in your case, rain will always be the main component when it comes to precip out west. With that said, Tuesday’s snowstorm sure was a major wake up call for many BC communities ill prepared to deal with it. :(
-15 to -30 just seems outlandish here in this particular climate. People talk about different "kinds" of cold, but I've only ridden close to 0C here a couple of times.
I suppose it's likely that we are just not used to it/wimpy. Not sure. I certainly do know that the drivers here are utterly unprepared and somewhat dangerous.
And yes... I'm a "fair weather" rider to be sure... no rain for me.:)

-15 to -30 just seems outlandish here in this particular climate. People talk about different "kinds" of cold, but I've only ridden close to 0C here a couple of times.
I suppose it's likely that we are just not used to it/wimpy. Not sure. I certainly do know that the drivers here are utterly unprepared and somewhat dangerous.
And yes... I'm a "fair weather" rider to be sure... no rain for me.:)
I remember riding close to 0 back when I was younger I had clips back then I unclipped my left foot and a gust of wind blew me over to the right. we would be really lucky of we see 20 here now.

Back