Shift sensor disable?

I like lectric's. Owned 2. But if you do not understand their price points in bringing ebikes to the market, then you really do not understand ebikes and the marketing of Lectric. They are doing their best (said with respect) to get more people riding. Do not get offended when someone points out some of the obvious quirks of said ebike and the price point. Even Levi will acknowledge the price point and the what they are marketing towards.
I own a Surface604 Werk and a Frey CC. Just sold my Himiway Cruiser. Had 2 Lectric 1.0's. Ask me anything.
He didn't actually didn't point out a single quirk. Arent most ebikes Chinese crap cobbled together in different ways? He was wrong in his assumptions about my shift sensor telling me I didn't have one when indeed I do. He tried to tell me it was brake motor cutoffs which my bike has in addition to the shift sensor. He made it clear he thought my choice of ebikes was crap. I am 66 years old and refuse to take his crap or anybody elses. He won't even tell me what he rides that makes his choices so superior to mine. My wife and I are new to ebiking and our XPremiums ticked a lot if boxes for us. Hydraulic brakes. Mid drive. Step through frame. Not so important for me but my wife has early Parkinson's and needs the stepthrough. I can afford most any ebike I would want to buy but until you get started Lectric is a good start for us. They have been perfectly reliable and have great range and comfort. Will someone please tell me what the other bikes do that mine doesn't??
PS He might try saying he was wrong and that he is sorry like a grown man would do not the sanctimonious ass he made him self out to be. Rant mode off (for now) thanks for listening.
Maybe I picked the wrong forum to join, we'll see.

He didn't actually didn't point out a single quirk. Arent most ebikes Chinese crap cobbled together in different ways? He was wrong in his assumptions about my shift sensor telling me I didn't have one when indeed I do. He tried to tell me it was brake motor cutoffs which my bike has in addition to the shift sensor
no I told you that was what it said on lectric's webpage.

Shift Sensor​

A game-changing shift sensor detects movement in the brakes and temporarily cuts the motor output to protect your drivetrain and keep the ride smooth & controlled.

He didn't actually didn't point out a single quirk. Arent most ebikes Chinese crap cobbled together in different ways? He was wrong in his assumptions about my shift sensor telling me I didn't have one when indeed I do. He tried to tell me it was brake motor cutoffs which my bike has in addition to the shift sensor. He made it clear he thought my choice of ebikes was crap. I am 66 years old and refuse to take his crap or anybody elses. He won't even tell me what he rides that makes his choices so superior to mine. My wife and I are new to ebiking and our XPremiums ticked a lot if boxes for us. Hydraulic brakes. Mid drive. Step through frame. Not so important for me but my wife has early Parkinson's and needs the stepthrough. I can afford most any ebike I would want to buy but until you get started Lectric is a good start for us. They have been perfectly reliable and have great range and comfort. Will someone please tell me what the other bikes do that mine doesn't??
PS He might try saying he was wrong and that he is sorry like a grown man would do not the sanctimonious ass he made him self out to be. Rant mode off (for now) thanks for listening.
Maybe I picked the wrong forum to join, we'll see.
Why are you so angry and serious? People make mistakes and he did a good job of explaining himself. Let it go and let's figure out this question you asked. He did not mean to offend you. And if you really wanted to figure him out, click on his name and check out the posts he has made this whole time here on this forum. He explains clearly what he rides and he has no need to explain on demand what he rides when it is clearly outlined here because he is a "well known member". Learn to search someone before you attack.

Why are you so angry and serious? People make mistakes and he did a good job of explaining himself. Let it go and let's figure out this question you asked. He did not mean to offend you. And if you really wanted to figure him out, click on his name and check out the posts he has made this whole time here on this forum. He explains clearly what he rides and he has no need to explain on demand what he rides when it is clearly outlined here because he is a "well known member". Learn to search someone before you attack.
Attack? More like defend. For all he said he didn't have a single helpful suggestion. Not one. Reread his posts. Why would he answer a request for help when he had no suggestion or constructive input? None whatsover.

In post 6, I believe he does offer a possible solution to your problem….

Last edited by a moderator:
Attack? More like defend. For all he said he didn't have a single helpful suggestion. Not one. Reread his posts. Why would he answer a request for help when he had no suggestion or constructive input? None whatsover.
since nine f us know how lecrtic made the shift sensor not sure what you expect. most of them I have seen are attached to the shifter. or at least the cable somewhere.

Why dont you go back and read my posts and his responses. And you and your trike question calling me a dick? PedalUma seems to be the only decent person here and I thank him. Getting booted from this forum would be no great loss considering how I was treated on my first request for help. Obviously a fair share of members here think they are better than some new guy with a Lectric with a legit request for help. Pretty shitty of you Keith. Yeah I'm a dick.
I read them all.

At least you admit it.

Now step back and reread everything. There are gems to help you.

Pedaluma is a good guy. Knows things. But you singled out someone that was not so knowledgeable and you ATTACKED. Not him attacking you. You singled that out as an attack on you.

Try to be a part of the community you asked a question too without attacking when they disagree or may not understand. Do not get bent out of shape and take it personal if someone may say something wrong and then corrects themselves.
I take it personal when I see such ignorance. This forum is a great resource and you attacking it is not cool because you got offended without understanding the context.

since nine f us know how lecrtic made the shift sensor not sure what you expect. most of them I have seen are attached to the shifter. or at least the cable somewhere.
I told you numerous times that the shifter cable ran through it and even attached a picture. Sorry it wasnt hooked to the brakes... Its a shift sensor.

I told you numerous times that the shifter cable ran through it and even attached a picture. Sorry it wasnt hooked to the brakes... Its a shift sensor.
hard to tell what I was seeing. easy fix buy a new shift housing and replace it. then snip the housing around the sensor and leave it in place. tell lectric your sorry it was not hooked to the brakes ike they claimed.

Last edited:
what kind of bike
Any kind of entry bike is good. You are now in-the-game. Over time you can make refinements based on experiences and needs. Lower end bikes are more expensive in the long run. High-end bikes are proprietary. That too is pricy. You will find the balance for your wants and needs. Local service means a lot. Online bikes do not have it. High-end bikes need to ship motors off for service, with often twelve weeks of down time annually. I replaced a bare motor, step-down gear, and bearings, with a repack today, in one day on a mid-drive for a local client. Quick local service is everything.

Attachments

• Exploded TS.jpg
    Exploded TS.jpg
    377.3 KB · Views: 107
BMX, I would suggest taking a closer look at what you have.
First, I am not aware of any “mainstream“ mid-drive that has an external controller. Bosch, Shimano, Brose, and I’m pretty sure Bafang as well, have their motor controllers located within the motor housing. Do you know the manufacturer of the motor?
Next, of said mid-drives, none of them that I’m aware of have sensors that are hardwired directly to the motor. They typically have connectors or pigtails with connectors so the sensors can be more easily installed during manufacturing as well as be easily replaced if they fail. With that said, you may need to remove the motor to locate and gain access to the shift sensor connector.

Also, have you reached out to Electric for support? I’m sure they could offer some recommendations to help address your issue.

Last edited:
Brake housing?? What the F are you talking about? You are truly clueless arent you. If that was your feeble attempt at humor it may have worked with Keith. Not me
I mistyped too much brake talk from lectric. plus my 104 degree commmute and the rush to get back o the tandem with the wife I mistyped.

Last edited:
He hasnt corrected himself yet. Read his last post. How many times did I mention it was on the shifter cable. Stand with your good buddy and kick the effing new guy. Y'all have fun
yes we all know it is on the shifter cable. Lectric seems o think its on the brake according to their website.

BMX, I would suggest taking a closer look at what you have.
First, I am not aware of any “mainstream“ mid-drive that has an external controller. Bosch, Shimano, Brose, and I’m pretty sure Bafang as well, have their motor controllers located within the motor housing. Do you know the manufacturer of the motor?
Next, of said mid-drives, none of them that I’m aware of have sensors that are hardwired directly to the motor. They typically have connectors or pigtails with connectors so the sensors can be more easily installed during manufacturing as well as be easily replaced if they fail. With that said, you may need to remove the motor to locate and gain access to the shift sensor connector.

Also, have you reached out to Electric for support? I’m sure they could offer some recommendations to help address your issue.
Maybe what I'm assuming is the controller that i found is actually the battery equalizer for the two batteries. I'm not really having an issue, just wanted to try disabling the shift sensor as an experiment if you will. If I open the motor housing i void the warranty. I was just hoping for an easy unplug externally but it looks like no luck. Thanks for your time

The controller is in the lower end of the fold of the folding frame. Only battery and motor connections on the controller. 2 batteries. If i took out the sensor there would be about two inches or so of bare cable with no cable housing.
Think about that for a second? The cable housings will butt together when the sensor is taken away....

Maybe what I'm assuming is the controller that i found is actually the battery equalizer for the two batteries. I'm not really having an issue, just wanted to try disabling the shift sensor as an experiment if you will. If I open the motor housing i void the warranty. I was just hoping for an easy unplug externally but it looks like no luck. Thanks for your time
I’m not saying open the motor. There should be a connector for the sensor somewhere outside of the motor. You may need to remove the motor to locate and disconnect it. Again, I would be very surprised if the sensor was hardwired directly into the motor without an external connector.

To reiterate: Follow a brake lever cutout wire. It will lead to the Y of the shift sensor connection.

To reiterate: Follow a brake lever cutout wire. It will lead to the Y of the shift sensor connection.
There really are NO Wires coming into the sensor from above, only the shift cable, coming out of the lower end of the sensor is the other end of the cable and a sheathed wire that goes directly down below the mid drive and up into a hole into the mid drive unit. I just went out and unwrapped the wires coming down from the brake levers and found where the Y connection brought the brake cutoff wires together but there is no connection going to the shift sensor at all. That wire after the Y also goes down under and into the mid drive unit. If there is a connection it would have to be up inside and I see no way to access that without some disassembly. Thanks for your help

Back