ShareRoller V3, expansively described & illustrated here...

Jeff told me the mounts would be for the seperables units (at least at first) rather than all-in-one. They connect together for carrying, though. I actually prefer an all-in-one since the weight low over the front wheel on my folding bike is helpful, but I won't wait for that mount, I will probably stick the battery in a handlebar bag temporarily until that mount is available. I think he is focusing on the bottle cage style mounts initially and my bike just isn't suited to that. There are 2 cables attached to the side of the motor drive - one is the battery and I hope you are right that the 2d one is cadence sensor and not the throttle. The wireless throttle was a big design improvement, but I remember Jeff said it hadn't been certified by the manufacturer. If you look at the big "clothespin" clip on the handlebars it DOES look like there's a cable attached :-(.

Sure am hoping these materialize before summer ends - I just sold my car to a kid going off to college and he takes possession September 1st (after making his installment payments to me). Going car-free then, and the SR is a BIG part of my plan.

Yeah, as we get close to actual deployment this is looking a lot more complicated than the original vision. Those zip ties on the Townie's downtube in the pictures give me pause, as they contradict my longstanding impression of the SR as a quick-on-quick-off solution.

I'm still looking forward to trying it out, but hopefully there will be a generous trial period available with maybe a minor (5%?) restocking charge. This is going to be a pretty expensive unit with only 300Wh of battery so I need time to really decide if it's worth it versus a less expensive and more powerful permanent install.

Some people weren't happy with the appearance of the original SR, it was large and boxy, etc... I wonder if breaking out components was the answer. It's up to backers to decide if that was the best solution. The throttle clip shown in the previous page of this thread is a curious design to me. There are quick connect clamps used for Go Pro, lights and a host of other accessories that look a lot better and in some more secure than a spring clip.

Time will tell if users like it. One thing's for sure, the SR will get a lot of online scrutiny.

Yeah, as we get close to actual deployment this is looking a lot more complicated than the original vision. Those zip ties on the Townie's downtube in the pictures give me pause, as they contradict my longstanding impression of the SR as a quick-on-quick-off solution.

I'm still looking forward to trying it out, but hopefully there will be a generous trial period available with maybe a minor (5%?) restocking charge. This is going to be a pretty expensive unit with only 300Wh of battery so I need time to really decide if it's worth it versus a less expensive and more powerful permanent install.

Well, if you bought in as a backer, there are NO returns. That's the major point of crowdfunding. If you purchase from Jeff as a retail unit (higher price) then there probably will be some sort of guarantee.

Some people weren't happy with the appearance of the original SR, it was large and boxy, etc... I wonder if breaking out components was the answer. It's up to backers to decide if that was the best solution. The throttle clip shown in the previous page of this thread is a curious design to me. There are quick connect clamps used for Go Pro, lights and a host of other accessories that look a lot better and in some more secure than a spring clip.

Time will tell if users like it. One thing's for sure, the SR will get a lot of online scrutiny.

No matter what, I am sure the SR is going to please some folks and upset others. Hindsight is perfect and after this long delay, people will be picking it apart. Me...if it works more or less near stated range, and is reasonably durable, I will be happy. I don't care so much about the aesthetics, I am all about the function. Folks can mod it once they get it if they want. That's KS/IGG...products new to market for folks to play with. And, yes, Jeff has been "playing" with it for a long time but it's the stuff you don't see that will make this valuable - the belt tension adjustment system, etc.

I wasn't a backer - didn't find out about it until after funding was closed. Seems clear to me that Jeff & Co are planning on running this as a business far beyond fulfilling the original campaign orders, otherwise why be so exceedingly meticulous?

I'm hoping they are meticulous in designing their retail policies as well. I'd love to see this as a successful and thriving new company in the 'e-wheeled-stuff' space.

I wasn't a backer - didn't find out about it until after funding was closed. Seems clear to me that Jeff & Co are planning on running this as a business far beyond fulfilling the original campaign orders, otherwise why be so exceedingly meticulous?

I'm hoping they are meticulous in designing their retail policies as well. I'd love to see this as a successful and thriving new company in the 'e-wheeled-stuff' space.

Happy to see there is demand out there for SR even at retail. I really hope Jeff is highly successful; he's poured a lot into this, money and effort.

Another update including info about a new wireless PAS (Shipping now predicted for June 1st):

Hello ShareRoller Indiegogo backer:

A quick update on our progress over the past two months (including an exciting new enhancement!) and our latest expectations for delivery timing. First off, some key highlights:

1) Battery Packs: Our injection moulds for the battery casing are FINALLY done - here's a pic below of the first injection-molded samples being assembled and tested by our battery supplier - note the extruded aluminum handles and top-mounted battery gauge:

GKjv7qspQXifIZeIcYhvpdah_pB2CgJk-Z5wzfPLyGFwi-HHr0OkHNmb-CcQcNitMtfYVBsZFPtnSavomCYRuwCTb_O0QgtOQ7gJ6Scm7-YVJdChXtm0Fo04hXvIO-Z5SWF5r4STVZXA1wd6Hp3nUWuN66EoU-FjRtiRNg=s0-d-e1-ft

During testing, our supplier discovered a few small changes the mold requires, so it will be another week or two before we receive the final samples for approval, and when we can begin the UN38.3 testing. We will scramble to get that turned around as quickly as possible, and now expect pack production to begin in the first week of May and take two to three weeks to complete.

2) Wireless Throttle and Pedal Assist Sensor (PAS): We noticed some confusion surrounding our recently posted photoshoot teaser, so we first want to clarify that the throttle is indeed wireless as promised. BUT, we have some even better news: while you may have noticed the wired PAS sensors installed on the bikes in the photos, we are thrilled to announce that we will now be launching with a WIRELESS Pedal Assist Sensor!

When we launched ShareRoller, we were mainly focused on throttle operation, as that was most common in the US market at the time (and the only option for scooter usage). We offered a PAS option mainly for our EU customers who required it to comply with EU regulations. But once we started riding ShareRoller with PAS sensors, we realized it was a actually a fantastic riding experience - it's a true revelation to ride without worrying about controlling a throttle continuously, especially on longer rides. And having the throttle there to add extra power (or braking) whenever you need it (or if you just don't want to pedal) is the perfect combination.

Not only is PAS a great riding option, but more and more US states are now making PAS sensors a requirement for E-Bike usage. Here in NYC, E-Bikes were finally 'legalized' last week (hallelujah!), BUT with the requirement that they have PAS sensors. PAS is also now required in some Canadian provinces. And California's recent E-Bike legislation requires PAS for 'Class 3' E-Bikes that are permitted to reach 28mph. So PAS is starting to become a 'must-have' in our current E-Bike climate.

But we really didn't like having to install a PAS sensor on every bike (and some bikes were nearly impossible to fit). Plus dealing with cables and a connector in order to use it with the SR4 was less than ideal (even with the custom magnetic connector we spent LOTS of time designing and sourcing...). But try as we might, we could not find a single supplier of a wireless PAS sensor anywhere in the world! So we went ahead and developed our own...

It's a small, thin disc that mounts on the inside face of the crank arm, directly opposite the pedal. Inside is a sophisticated Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) paired with a microprocessor and Bluetooth BLE radio, a long-life rechargeable battery, a charge port, a switch, and a high-strength neodymium magnet. It's ultra-smart and ultra-simple to use, and the high-strength magnet enables you to simply snap it in place and go. You can install or remove it in about a second, so you can use it on every bike you own (plus bike share!). And when you're removing the SR4 from a bike, the PAS sensor attaches to the 'assembled-to-carry' SR4 magnetically (just like the throttle), so the 'lock/dock-remove-and-go' model is still effortless.

For those that purchased the 'Split-ring PAS sensor' option during the campaign, you're in for a great free upgrade. For everyone else, we will offer a significantly discounted purchase option for the new Wireless PAS prior to shipment of your SR4. Details and pics to come soon.

3) Photo/Video Shoots, Website Update, & Pre-Orders: We were almost ready to re-launch shareroller.com and open Pre-Orders last month, but the last-minute breakthrough on the Wireless PAS necessitated some re-shoots. Look for all that to happen in a couple more weeks.

4) Updated Delivery Estimate: Last, and certainly not least, when do we now expect to ship? The Battery Packs continue to be the 'last-in-line' component, and since pack production looks to be finished by the third or fourth week in May, we're going to estimate shipment by June 1st, and we think our margin of error on that estimate is a lot tighter than it's been in the past. We sincerely hope we are correct on that front, and that the long wait for your ShareRollers will soon be over.

Thank you again for your patience and support.

Jeff Guida & The ShareRoller Team

Another update with very good news:

I'm happy to report that we've finally begun producing ShareRollers! Here's what the final device looks like: a ShareRoller Mini Battery Pack + Motor Module + Wireless Throttle + Wireless PAS all snapped together for transport. Both the Wireless Throttle and PAS snap onto the Motor Module magnetically and are quite secure. We're also proud that the production Wireless Throttle and Wireless PAS ended up just as sleek as the renders we sent you previously.

JLkUrOeAP7QWl35M0TO8Ir9Z04Sj3MAmWWzb3wIpZx17wHVFW7IY4H7O-Rg3ZNX94pNIO7S5OQjaVUrElgz4TYsWizkyGMLZ03-somgoY8apNhJ5p94UR1aCVhfUrYDDSRrsW7VoBJXw1eXmHCMOgq_Gokb22XAZukHdwUeTPqmmlm1UmvYxKwm68x8CbA=s0-d-e1-ft

And here are some shots of just the Motor Module, with a number of subtle changes since we last showed it (read more about this below):

eU0V5QjEMVWz94DZTSbLk6QiPULAc-4glglJKtOH_9_yr18cAM_iRJ6DBL_s5k3WwjNS46t66rCK0xg1gR7GQtPZ8twOxWFoGlYXBeejUPdFoePKLmAzJspKmAHOmyRlvMvzMsRItN-D5JsA=s0-d-e1-ft

The first handful of production units serve the important task of 'debugging' the production process before we ramp up the volumes. And in building the first few, we did discover a few tweaks that needed addressing, primarily minor fit issues between the plastic enclosure and the electronics inside, as well as between the Motor Module and the injection molded Battery Pack.

The Motor Module design changes are already completed and ready for production 3D-printing (using ultra-tough Nylon), and the Battery Pack mold tweaks are in process as we speak, and we should be receiving updated Packs soon. Aside from that, UN38.3 testing for the Packs and FCC testing for the full device are the only remaining hurdles before we ramp up production volumes and begin shipments. So we're still a couple weeks away from getting volume production underway, but the finish line is in sight.

In the meantime, we will need final Accessory selections from all of our Backers so that we can manufacture accordingly. Please click through to the Google Form link below for more info and to make your choices:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...1c71ht_0H51QP4PK-cUK8n3g/viewform?usp=sf_link

And now for something fun, we're going to give away a free Wireless PAS sensor to the first Backer that can identify the 5 main changes that have been made to the ShareRoller Motor Module since we last sent photos. Or to the person who comes closest! Email your guesses to [email protected].

Finally, our long-awaited Pre-Order launch is indeed coming quite soon, so stay tuned.

I'm looking forward to seeing some videos of placing the motor and battery onto a bike and removing it. Assuming that the unit works and has reasonable distance range, the ease and time of doing that are still the key factors that will influence my buying decision.

I use my bike for short errands and want to use it for commuting. I'd still occasionally ride without the unit for exercise. But I need to know I can readily remove and carry the expensive part with me when I lock up my bike, and to bring it into the house or workplace for recharging.

Is it still as quick and easy as in the initial videos from years ago?

Brian

I'm wondering about noise levels, and looking forward to a re-launch of the site with some videos of the final product in action. Should be soon!

Latest update about the ShareRoller, now called OneMotor:

We have exciting news! At long last, we have officially LAUNCHED the all-new ShareRoller SR4, which we have rechristened:

ONEMOTOR

Once all final production 'polishing' was completed in August and remaining component production had begun, we (and our Investors) concluded that it was high time for us to offer ONEMOTOR Pre-Orders to the world beyond our Indiegogo family. We're ready for the next stage: turning ShareRoller into a Company that delivers thousands of ONEMOTORs a year to excited customers ready to transform their Personal Mobility experience.

So over the past 6 weeks, our team spent hundreds of hours conducting photo and video shoots, filtering and editing down thousands of images, and building what we think is one of the most informative product websites in our sector (and beyond). And it had to be, as ONEMOTOR is one of the most sophisticated and unbelievably versatile products in the E-Bike world to-date.

So have a look at all the glorious detail in our new website - we sincerely hope you love what you see!

https://onemotor.co/

And once you've seen the site, you'll probably not be surprised to hear that getting all of this done has taken way more of our team's time than we anticipated. And as you've likely read, surprise new US tariffs have recently come into effect, with batteries and motors among the groups targeted. As a result, we've had to do some 'rejiggering' of our supply chain in order to minimize the impact.

So on account of all this, we've had to shift our production plans from when we last wrote, and it's going to take us another month to get everything ready to start shipping. But please rest assured that delivering the very first batch of the groundbreaking ONEMOTOR to our original Backers is our overriding priority from here on out, and it is within sight.

Also, we have received most of the completed Google Forms from our Backers, but if any of you still have to complete/modify it, please do so as soon as possible. Also note that we've been able to lower some of the mount prices from the preliminary prices shown in the Form, so you will receive the newer pricing as per onemotor.co. We will be sending out Invoices for any additional funds owed next week.

Please let us know what you think of the new ONEMOTOR site, and feel free to reach out with any further questions on mounts and accessories.

Another update and another delay:

We hope you are all enjoying the Holiday Season. As you've likely guessed, things are moving more slowly than expected on our end, as our battery supplier had a surge in last-minute orders from customers trying to beat the Jan 1st tariff implementation. And as a small customer, we get pushed to the back of the line, so they now anticipate shipping our packs to us on Jan 15th.

However on the good news side, our custom Battery Chargers are finally done and we can share the first pics below. While using an off-the-shelf Charger would've been easier, faster, and cheaper, we really thought it critical to have these key features (and we hope you agree!):

Built-in RoPD Jack: Our magnetic Battery Pack connectors can now plug DIRECTLY into the charger. Not only is this slick and super-easy to use, but it also saves having to carry a 2nd bulky cable with the Charger (one cable for A/C, one cable to connect to the Battery). And since our Battery Pack already has a 2.5-ft long cable built in, it makes no sense to have a duplicate!

Automatic Charge Rate Selection: Our RoPD plugs are uniquely coded so that the Charger can detect whether a Compact or Extended Battery Pack is connected, and adjust the charging rate accordingly (2A for Compact, 4A for Extended). This way you can use ONE charger for all your Battery Packs, and there's never any worry about accidental over-charging.

iniEicf0YH1NycRSx1aWAFi_1gmEMAFjVtYctW5pZ8hxsTlU5ceuzO1HHJn7An1qhUZQB-neJLqkKxS_5jeRIMHyJgDnTMGmYKOMskklHAdLsk6GW78TlIESFE4mbRxsMNKW8VsHYMpTsWY=s0-d-e1-ft

The latest Battery Pack shipping schedule should allow us to begin your OneMotor shipments in the back half of January, though our production will ramp slowly over the first 1-2 months so it will take some time to fulfill all Indiegogo orders. We will ship NYC-area orders first, to ensure prompt feedback cycles for any new learnings from the first production units. Thereafter, shipping sequence will mirror Backer position.

Once your order is within a week of shipment, we will send out the Invoice for any additional funds from the Google Form accessories update. In the meantime, please feel free to reach out with any further questions.

And yet another update:

Good news: At long last we've received the first batch of battery packs and chargers. Our supplier managed to deliver a partial shipment prior to the Chinese New Year shutdown, and we now have 100 battery packs and chargers in stock and ready to ship and they look great. We expect to receive the next batch in another month. Here are some photos of the first batch in our space - after over two years of development and enormous amounts of engineering time and cost, we're incredibly excited to finally have them here!

-kMOO-hvoOAbdlbYGKHVreUCmNnggpLI1yRESdzJGQSVfeblCzCh6P9GE47iDojHGwdn8EhCH0pTk7xrh15u-NtmA2zNbJ2ryhe9MQNrxvmHQ5ngYihKaeXhOqCcp-_jhjG3YFebMMycbRPl=s0-d-e1-ft

pFRYKzfhBMgClbTnbxvvJcJGra8UFjvHc7phZwKssMc7GK9_HUExoO7MAWfmg1sslAnYt-J2vGZ4ZQzHi0VN6alcKFPlTi7TrreAw4dTLHW40UsZ-C-cPd0DXzNfWGqaEErgIcKJU5k_mD5HRQKF8AR1Dg=s0-d-e1-ft

Sorting out our 3D-printed plastics has taken us a lot longer than planned however. While our in-house Stratasys Fortus FDM 3D printer has been great for development and prototyping (it's ultra-fast for small builds and has phenomenal accuracy), the surface finish and part strength isn't quite good enough for production (we had to sand and paint all the parts used in our photoshoot). And the next step up machines approach $1 million in cost, so we have no choice but to outsource. As a result, we've tested multiple suppliers for both traditional SLS (Selective Laser Sintering) and the newest HP MJF (Multi-Jet Fusion) parts over the past several months. Btw, if you're not familiar with the latest HP MJF printers, do take a look as it's absolutely incredible tech:

We've been through multiple rounds of production samples and revisions with multiple suppliers, and had to push hard to get both the part accuracy and surface finish (and price!) that we required. Let's just say our vendors probably have us in the PITA customer category at this point. However, we've finally arrived at a fantastic solution with a US-based MJF part manufacturer that happens to be the biggest in the world. The parts are incredibly strong and have an amazing finish called Carbonite that has a quasi-titanium color. Here’s a pic of an unassembled OneMotor with Carbonite MJF samples showing how it looks with the black battery packs and blue motor belt - it really makes for a stunning combo!

sqUiAYhbSao_C0THZFAyuKFkQhhpRA1WYqa_OJMEJhscJubeQYi7rzmTumqPcZ11sL331uWa2O2N4t7YqehBmFJ7jjfwQymPdVYaER2csNGFt63h2W22BsVqlXo4m1TaDFW1KdvZsrQ4LnyvWbMkHWkPNGY_sA=s0-d-e1-ft

We validated final MJF production samples early this week and the supplier is now starting off with volume runs – they’re scheduled to get us our first production shipment next week, with subsequent batches following every week or two.

So we will begin final assembly next week once we receive the production MJF parts and then the only remaining ‘formality’ is our FCC certification, which is now scheduled for Wed 2/20. Thus, everything’s finally coming into place and we hope to start deliveries of the first few units the week of 2/25 or 3/4. As we mentioned before, production will ramp slowly so it will take 2-3 months before we can ship all units, however we're going to do all we can to ensure everyone receives their OneMotor by Spring.

Oh, and one other bit of news – we’ve recently developed a new mount for high-end road bikes, but it will fit any bike with external cup threaded bottom brackets (like Shimano Hollowtech) including mountain bikes. Here’s how it looks on a carbon fiber road bike we have in-house – really glad we were able to fit such a space-constrained platform! So if you happen to have a compatible road or mountain bike, perhaps something to think about…

S2aV_U6JVknNjR6l3ZDdAITb-m6y2mXO1EuxeJRkSe7A7kA4LsIAmnZsrLte8apVHUzGceCJ4VjZ4LrAJ-l3MtSeU2u9n7UGpNtGhLj0XNtc92zaT99w5yIqwSeWLbPCse1jqaPWJ9ys_bjhV-6rIQANpW6zSt5kIfv8iF0n1EvZ2z1Dh14I0HmVsoxrk0Q=s0-d-e1-ft

Once your order is within a week of shipment, we will send out the Invoice for any additional funds from the Google Form accessories update. In the meantime, please feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Back