Service and delivery problems: Solved?

Further update on service. Rasan called me within a few hours of my first call Monday morning when Juiced open regarding the shipment issue I had. He immediately sent me a return label, advised me if there were any pick-up fees by UPS to advise him and they would reimburse me, and confirmed via email the order of a new bike shipment.

Today UPS is picking up the wrong shipment at my house, and I just received confirmation regarding being reimbursed $10.13 for UPS pick-up fees. That's pretty darn great service so far.
Glad such an annoying problem is being handled forthwith.

So sorry to hear you received the wrong size. Disappointing. Do you have a large enough vehicle to drive there and pick up? My RCS is scheduled to arrive this Monday. I was originally going to pick it up to avoid any wrong color, size or damage but Juiced asked if I can have it shipped instead. I still wish I was picking it up. I can't wait until it arrives Monday and hope it's correct. I hope your situation gets resolved too. I know they sold a lot of bikes during Black Friday but they have to understand we are still customers who are spending thousands of dollars.

This is interesting. I am about an hour away by car from Juiced and was also thinking about ordering and picking up. Seems like a win-win situation. They don't have to pay $50 to ship a 70 pound bike box 60 miles and I don't have to incur any waiting time or shipping damage while also assuring that the bike I ordered is what I will be receiving. I do know from a background in sales that operations that are designed and streamlined for online sales and shipping sometimes don't do well with walk-in customers and I suspect that is the case here.

My RCS shipped from Chula Vista this time at noon, and I’m getting it tomorrow! Keeping my fingers crossed it’s the right size and everything in it is is good shape. Juiced has been very responsive.

This is interesting. I am about an hour away by car from Juiced and was also thinking about ordering and picking up. Seems like a win-win situation. They don't have to pay $50 to ship a 70 pound bike box 60 miles and I don't have to incur any waiting time or shipping damage while also assuring that the bike I ordered is what I will be receiving. I do know from a background in sales that operations that are designed and streamlined for online sales and shipping sometimes don't do well with walk-in customers and I suspect that is the case here.

Living that close I would do a pick up. My RCS arrived Monday and it was in perfect condition as far as no scratches or dings. It was really packaged well. However it was missing the rear rack and the battery. I called Juiced and they very sorry and asked I send an email and would follow up in 24 - 48 hours. I sent the email and followed up with a call because bike is useless without battery and I was so eager to ride. They again were very sorry, pulled my email and told me they would get my battery out same day. They did, but chose 3 day delivery. I would've paid any amount to have it over nighted - I want to ride my bike. Still waiting for rack to be shipped. I think Juiced sold a lot of bikes over Black Friday and are trying really hard to keep customers happy and I can tell they were very sorry and disappointed that I was missing parts. We all make mistakes and I am giving Juiced a pass because they truly have been exceptional responding to me and assuring me they will get me by rack too. I'm very new to ebikes and of course not been on mine but it looks and feels super solid and I know once battery arrives will have years of enjoyment and feel that Juiced will be a great partner and there for me when needed. I see the missing parts as a simple fix for them too - having and packing a checklist of what needs to go in the box.

Bought two bikes, RCS & Hyperfat 1100. RCS was here in Washington and came within two days. Hyperfat showed up a week later and was hanging out of the box. It looked like to was dragged up here behind the delivery truck. (not Juice's fault)

* First the RCS... Went together fine, no issues except some loose spokes, and where the hub drive wires exit the hub, the proactive cover was off and away from where it lands by about an inch. I moved it back over the hollow axle end and bedded it in Permatex 82194. This material will waterproof and add rigidity to this 90 degree bend location.

* The Hyperfat 1100. General damage done by shipping included finish damage nick and gouges, a pinched rear tire as it was acting as shipping protection for the bike as it was riding bare through the bottom of the box. (The need to add double bottoms to the box) The bottom of forks were riding bare on the bottom bare on the ground too.

So... I contâcted Juiced and immediately file a claim, take over a dozen photos,, set up a photo site and send the link to Juiced. To their credit, they want to ship me a new bike, and have this damaged one shipped back. Well, I'm a 45 yr marine mechanic so there's nothing on a e-bike I can't handle on my own. There was no structural damage so I offered Juiced to not spend all that money exchanging bikes. They were quite happy to accept my offer.

This is where my experience with Juiced turn to sour "juice".

All I asked for in exchange was for them to ship me two new tires and that was all. Think about it... Two new tires in exchange for me keeping the bike and dealing with the damage myself rather than them incurring cost of shipping back and forth on two bikes. Yet, it took them Three Weeks to get me tires. On top of that I purchased, and ordered a rear hub wrench, and a fender/rack set which again took about a month to receive, and then they sent the same two items again!

I like the bikes, and I like the build. The price was fair but...

The after sales service was slow and patronizing. Lots of excuses, lots of apologizing, but very slow on action. That leaves their excuses and apologies sounding hollow.

I believe their management in these depths mentioned lack the experience, and the maturity it takes to handle such a diversity of tasks as after sales service.

I couldn't imagine being a person who has no mechanical/tech experience and buying a factory direct bike. At the very least such a person will have to incur the cost of having it commissioned by a bike shop. Then what about warranty work for the not so handy bike owner? They'll have to incur the cost of labor to repair/exchange parts? Hmmmm...

Last edited:
Bought two bikes, RCS & Hyperfat 1100. RCS was here in Washington and came within two days. Hyperfat showed up a week later and was hanging out of the box. It looked like to was dragged up here behind the delivery truck. (not Juice's fault)

* First the RCS... Went together fine, no issues except some loose spokes, and where the hub drive wires exit the hub, the proactive cover was off and away from where it lands by about an inch. I moved it back over the hollow axle end and bedded it in Permatex 82194. This material will waterproof and add rigidity to this 90 degree bend location.

* The Hyperfat 1100. General damage done by shipping included finish damage nick and gouges, a pinched rear tire as it was acting as shipping protection for the bike as it was riding bare through the bottom of the box. (The need to add double bottoms to the box) The bottom of forks were riding bare on the bottom bare on the ground too.

So... I contâcted Juiced and immediately file a claim, take over a dozen photos,, set up a photo site and send the link to Juiced. To their credit, they want to ship me a new bike, and have this damaged one shipped back. Well, I'm a 45 yr marine mechanic so there's nothing on a e-bike I can't handle on my own. There was no structural damage so I offered Juiced to not spend all that money exchanging bikes. They were quite happy to accept my offer.

All I asked for in exchange was for them to ship me two new tires and that was all. Think about it... Two new tires in exchange for me keeping the bike and dealing with the damage myself rather than them incurring cost of shipping back and forth on two bikes. Yet, it took them Three Weeks to get me tires. On top of that I purchased, and ordered a rear hub wrench, and a fender/rack set which again took about a month to receive, and then they sent the same two items again!

The after sales service was slow and patronizing. Lots of excuses, lots of apologizing, but very slow on action. That leaves their excuses and apologies sounding hollow.

I believe their management in these depths mentioned lack the experience, and the maturity it takes to handle such a diversity of tasks as after sales service.

I couldn't imagine being a person who has no mechanical/tech experience and buying a factory direct bike. At the very least such a person will have to incur the cost of having it commissioned by a bike shop. Then what about warranty work for the not so handy bike owner? They'll have to incur the cost of labor to repair/exchange parts? Hmmmm...
Maybe you shoulda taken them up on the complete replacement offer? They're set up to ship bikes; specific bits and pieces, not so much. Still, having accepted your generous offer, prompt follow through without cheesy excuses would have been a whole lot better. I hope it all gets sorted and you fly into the New Year on two fine vehicles.

Last edited:

I've had a similar experience. Juieced seems to have focused on products, which is not a bad thing when you're starting up. But at some point, they need to realize that customers need and expect problem solvers throughout the company. Right now, customers with no issues are maybe 95% satisfied with their bikes; customers with issues, a lot less. For me, I've been off the road over a month with an issue which could have been corrected in a couple of days. I'm actually looking forward to the warranty expiring, so I can just fix things myself!

Further update, unfortunately the 2nd RCS that Juiced sent me and was due to arrive December 6th, never reached my house. UPS seems to have lost the bike and they have initiated an investigation. I spoke to Alejandra from Juiced this morning and she's on top of it and will contact UPS shipping and me hopefully before noon. I'll keep you all posted. It's unfortunate, but this 2nd shipment is in no way Juiced Bikes fault. I can tell from the tracking they shipped it out on December 5th from Chula Vista and it was scanned for arrival in the City of Bell which is in Los Angeles County, but that is where the shipment got lost.

Further update, unfortunately the 2nd RCS that Juiced sent me and was due to arrive December 6th, never reached my house. UPS seems to have lost the bike and they have initiated an investigation. I spoke to Alejandra from Juiced this morning and she's on top of it and will contact UPS shipping and me hopefully before noon. I'll keep you all posted. It's unfortunate, but this 2nd shipment is in no way Juiced Bikes fault. I can tell from the tracking they shipped it out on December 5th from Chula Vista and it was scanned for arrival in the City of Bell which is in Los Angeles County, but that is where the shipment got lost.
Aw geez.

Just received a call back from Alejandra from Juiced. She advised due to UPS's mistake and their investigation taking normally 8 to 10 days, Juice would normally wait until the investigation is complete before shipping a new bike. However, because of the issues I've had they are shipping it out tomorrow from Chula Vista prior to the end of UPS's investigation. Keeping my fingers crossed I get the bike in perfect condition early this week. Their service has been very responsive, understanding, and sympathetic.

Just received a call back from Alejandra from Juiced. She advised due to UPS's mistake and their investigation taking normally 8 to 10 days, Juice would normally wait until the investigation is complete before shipping a new bike. However, because of the issues I've had they are shipping it out tomorrow from Chula Vista prior to the end of UPS's investigation. Keeping my fingers crossed I get the bike in perfect condition early this week. Their service has been very responsive, understanding, and sympathetic.

That's awesome news! Very comforting to hear that.

Like you, I'm in SoCal so UPS shipments from Juiced are only one day away. Shipping another bike is a good move - the last time I had UPS lose an expensive piece of electronics it was two Dynaudio Studio Monitors and when they eventually did arrive it was a scary sight! Boxes were torn to bits and both monitors had broken corners and one speaker was punctured!

I'm glad they decided to move ahead. Who knows how long the investigation would take? This will get you on your bike pronto. Thanks for letting us know the resolution. Looking forward to photos!

Thanks f

Thanks for posting that, people usually only post about negative experiences. WAY TO GO JUICED!!!

Yes! Finally got my RCS! Slight damage to the box resulting in a scratch on the fork and missing a rack, but after the 3rd shipment I’m just glad it’s the right size and color and works perfectly! Took an hour to put together only because I took my sweet time with it and I immediate took the rear fender off. Now just waiting for some accessories I plan on adding. I purchased a Brooks sprung saddle, thinking of getting Hafny mirrors.

Attachments

• BF7297FF-2379-46A8-8995-EE9C1D7C4903.jpeg
    BF7297FF-2379-46A8-8995-EE9C1D7C4903.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 344
Yes! Finally got my RCS! Slight damage to the box resulting in a scratch on the fork and missing a rack, but after the 3rd shipment I’m just glad it’s the right size and color and works perfectly! Took an hour to put together only because I took my sweet time with it and I immediate took the rear fender off. Now just waiting for some accessories I plan on adding. I purchased a Brooks sprung saddle, thinking of getting Hafny mirrors.

Congratulations! Once you start riding and experience how great it is you will forget the wait. Just so you know took about a week for Juiced to ship out the rack after mine was missing too - if you have not done so, just email and let them know. I love my RCS. Are you going to leave the fender on front off too? Enjoy your new ride!

Yes I plan on riding with no fenders. Live in Los Angeles and it hardly rains here, even if it ever did I wouldn’t be riding it then anyways. I feel like such a little kid at Christmas.

Great to hear you received it! Kind of bummed to see they forgot the rack. Seems like kind of a large check-off item that would be hard to miss if they did just a simple inventory before closing it up. I just watched a video of an unboxing of a Juiced bike. The poor guy ordered a Large Black and received a Medium Red or something along those lines. He boxed it back up, returned it and waited for the replacement bike. Worst unboxing video ever!

Glad to see you run without fenders. I'm in SoCal too and there's just no reason for them here. They rattle, rub on the tires, and to me they interfere with the clean look of the bike. My first step will be to put the front fender into storage and my next step will be to remove the rear fender before putting on the rack - if it's in the box. LOL

Can't wait to see your initial thoughts on this bike.

Some thoughts on the value of Fenders:
Although fenders are a struggle to adjust. Installed and adjusted correctly they are extremely beneficial. Fenders are a big help for the rider to stay cleaner and perhaps more importantly they help the bike stay cleaner. Even when it seldom rains, one will often encounter fluids and debris of different types puddled along the way. Fender adjustments techniques are not well illustrated in instruction manuals.
Juiced has a decent video for installing a fender on the front fork:
Some other assembly videos for the CCX: https://www.juicedbikes.com/pages/ccx-setup
Other Juiced videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVmgNxoidKZ_trOFUadT6Yg/videos
Gee, I'm thinking I should get some compensation from Juiced -like an XL T-shirt (hint-hint)...

Last edited:
I would agree with you on fenders for most people. Down here in Southern California it's a different world as far as weather and general upkeep of bike paths and the roads. I have something like 50,000 miles on road bikes down here over the past decade and of course my road bikes do not have fenders. I have never noticed much dirt or grime accumulating and simple maintenance has worked well to keep my bikes running.

I run Continental GP4000s (700x23) and have exactly one flat in ten years and 50,000 miles. Maybe I'm fortunate but I think the quality of our roads and paths has more to do with it.

I do have another town bike with fenders and a rack and the front fender does occasionally rub on the tire and I have to hop off and adjust it. It's not an expensive bike and I probably should adjust it once and for all instead of tinker with it when it acts up.

I think those Marathon Plus tires on the CCX should be pretty much bullet-proof down here.

Now if they could only get that darn Brushed Aluminum in stock in an XL I could place an order!

Back