Service and delivery problems: Solved?

What made the brushed aluminum so likeable on the website was it had a tan/copper hue in it. Above picture is way different then the color shown on the website. Nothing taken from pic above but I would not have chosen a pure brushed aluminum as that bike is. Wonder why they're so different.

What made the brushed aluminum so likeable on the website was it had a tan/copper hue in it. Above picture is way different then the color shown on the website. Nothing taken from pic above but I would not have chosen a pure brushed aluminum as that bike is. Wonder why they're so different.

Yep, it's the lighting. Looks like flash was used on that particular picture and it's indoors. If you Google Juiced Brush Aluminum Cross Current and go to Images you'll get all kinds of pictures indoors, outdoors, night, day, etc. They all look very nice to me. They remind me of the old Titanium bikes put out years ago.

I have two other black bikes and I don't like red personally. My choices were limited.

I was very pleased to get the CCX in brushed aluminum, it was a deal-maker for me. My last ebike, the EG Zurich had the same long lasting finish.
Yes, there is no chain-keeper on my CCX.

You guys aren't losing your chain on the CCX are you? Maybe it's not really necessary on this bike.

Haven't fully dropped a chain, but have felt it jump briefly. Going to swap to a narrow wide chainring I was using on the CC so I won't need the chainkeeper, but after paying $2200 for the CCX I'd like to get everything it was advertised as coming with.

Haven't fully dropped a chain, but have felt it jump briefly. Going to swap to a narrow wide chainring I was using on the CC so I won't need the chainkeeper, but after paying $2200 for the CCX I'd like to get everything it was advertised as coming with.
I had not noticed any advertisement listing or showing the "chainkeeper" as a component sold with the CCX. Can you put up a link to the ad copy?

Well original order date was Nov 26th. Due to the Black Friday sale orders were pushed back a bit (quoted 7-14 days to ship on the site), my order did eventually ship on Dec 12th so 16 days later. I guess 12 business days so no complaints there. Original shipping said I’d receive it on Dec 19th. Luckily it came a day earlier.

Now unfortunately it looks like it was packed well, but I guess it had a rough ride this past week. Some how the rear rack was bent enough to have the rear fender rub up against the wheel. Kind of sucks since I work part time as a courier and the rack is useful so I’ll have to try to bend it back to shape. Besides that everything looks fine for $2200. I’ll have to see how well the range is but with pedal assist I feel like I should have no problems since I regularly use a fixed gear bike doing 20-40 miles a day depending on how much I’m working.

Attached is the rack, as you can see it’s bent towards the right which kind of pushes the fender towards the left and into the wheel.

Attachments

• CC3ADBDA-54D0-4D1B-A63A-1F389139498B.jpeg
    CC3ADBDA-54D0-4D1B-A63A-1F389139498B.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 391
...I guess it had a rough ride this past week. Some how the rear rack was bent enough to have the rear fender rub up against the wheel. Kind of sucks since I work part time as a courier and the rack is useful so I’ll have to try to bend it back to shape. Besides that everything looks fine for $2200. I’ll have to see how well the range is but with pedal assist I feel like I should have no problems since I regularly use a fixed gear bike doing 20-40 miles a day depending on how much I’m working....

Jake, You can fix that situation.
My rack came mounted identically to yours. On my bike, the rack posts were bent most likely from mishandling in Manufacturing and/or Assembly -NOT Shipping!

views of the rack "after re-work":
100_3491.JPG100_3498.JPG

Here are 5 steps (and a couple of hours) I took to correct the situation:

1) I removed the rack (this was tricky because a fender clip is attached to the rack, -positioned behind the tail light) The taillight had to be removed to reach the bolt for the fender clip.
2) Next was re-positioning the rack stay mounting posts to their longest lengths -installing the bolts in lowest of 3 mounting holes (see photos). They came originally set to the middle length hole.
100_3488.JPG 100_3494.JPG
3) With the rack off the bike, I used a small pry-bar to straighten and square-up the rack.
4) Next was aligning the fender by adjusting the fender stays and fender clip mounted at the bike's frame (behind the seat post). I adjusted these items to allow for maximum clearance between the fender and the rear tire.
100_3495.JPG
5) Re-installing the rack involved re-attaching two mounting screws (upper seat stay bolt holes near the seat post), and re-attaching the lengthened rack stays (re-attaching the fender stays to the lengthened rack stays -at the lower chain stay mounting lugs.) Finally, re-attaching the fender clip to the rear rack and re-attaching the taillight.
100_3496.JPG100_3498.JPG

Last edited:
...Attached is the rack, as you can see it’s bent towards the right which kind of pushes the fender towards the left and into the wheel.
Jake, that photo looks exactly like the way my rear fender stays were installed. Your fender stay clips are misaligned. They should mounted parallel -opposite one another on the fender. There are tiny PITA screws on the inside of the two fender stay clips. Once those screws are loosened you will be able to slide the clips along the fender and align them correctly.

Mounted correctly, they should look more like the alignment in the photo of my rear fender:
100_3486.JPG

Last edited:
Jake, that photo looks exactly like the way my rear fender stays were installed. Your fender stay clips are misaligned. They should mounted parallel -opposite one another on the fender. There are tiny PITA screws on the inside of the two fender stay clips. Once those screws are loosened you will be able to slide the clips along the fender and align them correctly.

Mounted correctly, they should look more like the alignment in the photo of my rear fender:
Yeah, I was hoping it was just the fender clips that were misaligned but you can see the rack is totally bent if you see the rear light in my attached photo. The fender mount right under the light is angled towards the left and that’s when I realized the rack was totally bent.

I really appreciate the detailed fix guide though. I’ve only owned single geared bikes (BMX and fixed gears) and they require minimal maintenance and I live in an apt so no real room for real tools. I don’t know if me bending it by hand would damage it more then it is but Juiced was quick to reply and said they’d send me a replacement. I’m very tempted to try to fix it up myself but I also have a rear rack I can mount from my other bike temporarily but it won’t have the fender mounts.

It’s not really a major problem since it seems the locking skewers and seat post clamp I ordered got stolen. I guess I won’t be riding it right now haha.

Yeah, I was hoping it was just the fender clips that were misaligned but you can see the rack is totally bent if you see the rear light in my attached photo. The fender mount right under the light is angled towards the left and that’s when I realized the rack was totally bent.

I really appreciate the detailed fix guide though. I’ve only owned single geared bikes (BMX and fixed gears) and they require minimal maintenance and I live in an apt so no real room for real tools. I don’t know if me bending it by hand would damage it more then it is but Juiced was quick to reply and said they’d send me a replacement. I’m very tempted to try to fix it up myself but I also have a rear rack I can mount from my other bike temporarily but it won’t have the fender mounts.

It’s not really a major problem since it seems the locking skewers and seat post clamp I ordered got stolen. I guess I won’t be riding it right now haha.
Just a temporary drag, Jake. In no time all can be sublime...
It is immediately possible to simply remove the rack and then realign the fender. Later, when you receive the replacement rack it should be a simple matter to install. Please keep us informed on how it finally works out.

Last edited:
Just a temporary drag, Jake. In no time all can be sublime...
It is immediately possible to simply remove the rack and then realign the fender. Later, when you receive the replacement rack it should be a simple matter to install. Please keep us informed on how it finally works out.

I was able to remove the rear rack and attempt to straighten it but it's still a bit off. I did take the bike for a ride and it was pretty good honestly. I doubt the throttle is even necessary on this! Eco and mode 1 both provide more than enough of a boost for me. Beyond that I barely have to do work haha.

I'd probably need to make a few changes, maybe a shorter bar since bike lanes seem to equal standing lanes for cars here and I often have to weave around them. That and I still need the locking skewers, but besides that it seems great. I can definitely see the benefits of using this for a few hours to work and after a month or so it'll pay itself off!

I have not experienced chain-drop as an issue, and don't expect there will be any issue. This bike shifts smoothly and reliably.
I've had chain drop, maybe five times in >2000 miles. Easy to re-position and get back on the road, and not enough of a hassle to worry myself about. YMMV.

Well original order date was Nov 26th. Due to the Black Friday sale orders were pushed back a bit (quoted 7-14 days to ship on the site), my order did eventually ship on Dec 12th so 16 days later. I guess 12 business days so no complaints there. Original shipping said I’d receive it on Dec 19th. Luckily it came a day earlier.

Now unfortunately it looks like it was packed well, but I guess it had a rough ride this past week. Some how the rear rack was bent enough to have the rear fender rub up against the wheel. Kind of sucks since I work part time as a courier and the rack is useful so I’ll have to try to bend it back to shape. Besides that everything looks fine for $2200. I’ll have to see how well the range is but with pedal assist I feel like I should have no problems since I regularly use a fixed gear bike doing 20-40 miles a day depending on how much I’m working.

Attached is the rack, as you can see it’s bent towards the right which kind of pushes the fender towards the left and into the wheel.
Oh man, that sucks.

BTW I was a bike messenger in the 70s, in San Francisco. Radio-dispatched, single speed, balloon tires - the company wanted ratty bikes that wouldn't get stolen when we were inside making a delivery. We never locked them up. Never lost one. Special-T Delivery, Rider #13. Loved every day of it!

Back