Service and delivery problems: Solved?

I would agree with you on fenders for most people. Down here in Southern California it's a different world as far as weather and general upkeep of bike paths and the roads. I have something like 50,000 miles on road bikes down here over the past decade and of course my road bikes do not have fenders. I have never noticed much dirt or grime accumulating and simple maintenance has worked well to keep my bikes running.

I run Continental GP4000s (700x23) and have exactly one flat in ten years and 50,000 miles. Maybe I'm fortunate but I think the quality of our roads and paths has more to do with it.

I do have another town bike with fenders and a rack and the front fender does occasionally rub on the tire and I have to hop off and adjust it. It's not an expensive bike and I probably should adjust it once and for all instead of tinker with it when it acts up.

I think those Marathon Plus tires on the CCX should be pretty much bullet-proof down here.

Now if they could only get that darn Brushed Aluminum in stock in an XL I could place an order!

Are they planning on producing the brushed aluminum again? It was my impression they wouldn't be produced again although I don't know why I think that. They do cost more to produce, there was a video somewhere showing the extra work involved.

Are they planning on producing the brushed aluminum again? It was my impression they wouldn't be produced again although I don't know why I think that. They do cost more to produce, there was a video somewhere showing the extra work involved.

Wow. Thanks for this information. I never heard that. Matte Black here I come....(I'll wait for somebody to confirm first though...)

Wow. Thanks for this information. I never heard that. Matte Black here I come....(I'll wait for somebody to confirm first though...)

Yes, don't take my word for it. I have a CCS brushed aluminum I purchased in Canada and I was told they wouldn't be available again on any bikes. There was a video showing all the extra labour involved in producing the brushed aluminum and it is very time consuming as I recall. When the CC first came out the brushed aluminum was an option.

Yes, don't take my word for it. I have a CCS brushed aluminum I purchased in Canada and I was told they wouldn't be available again on any bikes. There was a video showing all the extra labour involved in producing the brushed aluminum and it is very time consuming as I recall. When the CC first came out the brushed aluminum was an option.
Yes! I remember one of the ebike companies offering the brushed alum finish option for +$100...
100_3476.JPG The CCX looks great in brushed Aluminum.

How tall are you? I am 6" and thought I would want to go XL on RCS but I spoke to the people at Juiced and they said I should go with large. I am so glad I did, it's a perfect fit. Just asking because they still have size large available in aluminum in both the CCX and RCS.

How tall are you? I am 6" and thought I would want to go XL on RCS but I spoke to the people at Juiced and they said I should go with large. I am so glad I did, it's a perfect fit. Just asking because they still have size large available in aluminum in both the CCX and RCS.

6'2 with very long legs. I've never had a mountain bike in less than a 21" size and the Juiced XL is 20". I don't think it would work for me. Thanks for the reply though!

6'2 with very long legs. I've never had a mountain bike in less than a 21" size and the Juiced XL is 20". I don't think it would work for me. Thanks for the reply though!

Are you waiting for an XL brushed? Did you confirm with Juiced some are or will be on the way? I'm 6'2" with a 34" inseem and a L is perfect for me.

Are you waiting for an XL brushed? Did you confirm with Juiced some are or will be on the way? I'm 6'2" with a 34" inseem and a L is perfect for me.

I am.

I contacted Juice. The new inventory is on the water and expected the first week of January. My road bikes are all 60cm frames. I don't think I could fit an 18" frame well.

I am.

I contacted Juice. The new inventory is on the water and expected the first week of January. My road bikes are all 60cm frames. I don't think I could fit an 18" frame well.

The only difference between all three sizes is the length of the seat tube, which just determines the standover height (OK, also the minimum seat height as well). All that really changes is the angle of the top tube and seat stays. So the effective top tube length is the same for M, L, and XL. I measure it right at 60 cm.

I'm 6'0 and usually ride a 58 cm road bike. All I had to do to get comfortable was swap to a slightly longer, slightly angled downward stem.

The only difference between all three sizes is the length of the seat tube, which just determines the standover height (OK, also the minimum seat height as well). All that really changes is the angle of the top tube and seat stays. So the effective top tube length is the same for M, L, and XL. I measure it right at 60 cm.

I'm 6'0 and usually ride a 58 cm road bike. All I had to do to get comfortable was swap to a slightly longer, slightly angled downward stem.

Oh you guys are really tempting me into ordering that in-stock Large Brushed Aluminum instead of waiting three weeks! I noticed on the First Ride CCX video in China somebody asked Tora what size he was riding in the video and he said it was a Large. He said he normally rides an XL but this bike was fine for him. Interesting because he's a little taller than me from what I recall. Something like 6'3. Maybe I'll see about heading down to Chula Vista and trying a couple of them and if it works, just purchase it on the spot!

Thanks again for all this feedback. I am extremely ready to get on one of these bikes!

Oh you guys are really tempting me into ordering that in-stock Large Brushed Aluminum instead of waiting three weeks! I noticed on the First Ride CCX video in China somebody asked Tora what size he was riding in the video and he said it was a Large. He said he normally rides an XL but this bike was fine for him. Interesting because he's a little taller than me from what I recall. Something like 6'3. Maybe I'll see about heading down to Chula Vista and trying a couple of them and if it works, just purchase it on the spot!

Thanks again for all this feedback. I am extremely ready to get on one of these bikes!

The whole Juiced community is on edge, the anticipation is unbearable, we're waiting for your next move.......will he or won't he....that is the question.

"The whole Juiced community is on edge"

All four of us....lol...

Are you considering other bikes? I always have a few on my list and usually make my decisions late at night when I'm in bed and should be sleeping, the later at night it is the more I regret them the next day.

You bet. Looked at the Specialized Vado until I researched more and more. Too small of a motor. Researched mid vs hub drives. Looked at Pedego. Rode one in Hawaii (my only time on an eBike) and loved it but read so much about the Cruiser-style ride, lack of power and poor placement of the batter pack (high and in the rear). Looked at the Rad bikes, Vanmoof (Good Lord those are beautiful) and Faraday (gone!). I do like the Trek Super Commuter and of course the Stromers look so beautiful but the price for what you get seems a little much.

Juiced kind of hit all the salient points for me personally. Great value for money. Great power. Close to my home (hour drive). Passionate owner and passionate user base. Many online videos of both positive and critical aspects of ownership. I like the look - which helps a lot!

There's a vlogger that that posts a lot on the Juiced bikes and he passes by my community on every one of his videos. I will be riding those same roads. Same underpass hills, same long stretches, same adjoining roads connecting the paths. It really gives me some help on how this exact bike will perform on my exact paths.

There are things I don't like about Juiced. Lack of customer support bothered me a bit but looks to be remedied/improving. I was concerned about reliability and "cheap parts bin" components from China but after reading a lot a huge amount of frames come from those same factories. Hell, all of Apple's stuff is made in China and as long as ownership is on top of things the quality is great. Tora seems to be over there a lot and managing every aspect of the business.

It's a bit of a leap of faith. I'm loyal to Cannondale. Have had almost every flavor of their bikes for the past 35 years. I looked at their eBikes and nothing interested me. I ride an aluminum CAAD12 now and have for the past decade. The harsh ride others complain about does not affect me for some reason. I'm not at all concerned about a harsh ride on the Cross Current S. Can't be worse than a non-suspension aluminum CAAD12 with 700x23c tires at 120psi!

All I need is the right size and I'm golden.

The only difference between all three sizes is the length of the seat tube, which just determines the standover height (OK, also the minimum seat height as well).

Where are you seeing the ETT is the same on all three frame sizes? Typically the ETT/top tube gets longer with larger frame sizes although I don’t see that spec listed on their site. In general, you can make a bike longer with a setback seatpost and/or longer stem. There’s a limit as to how much you can shorten a bike. That’s why most people will recommend going smaller if you’re in-between sizes. I find the Cross Current already fits big so that’s another reason to go smaller IMO. I’m 5’10” with a 32” cycling inseam and, with the extra setback of a Body Float seatpost, the M is borderline too big for me.

Sir, Yes, I agree with your logic. There are a few companies like Juiced...Biktrix, Voltbike, Ohm and so on all started and run by engineers and I love their passion but not there lack of management and marketing skills. They all post on the associated EBR forum answering questions about their bikes. Tora has stood up, taken criticism and abuse, answered questions, and made constant improvements to his product. As far as I'm concerned he's putting out the most innovative bikes at reasonable prices, kudos to him, I'll keep buying his products as long as he keeps being a visionary and staying ahead of the pack.

To me it seems Juiced takes care of issues as they come. Not every customer is the same and they react differently to issues. I have complete confidence in Juiced and their products. Compare the CCX to anything else out there for the price. Ever try dealing with big cos on warranty issues? Kia, Chevy, Samsung can all be nightmares.

Where are you seeing the ETT is the same on all three frame sizes? Typically the ETT/top tube gets longer with larger frame sizes although I don’t see that spec listed on their site. In general, you can make a bike longer with a setback seatpost and/or longer stem. There’s a limit as to how much you can shorten a bike. That’s why most people will recommend going smaller if you’re in-between sizes. I find the Cross Current already fits big so that’s another reason to go smaller IMO. I’m 5’10” with a 32” cycling inseam and, with the extra setback of a Body Float seatpost, the M is borderline too big for me.

https://www.juicedbikes.com/collections/e-bikes/products/crosscurrent-x

The wheelbase is the same, the tube angles are the same. The chainstays are the same length. The ETTs must be the same.

You gents are all correct! I pulled my measurements from a road bike professional fitting I had several years ago. My inseam is 34.5". I'm 6'1 and 3/4. All of the measurements of the large appear to fit me perfectly. And the gentleman that stated the only difference between the L and XL is the seat tube length, minimum and maximum seat height levels and standover height is also very correct. I could fit right into either bike but the large is actually the better fit looking at reach distances and my fitting measurements!

Sorry for the hijack of this thread and so many posts. This will be my last. My next post will be my review of my first ride on a CCX!

Thanks everybody!

Don't be sorry at all, you're participation is appreciated, that's what makes this a great forum. Waiting for your review.................

Back