Secondary Battery

Ccount

If you follow me you know I have a 1000w hub motor in FRONT, along with a true 750w Baffang motor in rear. So far I have used the stock RAD battery for both motors, through a simple splitter. Recently I mounted a dedicated battery mount for an "EGO" battery for the front motor, on my bike frame. It is essentially a yard tool battery (for mowers, etc). I found a 56V, 2.5 Ah battery and tried it out and it works marvelously! So I decided to dedicate this battery to the front motor, as I use it much less frequently. With this battery I am pushing 40 MPH on pavement! I am now putting out feelers for used EGO batteries, which are available in 52v from 2.5Ah to 10Ah. They are relatively small in size, and I have already found a few for next to nothing as spares and back-ups.

I have been wanting to try out another back up battery for my main rear motor, to allow multiple battery extended 50+ mile rides on the beach (the beach sand REALLY reduces distance per charge). I decided to break the bank and dump $161 on a 52v, 22Ah Chinese battery. Yes, I know, I know, BUT I am super curious to learn what I may be able to expect from this battery, both in power and longevity. Have any of you tried one? I just cannot justify dumping $600 on a name brand RAD or Shark battery, especially if the Chinese one only delivers 1/4 the Ah's, I'm ahead! I'll follow up come February when it arrives from China!

The listing never states the array size, Based on the pack dimensions 260x85, it's probably a 14x5 array, 14S-5P and 20AH is impossible. It's more likely, given the price, a 52V pack with 10AH if you're lucky. ANd if you do get 10AH, then $180 isn't a bad price.

By the way, I enjoyed reading the buyer's history. Says her name is Cream and she is a beautiful Chinese girl. . You can also see her reviews. Got a few negative ones. A couple of battery never showed up, battery don't work, and a few battery is less than half of what they called it. I

I have bought a couple of shrink wrapped packs from China. I only needed some small 36V packs, and the listings are less grandiose. I bought a 36V7AH and a 36V6AH, and what I got tested out as 5.9AH and 4.6AH respectively. so I was satisfied.

I have a secondary battery bought at a Chinese dealer as well. I would say, I got about half the rating Ah wise.

Sorry I didn't understand this part. You can't justify paying $600 when Chinese one can only deliver 1/4 of Ah? Did you mean 1/4 of the price?

Not trying to make you feel bad or anything, but I wouldn't keep the hopes up in terms of getting a good deal. :confused:

I too, was super curious about Chinese cells. They tend to have super high capacity for super low prices.
People on YouTube have tested Chinese cells, despite watching dozens and dozens of videos... I have yet to come across a Chinese cell that actually held up to their claim.

It's not that they're exaggerating the capacity by 10 or 20%, it's usually more like, 3 to 5 times, (300-500%) and in some cases, 10+ times the capacity.
So basically, the Chinese cells don't come close to what they claim to be.

In the future, I'd stick to Japanese or Korean cells.

You are correct, my post made no sense. It should have read: I just cannot justify dumping $600 on a name brand RAD or Shark battery. EVEN IF the Chinese battery only delivers 1/4 the advertised 22Ah's, I'm ahead!

The listing never states the array size, Based on the pack dimensions 260x85, it's probably a 14x5 array, 14S-5P and 20AH is impossible. It's more likely, given the price, a 52V pack with 10AH if you're lucky. ANd if you do get 10AH, then $180 isn't a bad price.

By the way, I enjoyed reading the buyer's history. Says her name is Cream and she is a beautiful Chinese girl. . You can also see her reviews. Got a few negative ones. A couple of battery never showed up, battery don't work, and a few battery is less than half of what they called it. I

I have bought a couple of shrink wrapped packs from China. I only needed some small 36V packs, and the listings are less grandiose. I bought a 36V7AH and a 36V6AH, and what I got tested out as 5.9AH and 4.6AH respectively. so I was satisfied.
Only time will tell. This is my hobby, for now, and I usually jump into my hobbies enthusiastically! I wish I had all of the wasted money on such endeavors back, but the fun is worth it!

You are correct, my post made no sense. It should have read: I just cannot justify dumping $600 on a name brand RAD or Shark battery. EVEN IF the Chinese battery only delivers 1/4 the advertised 22Ah's, I'm ahead!
Although, in retrospect, perhaps I should have read the negative comments first!

Well, we are mostly in uncharted territories. A handful of owners have gone so deep into adapting their ebikes to cater to their specific needs. Inevitably, we're going to do some mistakes along the way.

Quite frankly, if I was only commuting on my Rhino, I wouldn't have change a thing. I rode a old 70s / 80s Peugeot bicycle as my commuter for a few dozen thousands miles (I think, I went over 20k km at some point), never bother to do deep changes except changing the handlebar.

Back