Seatpost suspension?

Rakku

I own a Radhrino, a hardtail with barely any suspension (80mm with the bike weighing 32kg and me over 100kg is a joke) and Im looking for a kind of suspension to save by bum.

I thought about a dropper post, but those are firstly pretty costly and secondly I dont ride that much of heavy downhill trails that it would justify a dropper post.

Therefore a normal seatpostsuspension should be alright.

Is there even anything viable in the 100€ range avaible in germany/europe?

I´d like to keep the stock seat of the radrhino, I like the aestethics.

Radrover has a 27.2mm seatpost diameter, the Suntour SP12-NCX should work.

Oh that looks neat and is in my price range, thanks alot!
I do have to get another spring for it though. It comes with medium, which goes up to 100kg, and Im slightly over it.
The hard spring fits the weight.

Now I only have to find it for a reasonable price in germany (thats harder said then done, everything here is priced so much higher)

Edit.

But holy moly, those things have some service intervals.
Every 500km a service is necessary.
But if it works, Im willing to put in the work.

Last edited:
Oh that looks neat and is in my price range, thanks alot!
I do have to get another spring for it though. It comes with medium, which goes up to 100kg, and Im slightly over it.
The hard spring fits the weight.

Now I only have to find it for a reasonable price in germany (thats harder said then done, everything here is priced so much higher)

Edit.

But holy moly, those things have some service intervals.
Every 500km a service is necessary.
But if it works, Im willing to put in the work.
I bought mine from Germany, best price I've ever found. Spare springs are quite inexpensive. Order spares with post. With spare, half your budget. Over 100EURO in the USA!!!

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Rakku ...
Suntour SP12 NCX : 60 € (including EU tax) from Bike 24 which is in Germany.
bike24.com
And just a few cents over 50 € (plus 20 € freight) for those outside the EU. Bike 24 has impressed me with their efficiency.
... David

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought it, for 60€ incl. the neoprene guard thingy. Additionally paid 8€ for the hard spring.
Around 70€ for the completly package, thats totally alright with me.

Bought from bike-components.de
I like their website, pretty big selection.

Totally stoked how noticable the difference will be.
Never had a full squish, only hardtails.

Hi @Rakku -- any updates on the ride with the post??

Im not riding the bike with the seatpost suspension anymore (selling it next week), but I rode it for a good while.

There is a noticable difference and I think its worth every penny.

It is not like a full squish by any means, but it does offer a way better riding quality and I can only recommend it.

But take note that the lowest point of the seatpost will be higher then on a normal one, since you have the whole mechanism under the seat.

Back