SDuro Trekking SL 3000 mile review.

Scott Eakin

Just turned 3000 Miles on my Sduro Trekking SL. No significant problems of any kind. A few fiddly issues. I had to solder larger gauge wire pigtail so the rear light would maintain connection. The kick stand needs to be tightened routinely. Replaced front pads at about 2000 miles. Still on original tires with no flats so far. Knocking noise from crank set corrected by re-torqueing motor mounting bolts. Front lamp had to be reinstalled with longer screws. Just installed Jones H bars. Still getting 55 miles per charge using ECO mode most of the time. Couldn't be happier.

Attachments

• IMG_2677.JPG
    IMG_2677.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 563
Great report and good to here the bike has been a performer! What taillight are you using on the rear racK?

Sorry for the tardy reply. The rear lamp is the one that came with the bike. Brand appears to be Trelock.

Attachments

• IMG_2682.JPG
    IMG_2682.JPG
    684.3 KB · Views: 471
  • IMG_2683.JPG
    IMG_2683.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 453
Just turned 3000 Miles on my Sduro Trekking SL. No significant problems of any kind. A few fiddly issues. I had to solder larger gauge wire pigtail so the rear light would maintain connection. The kick stand needs to be tightened routinely. Replaced front pads at about 2000 miles. Still on original tires with no flats so far. Knocking noise from crank set corrected by re-torqueing motor mounting bolts. Front lamp had to be reinstalled with longer screws. Just installed Jones H bars. Still getting 55 miles per charge using ECO mode most of the time. Couldn't be happier.

Hi Scott,
Your bike looks GREAT !!! I Just hit 1,000 miles on my 2018 Trekking, 7.0 (Bosch) still using the original straight bar. Love the bike, but I'd like to do what you did regarding switching the handlebar to either the Jones H Bar or the Nashbar "butterfly" bar.
I would like to avoid lengthening the cables.
A few questions come to mind. . .
How do you like the "Jones H Bar" ? pros/cons
Did you use the original stem ?
Did you have any cable length issues?

Would also like to hear from others that might have switched their handlebar & what--if any issues they encountered.

thx in advance
Barry

Hi Scott,
Your bike looks GREAT !!! I Just hit 1,000 miles on my 2018 Trekking, 7.0 (Bosch) still using the original straight bar. Love the bike, but I'd like to do what you did regarding switching the handlebar to either the Jones H Bar or the Nashbar "butterfly" bar.
I would like to avoid lengthening the cables.
A few questions come to mind. . .
How do you like the "Jones H Bar" ? pros/cons
Did you use the original stem ?
Did you have any cable length issues?

Would also like to hear from others that might have switched their handlebar & what--if any issues they encountered.

thx in advance
Barry
Hi Barry. So far (just a few brief shakedown rides I am happy with the H-Bar. I just got done cutting the bars down from the 710mm length to the "original" H bar length of 660mm. At that width cables are very relaxed and I still have unloaded my wrists, elbows and shoulders which is my main reason for making the change. I purchased the 2.5" rise bar for that reason as well. Original stem worked great and my only real change is from a straight Ergon grip to the one made for swept bars. Grips haven't arrived yet so no option on them.

Attachments

• IMG_2777.JPG
    IMG_2777.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 482
  • IMG_2779.JPG
    IMG_2779.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 491
  • IMG_2780.JPG
    IMG_2780.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 512
Hi Barry. So far (just a few brief shakedown rides I am happy with the H-Bar. I just got done cutting the bars down from the 710mm length to the "original" H bar length of 660mm. At that width cables are very relaxed and I still have unloaded my wrists, elbows and shoulders which is my main reason for making the change. I purchased the 2.5" rise bar for that reason as well. Original stem worked great and my only real change is from a straight Ergon grip to the one made for swept bars. Grips haven't arrived yet so no option on them.
Hey Scott,
GREAT pics. . .you did a Super Job.
Like you, I'm looking for additional "relaxed" positions-- I'm going to do what you did with the Jones H bar or perhaps a Butterfly bar. . .
Good idea using a riser.

Back