Schwalbe Super Moto-X tires on ST2?

andyw

I'm looking to replace the tires on My ST2s, and I think I have narrowed it down between the Schwalbe Big Ben Plus and the Schwalbe Super Moto-X.

However the Super Moto-X has a width of 2.4" vs. 2.15" of the stock tires. Has anyone tried these tires, and if so, how is the clearance with the fenders?

The Super Moto-X is a great tire and the performance is almost identical to the Big Ben Plus.

If you can fit the 2.4" width go with the Moto, otherwise you will be happy with the 2.15" Big Ben.

Post a photo of your current tire/fender clearance... we can help you determine if the larger tire fits.

1586032502655.png
1586032549562.png

Last edited:
I'd like to go with the larger tire, but I'm looking for someone who has tried this, as listed dimensions and real world dimensions can differ a bit.
IMG_20200404_135041.jpg
IMG_20200404_135033.jpg

I'm looking to replace the tires on My ST2s, and I think I have narrowed it down between the Schwalbe Big Ben Plus and the Schwalbe Super Moto-X.

However the Super Moto-X has a width of 2.4" vs. 2.15" of the stock tires. Has anyone tried these tires, and if so, how is the clearance with the fenders?

Unfortunately, you can't.
The Max you can go is 2.2" and Big Ben Plus works really well.
Stromer used to make custom Big Ben for their ST1 which was later commercialized as Big Ben Plus.

The Super Moto-X is a great tire and the performance is almost identical to the Big Ben Plus.

The Big Ben mounted on the ST2 is often blamed as "the zero grip" tire under rainy conditions.

Users changed to the Continental tire which is used on the ST2s.

T
The Big Ben mounted on the ST2 is often blamed as "the zero grip" tire under rainy conditions.

Users changed to the Continental tire which is used on the ST2s.

This has not been my experience with the Schwalbe Big Ben...YMMV ;)

What is the condition of the referenced tires.. are they worn down to slicks?

Same here Flat six. Love Big Ben's.But I change my Big Ben's often. Tires in good condition is not emphasised enough IMO.

I had terrible luck with my Big Bens on my ST2 in the rain. I very nearly lost control twice, and both times the tires were to blame. I replaced them with Schwalbe Marathon GT365 “all season” tires with a more aggressive tread. They are much better in the wet.

I had so many issues with fenders and rubbing when I had my 2 I went to slightly smaller size which came on my wife’s 2s. I thought it was an improvement in general

Back