Schwalbe Super Moto X

Maineiac

Region
USA
I have Schwalbe Super Moto X tires that I want to install on my Lectric XP Lite. The tire sidewall reads, “For use with Crotched Rims only”. The description of the tire when I purchased them said they were the Super Moto X ”Clincher WirePerformance line”. I don’t fully understand the concept of Crotched Rims, Clincher Tires, etc. I am trying to determine if I can put these on my XP Lite. Any help would greatly be appreciated, thank you.

I have Schwalbe Super Moto X tires that I want to install on my Lectric XP Lite. The tire sidewall reads, “For use with Crotched Rims only”. The description of the tire when I purchased them said they were the Super Moto X ”Clincher WirePerformance line”. I don’t fully understand the concept of Crotched Rims, Clincher Tires, etc. I am trying to determine if I can put these on my XP Lite. Any help would greatly be appreciated, thank you.
It means you need hooked rims, which you likely do have:

It means you need hooked rims, which you likely do have:

Thanks so much for that info dblhelix! That article really explains it well. Some of the other google searches I found didn’t make it clear enough. It’s a lot different looking at a rim straight on versus a cross-section picture as shown in the Flocycling blog. I really panicked last night when looking at the rim thinking that they were hookless but it looks like their hooked, so it looks like I’m good to go with the Schwalbe Super Moto X. I included a couple of pictures and you can see it better on the side view shot. Thanks for responding to my plight! :) I really didn’t want to have to get new rims.

Attachments

• IMG_2604.jpeg
    IMG_2604.jpeg
    214.1 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_2605.jpeg
    IMG_2605.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 102
Back