26 x 4 wheel size conversion

FredE

I'm looking for advice regarding the wheel size conversion for a Juice Rip Current S that I recently purchased.

As you can see in the photos and pictures below, the bike comes standard with 26x4 wheels. I would like to convert the bike to 3-inch wide tires while keeping the bike's original geometry as close as possible to stock (bottom bracket clearance, set height). I do not want to modify anything other than the wheel, and I understand that this will require rebuilding the wheels.

My thought was 27.5 x 3

Here is something I found that seems promising (would this work?)

www.wtb.com

HTZ i40 Rim

E-bikes add to the riding experience by providing more for less. More distance, more laps, more climbs and more descents. With all those “mores” also comes more weight continually bashing on the components of an e-bike. In order to overcome the increased forces induced by the technological...
www.wtb.com
www.wtb.com
www.wtb.com

HTZ i35 Rim

E-bikes add to the riding experience by providing more for less. More distance, more laps, more climbs and more descents. With all those “mores” also comes more weight continually bashing on the components of an e-bike. In order to overcome the increased forces induced by the technological...
www.wtb.com
www.wtb.com
www.wtb.com

Ranger 2.8/3.0

Searching for the ultimate do-all tire to satisfy your plus-size needs? Meet the Ranger…you’re welcome. Limitless traction, increased confidence and multiple usages make the plus-size Ranger ready for any challenge.
www.wtb.com
www.wtb.com
My reasoning for doing this is to create a more nimble and agile bike. I am not expecting to turn this into a hardcore off-road mountain bike, but rather something that I would take on gravel, very light trails, and Jeep paths. I am not looking to take this over roots or boulders.

My ultimate outcome is a bike that is simply more nimble, easier to dart in and out of cars, and ride around town or commute. I hope to end up with something easier to navigate.

I would appreciate any suggestions or advice you may have.

Thank you for your time,

1000006052.jpg

1000006073.jpg

I swapped my 26x4 fat tire wheelset for these 27.5x3 wheels from Eunorau. They are inexpensive and much lighter than the fat wheelset. The conversion was easy and I added an 11-36t cassette, brake rotors, and rear wheel magnet to them so I can change back quickly to the fat wheels any time. I ride rough trails and haven't had any issues. The bike has a more power and range now and with full suspension, the need for fat tires is less.... for me.

Last edited:
I swapped my 26x4 fat tire wheelset for these 27.5x3 wheels from Eunorau. They are inexpensive and much lighter than the fat wheelset. The conversion was easy and I added an 11-36t cassette, brake rotors, and rear wheel magnet to them so I can change back quickly to the fat wheels any time. I ride rough trails and haven't had any issues. The bike has a more power and range now and with full suspension, the need for fat tires is less.... for me.
Thanks for the reply, so it sounds like you have a mid Drive Fat Tire ebike, I have a hub Drive so I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to be able to build the rear wheel of a 27.5x3 rim with the Juiced rip current s1000 watt motor. The rim that comes with the bike is 83 mm internal so I want to make sure that the 27 by 3 in Rim is going to be able to support the Hub motor

Back