Schwalbe Super Moto-X discontinued?

tompat

Most Swedish or other EU online shops no longer carries the Schwalbe Super Moto-X 62-584 tires.

Anyone know if this particular tire is to be discontinued or already is?

It seems to be a popular choice for R&M bikes and I was about to retrofit my Supercharger GX with these.

schwalbe_super_moto.jpg

Tom ...
The Super Moto-X 62-584 is still listed on Schwalbe's website.

Riese & Müller's Open Spaces publication shows several 2019 models shod with 62-584 Super Moto-Xs.

I've just checked my regular online shop Bike24.com to find that the 62-584 is "not deliverable" while the 70-584 (with lower puncture resistance) is. I purchased a pair of 62-406 Super Moto-Xs from them a few months ago; they are now “deliverable in 6-7 weeks”.

It appears to be an inventory/availability issue.
... David

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as e-bikes are growing in popularity I can't see Schwalbe discontinuing this tire - unless it is in favor of a similar model/improved version. It seems more and more manufacturer's are stocking this tire on their bikes. I switched out the stock Rock Razors on my GX Rohloff for these since I pretty much only ride it on paved roads.

I spoke with Schwalbe North America last week about the Super Moto X. They are located in Ferndale Washington, ten miles from my home.

They have become so popular that they have completely run out of stock. The next shipment is due in a couple of months. They will be notifying me by phone when they are available. They can be purchased directly https://www.schwalbetires.com/bike_tires/road_tires/super-moto-x

They are only available aftermarket in plain black, without reflective white side stripes. The tires with reflective strip are custom ordered by bike manufacturers and are not sold to the public.

Hopefully I don't need a new tire soon, but since there are stock issues that might take a while to fix, can anyone offer a good alternative? My bike uses the 27.5 x 2.40 size.

Hopefully I don't need a new tire soon, but since there are stock issues that might take a while to fix, can anyone offer a good alternative? My bike uses the 27.5 x 2.40 size.

They are still available on ebay for less than $50 shipping included. Click HERE

When was the last time you needed a tire? In nearly all cases, tire replacement is a planned maintenance item. They are supposed to be back in stock in a couple months. I have over 2,100 miles on mine, look great.

They are only available aftermarket in plain black, without reflective white side stripes. The tires with reflective strip are custom ordered by bike manufacturers and are not sold to the public.

So if you bought a bike with reflective sidewall Super Moto-X's and it failed or wore out, you cannot buy an exact replacement. How ridiculous is that?

Looks like a nice tire, but I am not sure about the durability. I commute 10 miles each way for work, and I am hoping to use my bike to commute as much as I can. If the bar ratings are accurate, this tire will last less than half the miles as the moto X

I've put 800 miles on mine, albeit the front tire. Still has plenty of tread life.

It may have half the durability of the Moto, but if it's a matter of say 2,000 vs 4,000 miles... It's really a matter of buying tires more often, not breaking down on the side of the road.

When was the last time you needed a tire? In nearly all cases, tire replacement is a planned maintenance item. They are supposed to be back in stock in a couple months. I have over 2,100 miles on mine, look great.

I never replaced the tires on my old bike, but I also never road it nearly as much as this bike. I expected to have to change tires with this bike, but I honestly didn't know how long they would last.

I have the Super Moto X on my new Nevo GH, they are great on paved roads, which I ride 95% when touring with the family.

When I am touring solo, I am more and more riding forrest trails, gravel etc. so far this was possible with the Super Moto X, but I am quite careful/slow. I am wondering if I should replace them with Schwalbe Nobby Nics next season. Pretty sure I will lose someting on paved roads but the Nobby Nics seem to be Schwalbe allround tires. I am not decided yet, does anybody have experience with going with more offroad tires on the Nevo ?

I just purchased the Schwalbe Super Moto-Xs last night off of Amazon. They shipped this morning. $47.
Plenty in stock there.

I pre order mine off Amazon (27.5'', 2.40 ) and I happened to check soon after they shipped mine and it was already unavailable. Its still unavailable right now.

Back