Samedi 28.3 problem in turbo mode

helenveronica

Region
Europe
Other ebikes I've ridden almost feel like a motor bike in turbo mode. I hardly ever use turbo but when going up a steep hill recently i tried to use it but felt no difference than when in Sport mode. I tested it in different hearts and same problem. Anyone else encounter this?

Other ebikes I've ridden almost feel like a motor bike in turbo mode. I hardly ever use turbo but when going up a steep hill recently i tried to use it but felt no difference than when in Sport mode. I tested it in different hearts and same problem. Anyone else encounter this?
Is your motor torque sensing?

Ive noticed that, this being my first full use of a torque sensing motor, it takes some getting used to, being in turbo doesnt automatically increase the assistance if youre not pushing enough.

Just watch the power meter.

It can be hard to tell the difference between Sport and Turbo up a steep hill - especially if you switch to Turbo while making a strong effort to get up the hill . On my Bosch bike Sport is 225% assistance and Turbo is 300%. The bike tops out near 600w and I can saturate the bike in both modes regularly. So switching to Turbo makes no difference unless I ease off the pedals.

Helenveronica's bike has an Active Line Plus. And probably System 2 (not Smart System). So that is a 50Nm motor that gives 270% assistance in Turbo but peaks at just 415 watts (365w at 70rpm) according to Bosch. They probably were a bit bogged down and already had the motor maxed when they switched to Turbo so there was literally no difference between Sport and Turbo in this situation as far as overall power output.

Where I feel the biggest differences in Turbo are in starting out it ramps up power almost instantly and it also runs on for a beat after you stop pedalling.

@BlackHand could you tell me the specs like the peak power and the Boost Factor for the Bosch Performance Line 2021?
600w peak, 75Nm, 340% max assistance.

It can be hard to tell the difference between Sport and Turbo up a steep hill - especially if you switch to Turbo while making a strong effort to get up the hill . On my Bosch bike Sport is 225% assistance and Turbo is 300%. The bike tops out near 600w and I can saturate the bike in both modes regularly. So switching to Turbo makes no difference unless I ease off the pedals.

Helenveronica's bike has an Active Line Plus. And probably System 2 (not Smart System). So that is a 50Nm motor that gives 270% assistance in Turbo but peaks at just 415 watts (365w at 70rpm) according to Bosch. They probably were a bit bogged down and already had the motor maxed when they switched to Turbo so there was literally no difference between Sport and Turbo in this situation as far as overall power output.

Where I feel the biggest differences in Turbo are in starting out it ramps up power almost instantly and it also runs on for a beat after you stop pedalling.
Thanks. Getting a bit technical for me. All I know is that when on a mountain ebike going through valleys and steep climbs on gravel in Austria, the bike nearly took off when put into turbo. Obviously different specs, which I can't remember....!

600w peak, 75Nm, 340% max assistance.

Oh, can't be! My female friend rides a Swiss e-bike Flyer with the Bosch Performance Line motor. I don't know what is wrong with her but she rides her Flyer in SPORT slower than I do on my Vado SL in 30/60% assistance! That is, I do not say you are wrong Blackhand!

1723478917076.png

Besides, is it possible there is no Walk Mode on an Intuvia e-bike?

Back