Saddle

Canopy Sport (and Canopy Comp) is a level 5 padding which is the softest they make and anything equal to that is their BG Comfort Gel but it is much wider and bulkier I think 180mm vs 153mm.
Canopy is not listed in Specialized site any longer.

I believe the Bridge Sport is a level 3 padding, so that explains the difference I felt. Visually, the two saddles are almost indistinguishable.

Based on info in this thread I took advantage Selle Anotomica's spring sale and bought a new leather saddle for my Vado 4. In this Covid-19 stay at home every day era, I'm strive to ride 15-35 miles a day never taking a day off. My bike is keeping me sane. I'll admit I was a little nervous to switch anything up on my Vado, so I didn't install the new saddle for a couple of weeks. Today I installed it and took it for an easy 15 mile ride. I probably stopped about 10 times tweaking and adjusting it in every direction, but eventually I got to where I'm very happy with it. It's definitely more comfortable than the stock Vado 4 saddle. I'm looking forward to a longer ride and seeing how comfortable it really is.

You'll be spoiled by that saddle in no time, especially on a Vado. That was my last setup and is my new one too, on a Vado SL. I'm a huge advocate of their design, quality and quick service. Being a California-made product is icing on the cake! Enjoy the ride...

You'll be spoiled by that saddle in no time, especially on a Vado. That was my last setup and is my new one too, on a Vado SL. I'm a huge advocate of their design, quality and quick service. Being a California-made product is icing on the cake! Enjoy the ride...
Do you have the rear light that goes on the saddle? If so, hoe did you handle remounting the light?

Do you have the rear light that goes on the saddle? If so, hoe did you handle remounting the light?
No, my bike is an EQ, so the light is on the mudguard. I have a reflector on the seat post.
940704B0-E69F-4783-B279-9378A8B9781C.jpeg
203A919C-4C7F-4606-B6DA-06B03114B764.jpeg

May be I am wishywashy but giving Ergon ST Core Prime another chance.
it is on order arriving soon.
that along with Ergon GP5 grip also arriving soon should be interesting to try.

I use the Ergon ST Core Prime and have no complaints. I also like the Specialized cup that came on the Como 2.0. I have a Brooks B68 (wide, unsprung) that has been on lots of bikes and is still in service.

I use the Ergon ST Core Prime and have no complaints. I also like the Specialized cup that came on the Como 2.0. I have a Brooks B68 (wide, unsprung) that has been on lots of bikes and is still in service.
I started liking the Ergon on my Vado. When you're riding steep mountain roads, you suddenly find the saddle is the least of your problems... 🤣

For those who ride with Selle Anatomica H2,

I own too many saddles, like several saddles but my favorite is B -17 for longer rides.

I was also hoping to try Selle Anatomica and finally gave the order for an H2 and tried it as soon as it arrived today.

On the short 10 mile ride I can not say I am remotely close to adjusting it for comfortable riding. I started flat but my seatbone tips hurt and was sliding forward. Tilted the saddle up until I didn't slide, now seatbones are comfortable but this time the tip of the saddle is too far up, feeling awkward.

During the first adjustment period there was a stretch where it felt very comfortable. But then my knees began to hurt which happens when the seat is too low. I thought it is because I didn't change the saddle height and B-17 was probably taller than H2. Increased the saddle height, knee pain gone, felt right but another 5 minutes later I began sliding a bit front and my sit bones were on the narrower section of the saddle. I also realized that the Leather was lose, there is play on the front (there was not in the beginning).

So not only it is a bit hard to dial in but it seems to stretch in a very quick ride like this. I will try to tighten the screw and retry tomorrow.

I really want this saddle to work, any tips?

Tilted the saddle up until I didn't slide, now seatbones are comfortable but this time the tip of the saddle is too far up, feeling awkward.
I really want this saddle to work, any tips?
Suggest you look at keeping the saddle level and raise the handle bars by fitting a stem riser

I ride the selle anatomica just a little high in the tip. I adjust it up and then downward in small incremments till it just takes pressure off the boys. Fore and aft is where my knee is aligned directly above the pedal axle when the pedal is in the forward horizontal position. Finally proper tension leaves a 6mm gap at the thinnest spot in the relief channel. The hex wrench to adjust the tension screw is 6mm so it serves as a perfect measuring guage. It will need adjusting for the first dozen or so rides and then stabilize,

They have a video on this page with these instructions.

Last edited:
I was surprisingly happy with the stock saddle on my Giant Fathom, but that didn't stop me from trying out a different one. Based on reviews, i thought i would try a WTB Volt and got one in the medium width.

I really liked it but thought it was just a little too narrow. I knew it was going to be close when i bought it. So, back to LBS to exchange for a wide. None in stock, but they had a Koda and the salesman i usually talk to suggested that i try that one. Quite happy with it - it's the Chromoly rail version, which has slightly better padding then the Steel version. As i understand it, the padding is slightly more durable and won't pack down as fast.

The Koda is slightly shorter than the Volt and the relief channels are different. It was supposedly designed for women, but has become a very popular saddlefor men too.

I’ve had the Ergon ST Gel Men (size M/L) for 5 months and really like it. It’s definitely a keeper for me. At $60, it may be a less expensive option to the ST Core Prime for some.

Same experience for me as well. The cheaper Ergon is a bargain for the price and how comfortable it is. I previously had the specialized body geometry saddle but it wasn’t comfortable on longer rides.

I purchased the Ergon ST gel (non-core)for 52€ and it’s been the most comfortable saddle for me especially on longer rides. Specifically made for long touring on ebikes , at least according to the marketing on the packaging and after using it now for 2 months I concur. Night and day difference compared to the specialized body geometry saddle I had previously. I have another Ergon ST gel on order too just to have for storage and future bike purchases. Below are images of both on my ebike. Ergon saddle in the archway photo and specialized body geometry in the beach photo .

C9FD3B23-37F4-4F3F-AB37-1912811A45E6.jpeg
4841BAB0-B385-4731-A023-07577E1D7361.jpeg

I ride the selle anatomica just a little high in the tip. I adjust it up and then downward in small incremments till it just takes pressure off the boys. Fore and aft is where my knee is aligned directly above the pedal axle when the pedal is in the forward horizontal position. Finally proper tension leaves a 6mm gap at the thinnest spot in the relief channel. The hex wrench to adjust the tension screw is 6mm so it serves as a perfect measuring guage. It will need adjusting for the first dozen or so rides and then stabilize,

They have a video on this page with these instructions.

These are good tips, I also adjust my saddle in a similar way so usually adjustment was not a problem.

I tensioned the saddle per your instructions. I am trying to be conservative since the manufacturer advised not to over-tension.

After tensioning it, I did a very comfortable ride today. I can say that this more comfortable than B17. My only concern is at the end of the ride it was slightly lose again and probably need to tension a bit more.

These are good tips, I also adjust my saddle in a similar way so usually adjustment was not a problem.

I tensioned the saddle per your instructions. I am trying to be conservative since the manufacturer advised not to over-tension.

After tensioning it, I did a very comfortable ride today. I can say that this more comfortable than B17. My only concern is at the end of the ride it was slightly lose again and probably need to tension a bit more.
Sometimes a Selle Anatomica front adjustment bolt will slip and not hold tension. If that is happening, it is likely that the adjustment bolt does not have enough thread sealant. The saddle will need to be disassembled and the bolt should get two coats of locktite blue thread sealant. allowed to dry thoroughly between coats. When you put it back together it should hold position.

This is their page of how to videos: https://selleanatomica.com/pages/how-to

Sometimes a Selle Anatomica front adjustment bolt will slip and not hold tension. If that is happening, it is likely that the adjustment bolt does not have enough thread sealant. The saddle will need to be disassembled and the bolt should get two coats of locktite blue thread sealant. allowed to dry thoroughly between coats. When you put it back together it should hold position.

This is their page of how to videos: https://selleanatomica.com/pages/how-to

A portion of the bolt is covered in blue which is probably the thread sealant you mentioned. Put a bit more tension(this time it didn't require much). I will see if it stays that way.

Did another quick 15 mile ride and it was very comfortable so it was a tensioning issue.

On Some Day...

...my Selle Royal Respiro Moderate Woman's saddle snapped. Exactly, a saddle rail snapped due to fatigue.

I had no choice, and reached to my "drawer of imperfect saddles" for replacement. My choice was Ergon ST Prime Core Men (the exact name was too complicated to memorize). With more and more rides, I've found my favourite riding position was... standing on pedals! :D No. As much as like Ergon products, the invention of Prof. Dr. Ingo Froböse turned out not to be the best for my backside :D

Ordered the same Selle Royal saddle as I had before. The saddle is huge. Soft. Suspended by elastomer. Supporting my ass perfectly. I have never really grabbed the idea why a cyclist should sit on his crotch with buttocks hanging... :D

Last edited:
Stefan those womens seats are too short . I tried my wifes and she can keep it.
@steve mercier: I have moved my reply to a more appropriate thread :)
You don't like the Selle Royal Respiro Moderate Women's saddle and I fully understand that as we all have been made different. I installed the saddle on my Vado and after 25 km ridden I gave it a little of fitting. Namely, I set the rails exactly at the middle of their travel, and tilted the seat the way the front was slightly up. Now, I just sit on that huge saddle as if it were an armchair. I was just wearing jeans and forgot about the saddle to the end of my 48 km trip! (These seats are very wide, as much as 199 mm).

Currently, I use that model of saddle in two of my e-bikes, and my e-MTB is equipped in the Men's version that is narrower (and no elastomer supporting the buttocks part): that saddle is almost as good as the Women's (but I have the rear-suspension on that very e-bike).

Just to say: Saddle choice is the most personal thing for a cyclist, pedals coming next, and the handlebars grips third :)

Back