Rockstar Parts

Slikjr

Region
Canada
This may have been covered somewhere on the forum but a quick search didn’t provide any definitive answers. Like many, while waiting for delivery, I would like to have some parts ordered in and ready to go when Rockstar arrives. I’m certainly not a bike guru and don’t need the “industry standard” for parts. Couple questions I have for parts I would like to order.
What diameter are the factory bars? I would like to get some lock on grips.
What thread/size are the pedal bolts? Would like to order some nicer pedals.

Also, upgrades as far as reliability. I’ve seen some YouTube vids of people snapping chains. I understand mostly user error. I get how/when/where to shift. But upgraded chain might be a proactive upgrade.
What else could a person do for some reliability upgrades? What about an “essentials kit” for a venture out on a Rockstar? Amass a list of suggestions or what others have done.

This may have been covered somewhere on the forum but a quick search didn’t provide any definitive answers. Like many, while waiting for delivery, I would like to have some parts ordered in and ready to go when Rockstar arrives. I’m certainly not a bike guru and don’t need the “industry standard” for parts. Couple questions I have for parts I would like to order.
What diameter are the factory bars? I would like to get some lock on grips.
What thread/size are the pedal bolts? Would like to order some nicer pedals.
My suggestion would be to check with Sonders.

There are a lot of members that have purchased a lot of accessories and parts that I’m sure would have something to say. Rockstar owners, feel free to post as you’re able. Thanks in advance

The stock bars are 31.8mm, and pedals are a 9/16”, I ended up buying a bunch of parts, so far have wider 740mm 31.8mm bars, 35mm short stem, locking grips, aluminum wide flat pedals, a kmc 123 link e11 speed chain, a rockshox yari rc 170mm front fork, 46mm offset, 15x110 spacing, 27.5”, a rockshox monarch rt rear shock, 200x57mm, a tubeless tire kit, and a better saddle, other than that I’ll upgrade other parts as stock parts wear out, this should make it a decently capable bike and still be at a decent price I figure

The stock bars are 31.8mm, and pedals are a 9/16”, I ended up buying a bunch of parts, so far have wider 740mm 31.8mm bars, 35mm short stem, locking grips, aluminum wide flat pedals, a kmc 123 link e11 speed chain, a rockshox yari rc 170mm front fork, 46mm offset, 15x110 spacing, 27.5”, a rockshox monarch rt rear shock, 200x57mm, a tubeless tire kit, and a better saddle, other than that I’ll upgrade other parts as stock parts wear out, this should make it a decently capable bike and still be at a decent price I figure

haha that’s quite the starting list of parts! Thanks for the info. I’m going to be ordering a couple things a month while I wait just to help stay patient until it arrives!
im a little more tame on the list; I’ll leave suspension stock for now.
Definitely like the idea of a better/stronger chain. I haven’t done any research into that area at all. Do you have a link for what you bought?

Can’t find the exact link but I believe the one I bought is actually a 125 or 124 link and from what I’m told just make it 123 links and that’ll work best

So I have almost 800 miles on my bike. I’ve gone through four chains you heard of 2 Chainz, I’m infinity Chainz. I’ve also bent one chain. I bent a tooth on the rear sprocket or “free wheel.” I’ve also bent the derailleur. I ride my bike different than most people. I’m rough on it. I broke the strap that holds the little speedometer on the handlebars.
I bent two seats, the stock handlebars are bent as well. You have to change those brake pads every 300 miles. I prefer tires and tubes with slime. I wore out two tires front and rear. I’m trying to follow the simple pleasures mountain bike upgrade plan. He’s on YouTube I think he’s the best source for a clear direction and instruction on how to upgrade this bike and keep it running. The way I ride my bike I think I’m looking at probably upgrading the rear hub in the near future. I’ve got rock Shox lyrics I run a DNM torch with a 750 pound spring in the rear. I did the same front cockpit as simple pleasures wake bars and wake headset. You can see what my bike goes through on my YouTube, but mine is just for fun. I don’t give the best advice. Here’s a naked pic my bike from today:
16794A73-B1D6-45D7-AAB5-F35A68811040.jpeg
6C2A864B-E53B-4A11-A1E6-04FDD47A8CEB.jpeg

Did you have to replace your derailleur and hanger for your bike? I’m in need of a hanger myself so any input would help me a lo. Thx in advance

No I’ve bent it back after crashing but never replaced one. Try asking the group on FB. They is a lot of opinions and a few guys make parts for the bike there.

Back