Rockstar owners

35 mile ride today, did a huge loop, 67% battery used. Climbed from the river valley in town to the top of coal mine hill, 1500’ elevation gain. The bike just doesn’t stop
fantastic how far you went on that battery percentage and grade changes.
your bike looks great also.
i just picked up a second rockstar (black) this time.

Thanks for trying to help.but I was looking for help if someone has used a twist throttle.not a explanation on why its not as good as thumb.
Your 4 finger theory is only good if you have that many to work with...

I have both. For a sporadic use, I prefer the thumb throttle, leaving my grips clear. On one of my bikes I use the throttle all the time, not the PAS, like a motorcycle, I use a complete twist throttle on the right grip. If you choose a twist throttle, be aware that they are generally left-handed, and that your brakes are reversed....you won't get exactly the motorcycle feeling.

I have both. For a sporadic use, I prefer the thumb throttle, leaving my grips clear. On one of my bikes I use the throttle all the time, not the PAS, like a motorcycle, I use a complete twist throttle on the right grip. If you choose a twist throttle, be aware that they are generally left-handed, and that your brakes are reversed....you won't get exactly the motorcycle feeling.
Thanks for the info. I did find that bafang has a half twist right hand throttle available. Being new to this bike I find that the thumb control is not linear. It's more on and off.reading some other forums people are saying the twist has a larger potentiometer making it more linear.

I don't have a Rockstar but my thumb throttle is perfectly linear on my geared hub motor bike. On a mid drive with a multi speed cassette the power range is very short, IMHO that only could create this impression. It's even worse if the throttle is limited to a specific Amp to match the assist level.

I never tthought about a mobility issue with the thumb throttle. I know that it could be easily relocated onto the other side of the handlebars if that made it easier to use.

Onto the front axle.
my lever pivot broke today and searching the web for a 15mm x 162mm axle turns up nothing.
Has anyone found a replacement front axle?

Back