Rockstar owners

I’m going to a 36 tooth, have one at home already just waiting on my adapter to mount it up. I’m thinking it will only help it, it would be much less rotating mass so easier on the motor and gearing down will be ok as it’s already faster than I’ll need most of the time
There is a guy on eBay who has 32 through 40 tooth bolt-on chainrings for the M620 spline: https://www.ebay.com/itm/134032797529?

My main concern with going lower is the added torque on the larger rear gears -- the top 3 are reportedly weaker due to the relatively large weight reducing cutouts compared to the smaller ones. I figure 40 should be okay, and maybe 38, but 32 may be taking it too far, past the last straw sort of thing?

Fair. I was upset and needed to vent. I tried talking to him first but he just replied with emojis. He also did the “let’s go for a ride sometime” number earlier yesterday and that pissed me off. So: I’ve said what I got to say, I vented, we all know where we stand and I took it down. Guess I’ll never be able to run for eBike President and that’s fine with me.

This is petty…
i can tell you his comments have been throwing other bike names around and asking to compare for weeks now..
cause I was in the comments, the lunacycle bike came up multiple times along with some others
I’ve moved on. Guy got under my skin yesterday. Thanks for your input.

Dude sounds like a whiner. He does not own the "Rockstar vs XYZ" concept, nor does he have a lock on future comparisons...

OTOH, I am 1000% certain there are other mid-drive, full-suspension bikes available that can outpace the Rockstar; a little lighter, a little faster and with better forks, shock, wheels, tires, brakes, gear sets and seat. But the real kicker is at what added cost? For me, the other two bikes were non-starters due to initial price at over 2x the Rockstar -- honestly it was all I could do to justify the used one I bought...

/rant, YMMV...
Thanks for your input. I’ve moved on, it’s taken down.

There is a guy on eBay who has 32 through 40 tooth bolt-on chainrings for the M620 spline: https://www.ebay.com/itm/134032797529?

My main concern with going lower is the added torque on the larger rear gears -- the top 3 are reportedly weaker due to the relatively large weight reducing cutouts compared to the smaller ones. I figure 40 should be okay, and maybe 38, but 32 may be taking it too far, past the last straw sort of thing?
I recommend going with the christini adapter and any size BCD104 chain ring you want. I changed mine to a 32T and it has made the bike easier to pedal. You do lose some top speed but you can still go 25ish.
BAFANG Ultra Drive BCD104 Boost Adapter and Chainring Bolts
Make sure you get the boost and not fat tire.

Just received mine. It’s got some minor damage on the body. I’m trying to put the front wheel on, but cannot budge that quick release/axle. I dont want to take a pliers to it in fear of damaging it. How can I get this thing off?

Just received mine. It’s got some minor damage on the body. I’m trying to put the front wheel on, but cannot budge that quick release/axle. I dont want to take a pliers to it in fear of damaging it. How can I get this thing off?
Hi - You may need to wrap it in something soft and use a plier to twist it. Please post an image of the quick release mechanism in its current state. Mine was slightly different than it appears in the Sondors assembly video. There was an aluminum sheath around the axle and it was difficult to remove the axle. I twisted the locking mechanism so far that it actually fell apart. Took me a while to resemble it. For me, this was the trickiest part of the Rockstar assembly process.

Hi - You may need to wrap it in something soft and use a plier to twist it. Please post an image of the quick release mechanism in its current state. Mine was slightly different than it appears in the Sondors assembly video. There was an aluminum sheath around the axle and it was difficult to remove the axle. I twisted the locking mechanism so far that it actually fell apart. Took me a while to resemble it. For me, this was the trickiest part of the Rockstar assembly process.
Can you show an example of your quick release? Was the sheath a temporary thing or it’s part of the axle?

Can you show an example of your quick release? Was the sheath a temporary thing or it’s part of the axle?
The sheath was temporary. Only for shipping. You can discard it. You should be able to pull down on the black quick release latch and slowly turn counterclockwise to loosen.

Quick Release.jpeg

Picked up a Gen 2 today used! Guess how much?
2FD9956D-87B5-489A-AFF2-85DAEB8CF721.jpeg

Attachments

• 5AB72AB4-9E4E-4D55-91BA-D869DB444D34.jpeg
    5AB72AB4-9E4E-4D55-91BA-D869DB444D34.jpeg
    508.5 KB · Views: 133
Back