Rockstar owners

I have a motorcycle endorsement.....and can BS the rest.
Instead of restricting the machines lets just use a little common sense.
It works for cars.

Well I got my Black Rockstar yesterday evening. First impression was WOW it's big. I am 5' 5" and 30" inseam with my boot on. Then I took a ride - SMILES. Dirt roads, some mud and small hills, what a blast. I did move the seat forward and think I may change handle bars for a more upright position but for my apx 10mi test it felt great. The only discomfort I experienced was from my wife who said I look like I was pushing my big Brother's bike. I can get off and stand over with out a problem, however dismounting on a steep hill my take some finesse. Super happy with the bike and looking forward longer rides.

Well I got my Black Rockstar yesterday evening. First impression was WOW it's big. I am 5' 5" and 30" inseam with my boot on. Then I took a ride - SMILES. Dirt roads, some mud and small hills, what a blast. I did move the seat forward and think I may change handle bars for a more upright position but for my apx 10mi test it felt great. The only discomfort I experienced was from my wife who said I look like I was pushing my big Brother's bike. I can get off and stand over with out a problem, however dismounting on a steep hill my take some finesse. Super happy with the bike and looking forward longer rides.
How about some pics/videos? Would be greatly appreciated :) And congrats!

Looks like Sondors is looking to get sued. They sell it as a class-2 bike then leak the hack out the backdoor. It is like the gun merchants releasing the hack to full-auto. They cannot have it both ways. Either it is a legal product or an illegal product. Some will get hurt others busted. Their legal teem needs to sue to take down the hacks or they will get busted.
I don't think so because on private land you can go as fast as you wish. When on restricted territory the setting has to be limited to the limit stated by law. As long as you are on the right setting I believe you are fine.

Sometimes if it looks too big and weighs too much... people just need to try it out.

Congrats on your purchase!

I don't think so because on private land you can go as fast as you wish. When on restricted territory the setting has to be limited to the limit stated by law. As long as you are on the right setting I believe you are fine.
Good observation. I would just remove the throttle. With a torque sensor it is in your feet. And ride responsibly. Some people won't and that shuts it down for the rest of us. The personal injury attorneys will have a field day. And the mechanics repairing mangled drivetrains.

How about some pics/videos? Would be greatly appreciated :) And congrats!
Coming soon! Currently the wife and I are trying to eke out the last few days of a pretty sparse ski season here in the east. I will get some pics up later today.

Great video. Lots of info and perspective.
I had this drivetrain on a bike with a Bafang HD and destroyed it in a matter of two-weeks. I doubt that the drivetrain can sustainably manage 90Nm. It is made for regular mountain bikes and not powerful eclectic bikes. I look forward to other people's experiences.
Yes, send photos. Photos validate written perspectives.

Attachments

• NX1101.JPG
    NX1101.JPG
    185 KB · Views: 178
I had this drivetrain on a bike with a Bafang HD and destroyed it in a matter of two-weeks. I doubt that the drivetrain can sustainably manage 90Nm. It is made for regular mountain bikes and not powerful eclectic bikes. I look forward to other people's experiences.
Yes, send photos. Photos validate written perspectives.
Interesting. So KMC e chains are not all they are cracked up to be??? Really want to know. Thank you. 👍

Interesting. So KMC e chains are not all they are cracked up to be??? Really want to know. Thank you. 👍
Actually I like the KMC chains. 11-speed cogs are narrow and the NX is not made out of something like titanium. It was operator error. What was I thinking putting that much power into a regular bike's drivetrain? Lesson learned. I screw up like this more than most people. It is how I learn. From mistakes.🕺🚴‍♂️

It's no secret that the Ultra can eat chains and sprockets, pushing it too hard too fast can cause this problem, thanks for the warning.

I'm new to all of this but I do like to take care of tools/equipment /gear, and keep it in good shape.

Is there a good quality, lighter weight, chain mending tool and specific extra links I should get to have on hand and be ready to carry in a riding pack?

Also is there a specific chain that might be about the best, to have as a spare for the Rockstar?

Hopefully links and chain would also fit the Sondors MXS - just got notice from FedEx that will be delivered Friday. (My "Taxi Bike" to tide me over till my Rockstar arrives.)

I'm new to all of this but I do like to take care of tools/equipment /gear, and keep it in good shape.

Is there a good quality, lighter weight, chain mending tool and specific extra links I should get to have on hand and be ready to carry in a riding pack?

Also is there a specific chain that might be about the best, to have as a spare for the Rockstar?

Hopefully links and chain would also fit the Sondors MXS - just got notice from FedEx that will be delivered Friday. (My "Taxi Bike" to tide me over till my Rockstar arrives.)
I'm going to leave the specifics to your fellow Rockstar owners to answer for you but you need to go to You Tube and start watching videos on bike maintenance and repair. Park Tools has lots of good videos. EMTB as well. Search for 'chain replacement', drive train maintenance, tire and tube repair, etc. 👍 :)

Back